Hyderabad Brothers at Krishna Gana Sabha, 9th Dec 2006

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
vijay

Post by vijay »

Rs. 100 ticket for a back row seat at KGS, valid “only for the 4.30 PM concertâ€

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

Vijay, Krishna Gana Sabha does have 50 bucks tickets. You can sit on stage, behind the Artist and listen to the concert. i thought that was the best bet there. otherwise, they might just as well rename themselves as koLLai gAna sabhA. :P

list seems to be nice.

vijay

Post by vijay »

Yeah I think I was offered that option but my ageing bones have lost a crucial couple of inches of flexibility...in hindsight though I should have been able to hold up the posture for 2 hours...Interestingly Vani mahal has jacked up the minimum rate to Rs. 100 for Sudha, Aruna, Nithyasree, Yesudas and Jayashree concerts!

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

oh is it? i havent been to Vani Mahal in ages. Usually stick to Raga Sudha and other Mylapore, Alwarpet venues. Travel is much easier...

vijay

Post by vijay »

It's not a bad place after the revamp but the audio just hammers your ears...I always come out of the hall with a splitting headache

meena

Post by meena »

do senior citizens and students get a discount?

jayaram

Post by jayaram »

MMA seems to have the best audio for CM in Madras.

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

meena, AFAIK, the only place in the city which gives all these students discount and/or free entry is Nada Inbam, Raga Sudha Hall.

And The place with best acoustics is also Raga Sudha only. MA comes behind only.

meena

Post by meena »

thanks bharath, its a shame that all sabha's do not give a discount to students and sr. citizens.

vijay

Post by vijay »

Meena if the sabhas statred giving discounts to students and senior citizens, they would not be collecting revenues at all! Brahma Gana Sabha is another nice hall with good acoustics and comforytable seats. Raga Sudha hall is a great venue as well -a very discerning crowd too

meena

Post by meena »

vijay

come on now, not asking for huge chunk just 5% for starters! this way they will draw more crowd.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

bharath/vijay,
Yes! SKGS has to certainly watch out for the 100 Rs despite their cane chairs, considering that there is no parking lot in the sabha and also Mudhra is moving to RKM school in bazullah road with ample parking.Not to speak about the panagal park traffic mess. Also there are 6 sabhas in T.Nagar area.

This year , I am having a ball with the concept of curtain raisers branded as pre kutcheri. The artists in 4 pm slots in established sabhas,who are used to watching the clock to vacate their podium to the prime slot vidwan, get more chances to sing more in evening slot . If NRI's don't turn out in right proportion , all the sabhas will have to go back to drawing board and do serious introspection.

Vijay,
Can you also put the song list as a prelude(atleast from the next review...) to your very excellent review.
Last edited by rajeshnat on 13 Dec 2006, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.

vijay

Post by vijay »

meena wrote:vijay

come on now, not asking for huge chunk just 5% for starters! this way they will draw more crowd.
Yeah, it certainly makes sense - Microeconomics 101 - price discrimination...but that woulnd't go down too well with our NRI folks!

Rajesh, a 100 rupee note only gets you a seat in the back rows - the cane chairs cost 200 bucks! However I found them quite comfortable...anyway, I should not be complaining too much - it pinches the pocket a little but the music deserves all that and more...

And about songlists, I usually forget to carry writing materials and tend to forget or not recognize many of the items, especially tukkadas (assuming I do stay back for them)...so I find it more convenient to talk about my impressions...anyway, will try to put together lists from now on, even if they are incomplete