Serial numbers to all the posts

Troubleshooting
msakella

Serial numbers to all the posts

Post by msakella »

Dear Sir, Previously serial numbers are furnished to all the posts written by the forum members and later this facility was discontinued. As this facility facilitates easy and quick verification of the posts I request the moderators to revive this facility at the earliest. amsharma

srkris
Site Admin

Re: Serial numbers to all the posts

Post by srkris »

Dear Akella garu -- Noted, this will be introduced shortly.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Ok. Thanks a lot dear. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

I shall be thankful if you fulfill this at the earliest as they are very much needed while referring them. amsharma

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Dear Akellaji, acknowledging your concerns.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

The post numbers & 'likes' (with the small heart symbol at the bottom right of each post) are now in place.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Thanks a lot dear, I could find the serial number of each and every post. amsharma

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Well done and thank you for the functionality.

I see that the red heart is now a green thumbs-up. The red heart would be good in the matrimonials subforum of the Lounge.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Nick H wrote:I see that the red heart is now a green thumbs-up. The red heart would be good in the matrimonials subforum of the Lounge.
Getting picky, are we? In any case, I got a heart chuckle out of that one!!

msakella

Post by msakella »

But, surprisingly enough, while copying the contents of the post this particular serial number is not being copied. I do not understand the technique to copy the post along with this serial number. amsharma

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Akellaji - I suppose you are asking why the post number does not appear within a quote. Please let me know why you need to quote the post number rather than just the content?

arasi

Post by arasi »

srkris,
I'm also glad you did away with the number of views. The concert Reviews forum really showed the disparities, not often an indicator for an artiste's merits...

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear srkris,

Unlike any other music-teacher in Vocal or Violin on earth I have many experiences in my teaching life by which many aspirants were spoiled due to my un-known faults. However, only by the grace of the Almighty, I could realize very late and since been honestly serving our community.

Later, having become a member in your forum, I am always concentrating only in educating our community bringing most of my experiences to their notice to save them from becoming the prey of our so called music-teachers. I have always been used to maintain all the records and in this respect, for example, I have quoted some important facts in the 447th post of the sub-thread ‘AMS EASY METHODS 2007 CD - TEACHING & LEARNING METHODS BY A.M.Sharma’ under the main thread ‘Music school’. Sometimes I may require to reiterate some of these points giving the reference of the number of the post and the point. But, due to my old age, I am afraid that I am unable to maintain the minute details properly in my records. Now, this became true when I referred the same post carrying another serial number 451.

Thus, not to give any wrong information to our readers I need these details but not to misuse them in any manner at this fag end of my life. amsharma

arasi

Post by arasi »

Akellaji,
Supposing you QUOTE the number in your post, it may be possible for us to find it? Just a wild guess.

While the young are busy catching up with a surge of new things, for you and I, it's not a picnic :)

msakella

Post by msakella »

Arasi dear,

To you this may be a thing to take it casually or jovially. But for me it is the only serious thing.

This is learning an invisible art which makes more difficult than in learning any other one on earth. Adding fuel to the fire, very sadly, this learning of our music has never been standardized by any of our so called maestros or legends or experts who are under the guise of Sangita Kalanidhis or Sangita Samrats or Padmashris or Padmavibhooshans or Bharatratnas but not teachers at all. Now only I have standardized up to some extent and getting amazing end-results unlike any other musician on the earth.

While initiating the aspirant I don’t sing even Sa or Pa once in any of the classes but make him/her sing most intricate things within only one year unlike any other musician on the earth. To do this very strictly the aspirant has to follow my instructions very scrupulously. To find my instructions in these posts he must find the respective pages and the content. If he/she cannot do this I don’t care to take him/her as a student. That’s all. amsharma

arasi

Post by arasi »

Akellaji,
What made you think that I was being casual or jovial about this? Since I am in the same boat as you are--an elder trying to learn a few basic things in technology to survive and to communicate, I am trying to find solutions (simple and from a simpleton they might well be, but still hoping for a result).

Please don't take my suggestion as a trivial statement. I am looking for ways to overcome my deficiencies, and that's why I thought this might help.

I have to say how difficult I used to find it to type in tamizh lipi and post it here. CML, VKailasam and Paupathy tried to educate me. I struggled, and finally, after a year I succeeded! Thanks to them, I not only type poems and letters, I even posted twenty or so prose writings of mine from my old newspaper days on Rasikas last year!

msakella

Post by msakella »

Arasi dear,
I don’t intend to belittle you in any manner.

Your problem is entirely different with my problem. While your problem is visible and can be dealt by anybody my problem is in regard to an invisible fine-art in which very heavy physical exertion is involved and all the teachers since many years have been looting the public taking advantage of their ignorance of the actual facts. Being a professional-performer and teacher I was also a victim of their misdeeds and spoiled umpteen innocent students in my Govt. service. Did you ever spoil your students and repented like me?

Ultimately all this lead to fully give up even my lucrative artistic field after my retirement and work hard for days and nights. Thus, it took 40 years of my precious life for solving the unsolved ‘Talaprastara’ and, later, after my retirement, since last 20 years for finding a solution to avoid the atrocities of these so called music-teachers/cheaters.

Even while I am unable to convince even our maestros or legends or experts in this respect how can I do it in your case? When there is no use of discussing even with our musicians (magicians) what is the use of discussing with a non-musician? amsharma

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Oh please, for god's sake, just STOP insulting everybody: students and their gurus. We are all tired of reading this in every thread.

msakella

Post by msakella »

No dear, I never accuse or insult the poor students who have become the prey of the so called Gurus.

Yes, I always accuse the teachers only for their most harmful illogicalities of their teachings. If I am wrong why don’t they come out together, arrange a public meeting, call me, prove their innocence and condemn my statements? Till now they could not do it. That itself obviously reveals that they are deliberately cheating the public. Then, until such time, why should I not accuse them as cheaters which is an absolute truth?

If you are truly tired in this respect you can also join with them and do so in condemning my statement. Please try? I Wish you all the best. amsharma

arasi

Post by arasi »

Akellaji,
You misunderstand me. I MERELY tried to tell you that you could try what I suggested to overcome the serial numbers problem you had. NOTHING but that :(

Gave my experience as an example as how other seniors guided me and it really helped...

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

In addition to the light green thumb for the specific post, there are two green thumbs, one light and the other dark after the poster's name at the extreme right column. What do they represent ? Please enlighten the technologically handicapped !

After this posting, I went back and noticed the next topic where this is discussed ! How does one indicate his/her agree/disagree or like/ dislike?

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

If I understand this correctly (and believe you me, I am as technologically challenged as you) - I think the light one under your name in the right panel indicates the number of posts you have given a thumbs up to, and the dark one is the number of your posts that have received a thumbs up from others.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

I have wondered the same, and that is how it was explained to me.