Anoor Ananthakrishna Sharma

Carnatic Musicians
rajeshnat

Anoor Ananthakrishna Sharma

Post by rajeshnat »

Bangalore based mrudangam artist. A write up that came up in march 26,2015 in The Hindu
http://www.thehindu.com/features/metrop ... 036329.ece

Rsachi

Laya Vidwan Anoor Ananthakrishna Sharma

Post by Rsachi »

Felicitations and Best wishes to Vid. "Shivu" turning fifty. Here are notes from two of his students, including the Khanjari maestro Guruprasanna :

I have known Vid. Shivu for many years. He is a charming person and a very good collaborator on stage. He has trained many good laya Vidwans. More success to this laya exponent!

Last year, he came straight from leading a long show of his massive laya ensemble in BGS to our Rasaanveshanam concert to accompany Aishwarya Vidya Raghunath with hardly a few minutes (time to change) before start.

Sreeni Rajarao

Re: Laya Vidwan Anoor Ananthakrishna Sharma

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

Many Happy returns of the day to my friend Shivu!

My family is indebted to Shivu for the great support he has provided us in our efforts in producing CDs, organizing events and concerts.

I have heard from very reliable sources that he is an excellent singer as well - I look forward to hearing his vocal performance one of these days!

varsha

Re: Laya Vidwan Anoor Ananthakrishna Sharma

Post by varsha »

Composer too. I once heard Kalavathy Avadhooth sing a brilliant tillana in kadanakuthoohalam.I progressed as far as figuring out that it was Anoors composition.Could never verify it.But that experience lingers. It was a concert in Shimoga