Pannalal Ghosh

Classical Music of North India
maamoondi

Post by maamoondi »

With Parameswaran away at Hazira for 10 days, I did what I could in searching download links for Pannalal Ghosh and guess what I found!!!
About 12 tracks of pure bliss - most of them claim to be 'rips' from 'Vinyls'.
Srkris, is it ok to share these on this website?? The only unfortunate part is that these were part of a torrent :(
Do let me know so that I could the instructions left behind by Parameswaran for uploading files and posting them on the net :)
Many thanks

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

If they are available in the market as pre-recorded music, then please no.

VarunMehta.k

Post by VarunMehta.k »

I would like the tracks :) I know, I have no morals jk

meena

Post by meena »

VarunMehta.k

First and foremost take the time to read our forum rules:

http://rasikas.org/misc.php?action=rules

VarunMehta.k

Post by VarunMehta.k »

Thanks. I did not remember them

maamoondi

Post by maamoondi »

srkris wrote:If they are available in the market as pre-recorded music, then please no.
I did search the market - none available in tapes - though I did find one MP3 CD - he claims to have downloaded the stuff from the net.
The list of songs that I downloaded says the following:
Pannalal Ghosh - 1963 to 71 Vinyls
Chandramauli Vilambit, Chandramauli Drut, Hansnaraini, Deepawali Vilambit, Deepawali Drut, Dadra, Hansadhwani, Basant Mukhari, Bhupali Todi, Khamaj Thumri, Kajri and Pilu.
I would be grateful to the moderators on the forum to please advise me if this collection is a copyrighted one - and if so, I will keep it to myself. If not, then and only then, will I share it with others.
Thanks a million and God Bless,
Maamoondi.

PS: Param may be posted in Hazira for the next six months or so but will keep coming to Bombay on weekends.