A teacher in Indira nagar

To teach and learn Indian classical music
ArjunNarayanan

Post by ArjunNarayanan »

hello everyone.
firstly a big thank you to whoever created this wonderful site.
i have been learning carnatic music for around 10-11 years now, my present teacher will be leaving bangalore and i would like to continue learning music. My teacher suggested learning from a male teacher and also from a person who has given performances (kacheri's). If anyone can provide any information it would be helpful. I live in Indiranagar area and it would be helpful if the teacher is in and around indiranagar as i go to school and do not have time to travel long distances for classes.

Thank You,
Arjun

jayanthisundar2k

Post by jayanthisundar2k »

Hi,

My son's master, named neyveli Ganesh, is a wonderful teacher. He is the grandson of one of the Alathur brothers. He will come home and teach. Call him, if interested in 24404150.
Regards,
Jayanthi

ramakriya

Post by ramakriya »

IIRC, there is something called Indira Nagar Sangeetha Sabha, where regular classes are help. A google search may give you some details.

umaramesh206

Post by umaramesh206 »

My daughter is 5 yrs old, and we're trying to get her started in Carnatic Music in Bangalore, we tried Neyveli Ganesh's number
provided, but it seems that number isn't operational. Could you please share an updated or, if incorrect, correct number?

Thanks in advance.