Terminology question

To teach and learn Indian classical music
Enna_Solven

Post by Enna_Solven »

I need help with the following terms. This example is for kambhoji from carnatica.net

chAyA svarams: ma, dha and ni = swarams that exemplify the identity of the ragam?

nyAsa svarams: ga, ma, pa, dha = ?

Resting notes: ga, pa, dha = ?

thanks

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear b/s-member, Enna Solven, ‘ga, ma, pa, dha’ are Nyasa svaras in which you can conclude the Alapana of a Raga, or Svarakalpana. ‘Nyasam’ means leaving off.
‘ga, pa, dha’ are resting notes in which you can stay for some time in the Alapana of a Raga or Svarakalpana. amsharma

ganesh_mourthy

Post by ganesh_mourthy »

sir akella, can you conclude it with chaaya , graha , vaadi and vivaadi as well for our members please.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear brother-member, ganesh_mourthy, As I have struggled much of my life in the research of Talaprastara I can answer any technical question relating to Talaprastara within minutes. But, I need some time if at all I have to answer the questions of other topics. However, it is always safe in such case to have a second opinion. amsharma

ganesh_mourthy

Post by ganesh_mourthy »

i dont understand.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear brother-member, ganesh_mourthy, There is nothing great not to understand in this respect. As I am well versed mainly in Talaprastara, being the topic for my research, I can anwer the questions relating to Talaprastara very quickly and easily within minutes. But, if the questions are of any other topic I have to recollect or refer some other book to answer them which may also need some time. Nowadays as many of the books are being written collecting the material from a number of books and that too to get only some fame or only to make money but not to properly enlighten the society we should be very careful in collecting the material. The same thing applies to me also and at last, having referred many books, having find it very difficult to arrive at a conclusion in giving the required answer and having become compelled to give on answer or the other to look as a knowledgeable person at this old age, I may have to give you a wrong answer which you have to bear with. So, by all this, it is always better to have a second opinion not only in respect of a decease but also in respect of knowledge. amsharma