Sangeetha Kalpadhrumam by Muthiah Bhagavathar

Books on Carnatic Music and those for / by / on musicians.
snnviolin

Sangeetha Kalpadhrumam by Muthiah Bhagavathar

Post by snnviolin »

Dear all,

I wanted to get a copy of Sangeetha Kalpadhrumam by Muthiah Bhagavathar in English or Kannada . Also is there any other book that has all compisitions of Muthiah Bhagavathar with notations in English or Kannada ?

Thanks
Best Regards
SNN

Lakshman

Re: Sangeetha Kalpadhrumam by Muthiah Bhagavathar

Post by Lakshman »

I am not sure if there is an edition of Sangita Kalpadhrumamin kannaDa or english. I have his songs only in tamil script. Maybe the songs have also been published in kannaDa.

keerthi

Post by keerthi »

snn,

I too have been trying to get hold of the Sangeeta-kalpa-drumam. There are Tamil and Msalayalam editions, but the book isn't available in Kannada or English.

The cAmuNDAmbA aSTOttara shata krti-s have been transliterated into kaNNada by Vid. R.N.Sreelatha. Similarly the Shiva-kriti-s have been notated in kannaDa by Sudha V.Murthy, a pra-shishyA of HMB, [Through BelakavaDi SrinivAsa Iyengar].

Many other miscellaneous compositions, tillAna-s and varNa-s etc, are yet to be made available in kannaDa and other scripts, and are only available in H.M.Vaidyalingam Bhagavatar's multivolume tamil edition.

The above two kannaDa books can be found in stores stocking music books in Bangalore and Mysore.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

There was a discussion about this book earlier on this site and there it was mentioned that someone has the scanned (digital) version of the Tamil book. If so please confirm so that it will save the time and effort to copy the book. Otherwise I am willing to do the scanning but it is going to take time as it runs over 450 pages.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Well, here it is finally! - the scanned pages of Sangitakalpadhrumam.

Download link:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/kx1hfc

shrinik

Post by shrinik »

Hello laxman ji,
The download link of the file says it's expired.is it possible to get the soft copy of the book?

Thanks in advance

shrinik

Post by shrinik »

Hello laxman ji,
The download link of the file says it's expired.is it possible to get the soft copy of the book?

Thanks in advance

vidya raja

Post by vidya raja »

There were earlier discussions on copies of The Sangeetha Kalpadhrumam and posts by Smt Harini Raghavan . Please check the following link

http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic ... am#p180181

shrinik

Post by shrinik »

Hi Vidya raja,
Checked the earlier discussion too.the link given at the end of the discussion says it expires :(.that's why requested for a soft copy.
Thanks

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

shrinik

Post by shrinik »

Thanks a lot laxman ji!