VLC Player for YouTube

Ideas and innovations in Indian classical music
Rsachi

VLC Player for YouTube

Post by Rsachi »

I don't know if this is of interest to you folks, but just today, I used VLC Player twice to watch YouTube and FB videos for a better viewing and listening experience.

In the first YouTube video, there was an annoying delay between audio and video which made the playing look crazy--- the mridangam kid was playing a chapu and I was hearing some other sound, delayed. So I tried many things to fix the replay issue (the luxury of a man of leisure) and found no solution on the Internet.
I then got a brainwave (it was almost exactly approximately about 12 noon) and I copied the URL, opened the VLC Player app on my computer, and went to "Open network" under File menu, pasted the link, and pressed return.
Pronto! the video was now playing in a VLC Player window. It afforded me under Window/Track Synchronisation a control to adjust the audio/video sync delay. After trying a couple of values, I was able to get a near perfect sync between the picture and sound (like lip sync etc.)

Second time was just now, I saw a lovely Abhishek 'Sapashyat" clip on FB
Using VLC Player (same open network trick) I was able to add some colour saturation and also adjust the equaliser for a better sound quality of this apparent mobile phone clip.

Folks, try it and tell me!
It helps to improve the YouTube and other streaming audio/video files to make the replay to your satisfaction. Side Benefit: no annoying array of distractions, banner ads, other related videos etc. etc. on the screen. You can also happily multitask on your computer.

VLC Player is a freeware app and is available for both Windows and Mac computers.

Disclaimer: Regrettably, I have no monetary relationship with either VLC or Lalit Modi.

Nick H

Re: VLC Player for YouTube

Post by Nick H »

for both Windows, Mac and Linux computers. And Android. All three of them. Or four. Or more.

Well done for accurately syncing the sound/vision. I haven't tried that for ages: last time I did, it drove me crazy.

vasanthakokilam

Re: VLC Player for YouTube

Post by vasanthakokilam »

It is my player of choice. Sachi,I just tried it on the Mac and it worked. Thanks for the tip. Next time I have a need to correct sync issues I will use this method.