Sri Satyanarayana Vrata Katha - Another version?

History, religion and culture
Agraja

Sri Satyanarayana Vrata Katha - Another version?

Post by Agraja »

Earlier today while reciting the katha to my family, a question that has been nagging at the back of my mind rose again. In chapter 3 of the katha, the daughter of the sadhu-vaisya, Kalawathi, visits a brahmin's house, listens to the Sri Satyanarayan katha, and returns home. Since she and her family are the protagonists in the katha as we know it, it is clear that the katha she listens to is a different version. Can anyone relate to me this version of the katha ab antiquo.

Agraja

Re: Sri Satyanarayana Vrata Katha - Another version?

Post by Agraja »

Anyone?

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

I did not hear too much about Sri Satyanarayana Vrata Katha being read in South and it was at one and still continue to be a North Indian. Is there a tamil/telugu/kannada version available. Sorry for my ignorance

Agraja

Post by Agraja »

Thanks VKR for your response. I'm not aware about any Tamil/Telugu/Kannada version of the katha, but I do have a link to an English version. I must say I am rather dismayed that the language barrier within our own country is being bridged by a foreign tongue. Still, it serves the purpose. Hope this helps: http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/payalvinod/sai.html

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Thank you for sharing the downloadable website.