Can you spot the computer?

Tālam & Layam related topics
ratacrobat

Post by ratacrobat »

Hello Rasikas,

I have been working on modelling the rhythmic activity of carnatic percussionists with a computer.
If you are interested to see if you can distinguish between human and computer made examples please try my questionnaire, it takes about 30 minutes to complete.
Note: All of the examples are 'played' by the computer, the human examples have been transcribed into the system by myself, so please don't go on rigidity of performance if possible.

On the first page it asks for a notifier, if you could put in 'rasikas' so that I can distinguish you from the others.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=s ... 8TeA_3d_3d

Thank you very much,

Arthur

girish_a

Post by girish_a »

75 views and no responses. I'd suggest you make the subject line a little more attractive. "Spot the computer" doesn't sound like a very compelling headline.

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

I took his survey. It is like the Turing Test but for mridangam. Is it a human or computer which devised the lesson? Very interesting. It takes a bit of time to finish the survey. If the survey is still up, it will be interesting to check it out.

ratacrobat

Post by ratacrobat »

Thanks for your responses, thanks to those who completed it. I have now finished my dissertation, the survey will be up for 22 more days but results won't be counted.