Dislike this new Rasika layout and the ant size print.

Troubleshooting
smala

Dislike this new Rasika layout and the ant size print.

Post by smala »

I actually hate it.

To cheer up from pathetic set-up, here's an attentive 3-month old singing Carnatic - enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... fMnCuvJjK0

arasi

Re: Dislike this new Rasika layout and the ant size print.

Post by arasi »

Mala,
;)

Actually, your post is well-suited for the next two threads in this section: Hilarity in Concerts and Brigha!

My reaction: the left hand-side grid can be less obtrusive.

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

I dont think the new layout does anything for the reader or post-er. I was earlier talking of wasted right margin and now we have wasted spaces on both sides. No offense meant for anyone. However here is an applause in advance for anyone who will tweak it better :clap:

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

...the ant size print.
Try hitting CTRL+ (no, I didn't leave anything out: control-plus!) a couple of times: you can make the type as big or small as you want.

I'm not wild about the new "theme," but I don't at all hate it. Didn't I read somewhere about choice going to happen?

smala

Post by smala »

Nick, hitting CTRL etc...why do I have to work on the page before I can get to read it - make it readable in the first place for God's sake! Am I the only one who dislikes this new layout and font?

Did *anyone* see the 3-month old baby watchful and singing back??? We may have the birth of a genius...

arasi

Post by arasi »

Mala,
Didn't you see my post? I thought the baby was great. That's why I said the clip belonged in Hilarity thread (amazed by her talent) and the BrigA thread because we have heard sweet-sounding little ones, but not a brigA prone one. What was even more impressive was her taste. The moment the (talented) father gets carried away, she gives him a look!

You may also see some of us reacting to the new format in the Website Issues Section...

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Yes, the font is very distracting

venkatakailasam

Post by venkatakailasam »

The stuff is not in the shape of the container...

What is inside is more important...which requires improvement..

This is my personal view...

smala

Post by smala »

Thanks Arasi - will check out that Website Woes thread - is Skris listening?

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

smala wrote:Nick, hitting CTRL etc...why do I have to work on the page before I can get to read it - make it readable in the first place for God's sake! Am I the only one who dislikes this new layout and font?
I don't have ant-sized text, I have normal text, so your problem with this could well be your problem with this. Once fixed, as per [Firefox-based] instructions, it will stay fixed. The "zoom setting" for a site is persistent --- but it can be changed accidentally, leaving one wondering why everything is huge/tiny. CTRL-MouseWheel works too, and I find it easier to get just what I want that way, but I also find that I sometimes do it accidentally.

smala

Post by smala »

A couple of others have the same screen with small font - of course it can be enlarged but in the general package it is irritating as the layout is even more so - I find.

If you don't agree, fine.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

A couple of others
Quite. It is not a universal problem, and it is not part of the "theme." And it is easily fixed.

As for the rest of it all: I much preferred the old style.

smala

Post by smala »

How do you know its not "universal" or at least disliked by more people for whatever reasons - I didn't take a sample - just mentioned two others in passing to your pointing to it as "my" problem. Most folks seem to go on with what they do, fingers tapping away in posts to the topics of choice or just reading... ignoring the new 'decor' and it attributes or taking it in their stride.

Anyway, I'm done saying what I wanted to, am outta here. Cheers!

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Because it didn't happen to me!

So, out of the two people we know for sure, only you had the problem.

Look, it could have been fixed in the time it took to write just one word of this thread. I only tried to help...

CRama

Post by CRama »

Ihave vision problems and the new format makes it difficult to read. Anybody to listen?

girish_a

Post by girish_a »

"I actually hate it"

Hate seconded.

"for God's sake! Am I the only one who dislikes this new layout and font?"

NO. I dislike it too...The default font size is a little hard on the eyes.....and why has the quote option vanished? I can only see an exclamation icon for reporting posts.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

This topic has been locked, as we already have an ongoing thread at http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 89#p242089

Please continue the discussion there. I have noted the above points and will respond substantively and fix them soon.