A Foreigner and CM

To teach and learn Indian classical music
twister

Post by twister »

Dear borthers and sisters,

As someone can remember me in this forum - I am a pretentious novice in CM, able to generate a squall of questions for you, rasikas =)

I am a westerner, a guitar player, adoring the beautiful, heavenly garden of CM.

So, I've recorder some 12-minute stuff and just wonder: is it possible to post a link to the record at this forum, to receive your experienced critics?

It's not a particular raag, and of course it may sound just terrible to your ears. However, any comments would be welcome, any critics and advices regarding my further training. Honestly, thank you =) In particular, maybe, by chance, this may remind you some raga, so please guide me - what ragas should I look for. Just any thoughts, please, as I am somewhat isolated in my musical taste here, and disoriented about my future.

So, again, the question - may I post the link to the record here in this forum? Can anyone help?

Thank you =)

appu

Post by appu »

Twister,

I am sure forum members will be glad to critique your music. Do bear in mind, this is a public forum and members can be brutally honest. You should have a thick skin.

Lastly I hope you are posting your own music and not somebody else.

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Sure, twister.

srikant1987

Post by srikant1987 »

Good! I eagerly wait to see what you have played.
Last edited by srikant1987 on 21 Mar 2009, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Last edited by coolkarni on 24 Nov 2009, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.

twister

Post by twister »

Thank all of you for the response!

A note about the thick skin threw quite a wet blanket upon my rising spirits, so I've decided to prepare better to the tornado of your righteous criticism :)

So, I'll make some more preparations and post it here surely.

Thanx again and see you later!

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

You can still stick around for the conversation :)