Mysore Nagamani Srinath

Carnatic Musicians
Sreeni Rajarao

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

I would like to initiate a thread on vidushi Mysore Nagamani Srinath, yet another exemplary musician from Karnataka who deserves wider recognition.

Over the years, I have listened to several outstanding renditions of hers on the radio and CDs. I have attended a very memorable concert she gave in Flint, Michigan in 2005. She is a composer as well, and some of her tillanas I have listened to, are very suitable for Bharatanatya presentations too.

I just browsed her website www.Mysorenagamanisrinath.com which has good information on her background and accomplishments (There is a message that reads the website expires on May 28th, 08. I hope they are working on getting it renewed)

I understand she is currently performing in some cities in the U.S. It would be nice to hear from rasikas who might have attended any of her concerts on this tour.

Sreeni Rajarao

matterwaves

Post by matterwaves »

Nagamani Srinath has attained maharatha in singing raga lalitha. No one can sing lalitha like she does.

ramakriya

Post by ramakriya »

Does any one have her schedule here in the US?

Sreeni Rajarao

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

I understand Vidushi Nagamani Srinath will be in the U.S until early July. I am trying to get her schedule for the remainder of her stay in the U.S.
Sreeni Rajarao

rajeeram

Post by rajeeram »

Smt Nagamani Srinath used to visit Trivandrum every year and all I remember is exquisite brigas in a melodious voice at a fairly high pitch (5.5 kattai at least IIRC) and complex RTPs . I was too naive musically speaking and don't recall much else. But a singer who made a real impression on me in my younger days. Glad to hear about her again here.

I also remember hearing her sing Nannu Brovu Lalitha with a lot of feeling.

This post made me look her up in sangeethapriya and to my delight I found this.

http://sangeethamshare.org/tvg/UPLOADS- ... I_SRINATH/
Last edited by rajeeram on 27 May 2008, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.

Ramnath Iyer

Post by Ramnath Iyer »

Great vidwan. Heard her many times in the seventies. The late NMN (of Hindu) used to write glowing reviews about her performances.

Sreeni Rajarao

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

Just an update on Smt. Nagamani Srinath's current U.S. tour - I have learned that the vidushi intends to spend the rest of her stay in the U.S. (until early July) with her family. She is not planning on any more concerts on this tour.
Sreeni Rajarao
May 28th, 08

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

I guess the rAga referred in the article is jana sammOdhini and not Jaa Sammohini

"There are 101 padas, and the twin package costs Rs. 300. How about spending Rs. 3 for a kriti for a wealth of information by our musical saints?"

rajesh_rs

Post by rajesh_rs »

I haven't heard much else of this artist but for a Kambhoji on Sunaada.in (playing right now, see date/time stamp of my post), but I have to say the Kambhoji was pretty badly rendered. I don't know what the conditions in the concert were, but I didn't enjoy listening to it. Full of apaswaras and slipping into Shankarabharanam at times.

rajeshnat

Re: Mysore Nagamani Srinath

Post by rajeshnat »

Congraulations to vidushi Nagamani Srinath in getting Sangeetha kala acharya award from academy in 2015.

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Fantastic news. Congrats to the Prof.!

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Congratulations!!

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Congratulations and best wishes.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Yes, I'm doubly delighted--that Chennai is recognizing this classy musician from Karnataka.
Congratulations, Nagamani avarE :)

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Congratulations to vidushi!

Sreeni Rajarao

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

Congratulations to Smt Nagamani Srinath!

I hope matterwaves is still visiting our Forum (see Post # 2 above)!

https://archive.org/details/08SreeTripu ... riInLalita

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Congratulations and best wishes.
Thanjavooran
28 06 2015

parivadini

Post by parivadini »

Amritavarshini FM played a truly wonderful Rishabapriya rendition of hers a few days back. Her voice was hitting the higher notes with precision and sweetness. A few weeks back, the same channel played a week long teaching session of hers when she taught a wonderful Devamanohari kriti of Veena Kuppaiyer. Her depth of the subject was quite evident in her teaching and the comments on the raga/kriti she juxtaposed with her singing.

Sreeni Rajarao

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

Last few days I have been listening to a 4 CD compilation that features Vid Nagamani's music from 1970 - 2005.

It has some recordings that I consider as gems. So far, I have listened to only 2 of the 4 CDs and hope to catch up soon.

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

CRama

Post by CRama »

In the 80s, I have heard her many concerts in TVM and also subsequently in Bangalore. Reg the Rishabhapriya quoted by parivadini, she had released a commercial casette by AVM of Mysore Vasudevachar compostions in which Rishabhapriya-Mahatmule was the main song. It was one of our early introduction to the ragam- the other one being by MLV. My casette has become bad and now the casettes/CD are not avialable in the market.

parivadini

Post by parivadini »

Dear Rama,

She sang Kotiswara Iyer's Kriti "Gana Naya Desika" the other day.

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

matterwaves

Post by matterwaves »

Sreeni Rajarao wrote:Congratulations to Smt Nagamani Srinath!

I hope matterwaves is still visiting our Forum (see Post # 2 above)!

https://archive.org/details/08SreeTripu ... riInLalita

Yes dear sir. but infrequent these days..moved to a different geography.Thanks for this lalitha and the mention