Bounce Metronome

Tālam & Layam related topics
Nick H

Bounce Metronome

Post by Nick H »

A helpful laya aid for playing or just for education. Handles stuff like chapu talams with nadai subdision easily: it extends from the simplest 4/4 to complex multiple combined rhythms.

Only basic functions come free, but the full package is not expensive, and there are generous discounts for students, retired, etc. 30-day trial is for free.

Bounce Metronome

I just played with it for half an hour, and would say that the only thing it lacks is actual hands and fingers :)

mahavishnu

Re: Bounce Metronome

Post by mahavishnu »

Very interesting. Thanks, Nick.

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

Thanks for the link Nick. I'll check this one out. I use fine Metronome and it is an amazingly capable software and can render any tala for Carnatic music as well. But this gradually accelerating and declerating tempo feature in bounce is interesting.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Fine metronome looks like a much simpler solution, and probably absolutely adequate for time and tala keeping. Bounce goes deep, way deep, and to many it might be a bit Microsoft-Office-ish: hundreds of new functions with every version, whereas most of never used more than 10% of the stuff in the first version.

For me, Fine metronome is out because it is for Windows only :devil:

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Hey Nick, Ok, I see your thing. Microsoft-Office-ish program in a non Windows computer. ;)

I will have to check out both Fine and Bounce. Any recommendation with feature parity of either of these two for iOS devices. I use the vanilla Steinway metronome on iOS. I use it mainly for its feature to set the metronome rate by tapping on the screen instead of setting a specific number ( you can do that also ). This way, I can easily match the tempo of the song I am hearing. Other than that, it does not do much else like naDai etc.

( I just checked out 'Fine'. It also has an easy way to set the tempo by tapping on a button. Fine )

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

set the metronome rate by tapping on the screen
That's neat :)