Youth Sings to beat of longest tala-Simhanandana Taala

Tālam & Layam related topics
vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

' SR Vinay Sharva' A 19 year old Engineering Student has accomplished this rare feat on Saturday, 27 Sep'08 in Bangalore.
Details are in
http://rapidshare.com/files/149601521/News.jpg.html

vs_manjunath

tkb

Post by tkb »

I saw the article and curious to know if audio recording is available for this.
Last edited by tkb on 30 Sep 2008, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

mridhangam

Post by mridhangam »

Really good feat. Congratulations Mr.Vinay.

Mannarkoil J Balaji

msakella

Post by msakella »

Like my Guru, late Uppalapati Ankaiah, who was very kindly and affectionately taught me the rudiments of ‘Talaprastara’, some highly talented people were previously able to render the Simhanandana-tala (128-units in Chaturashra-jati) and, now, Chi. SR Vinay Sharva also joins in that list and everybody must congratulate him for his success in this rare feat. I hereby join my hands with our brother-member, mridhangam, in congratulating SR Vinay Sharva for his success and wish him a better future in exhibiting such rare rhythmical feats.

Indrakundali of 384-units, Paataalakundali of 296-units and Vishnukundali of 148-units stand 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the list of longest Talas in the annals of our music literature (refer the recent post in the thread ‘TALAPRASTHARA’ under the sticky main thread ‘TALA/LAYA’for more important information). amsharma

SrinathK

Re:

Post by SrinathK »

msakella wrote: 01 Oct 2008, 07:48 Like my Guru, late Uppalapati Ankaiah, who was very kindly and affectionately taught me the rudiments of ‘Talaprastara’, some highly talented people were previously able to render the Simhanandana-tala (128-units in Chaturashra-jati) and, now, Chi. SR Vinay Sharva also joins in that list and everybody must congratulate him for his success in this rare feat. I hereby join my hands with our brother-member, mridhangam, in congratulating SR Vinay Sharva for his success and wish him a better future in exhibiting such rare rhythmical feats.

Indrakundali of 384-units, Paataalakundali of 296-units and Vishnukundali of 148-units stand 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the list of longest Talas in the annals of our music literature (refer the recent post in the thread ‘TALAPRASTHARA’ under the sticky main thread ‘TALA/LAYA’for more important information). amsharma
@msakella, Sir, is there any information about the the tAlAngas used in Indrakundali (384 beats), pAtAlakundali (296 beats) and vishnukundali tAlAs (148 beats)?

SrinathK

Re: Youth Sings to beat of longest tala-Simhanandana Taala

Post by SrinathK »

Speaking of Simhanandana tALa, it is interesting to see its total duration in all the 5 jAtis.

1) tisra jAti - 97 counts
2) chatushra jAti - 128 counts
3) khaNda jAti - 159 counts
4) mishra jAti - 221 counts
5) sankeerNa jAti - 283 counts

msakella

Re: Youth Sings to beat of longest tala-Simhanandana Taala

Post by msakella »

Now I have again verified and hereunder furnish the Talangas of the longest Talas ( as I cannot type the symbol of the Anga on this computer the respective Angas are furnished in terms of their Traditional-technical-letters of Ganas and Angas respectively - YMTRJBNS laga or ADLGPK and you can get the help of any musician to decipher them for you). amsharma

01. Indrakundali - (384 units) -
SLP-MLP-LGP-MPP-PLP-PTP-PTT-TLP-TPJ-SK
02. Paataalakundali - (296 units) -
LPG-LPR-PLPPGGPP-MP-YLP-TYG-LPDDLLLL
03. Prithveekundali - (268 units) -
TPM-LPSP-BKDDLL-TGLPP-NLGK