VALMIKI RAMAYANAM - SUNDARAKANDAM

History, religion and culture
veeyens3

Re: VALMIKI RAMAYANAM - SUNDARAKANDAM

Post by veeyens3 »

Com on folks. Buy the C.D It is so cheap compared to many other things. For example if you go to to a restaurant in U.S.A you will not hesitate to pay 6 or 7 dollars for a single Masala Dosai' I do not know much Sri Raghavendra was paid By Giri Traders for the initial recording It is is a wonder that he has maintained the same sruthi and tempo through the entire episode .It would be nice thing if a decent amount is paid to him as royalty on the sale of every C.D.If rasikas do not mistake it for personal autobiography,I would like to mention that it was originally in 98 or99 released as a packet of nine cassettes a at a cost of Rs. 450.00 (and rupee went much further then ) and when I wanted to copy into a C.D.my wife would not permit me to do so unless I paid some compensation to the artist. If we regard Ramayana as sacred it is upto us to encourage people studying and reciting it I used to do Sundara Kanda parayanam at the rate of one Sarga every day. On Sri Rama navami , In addition to Sri Rama jananam I will recite entire Sundara Kanda. It will take 11 to 12 hours But age has taken its toll and I am at present doing this at a much lower rate sitting in the comfort of a sofa in the drawing room.ri Rama bless you all

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Veeyens3 sir
You have amazing temperament, amazing positive outlook to life and each of your points are so specific and well balanced.Sri Rama has blessed you sir, still have no clue as how the same Sri rama will bless us all others.

Punarvasu
Can we get a small video clip of your dad and his pictures if I am not asking much

PUNARVASU

Post by PUNARVASU »

Mods, can you pl. move posts 103 to 113 to the thread 'Brief Profiles of Rasikas' under 'Lounge'?