ARKAY Webrelay 9th May

Concerts and other events related to CM.
RAMAKRISHNAN

ARKAY Webrelay 9th May

Post by RAMAKRISHNAN »

During this COVID 19, we are planning to use other platforms to webcast the concerts .
We'd like to test Facebook for doing the webcast from today
So, I suggest you all to like our FB page Arkay Convention Center.
We ll send the link again at 6.15pm once the concert is live.
https://www.facebook.com/arkayconventioncenter

Arkay Convention Center.

Nick H

Re: ARKAY Webrelay 9th May

Post by Nick H »

Some of us have nothing to do with facebook, so it is a shame it has been chosen. I have a facebook-free machine: I will try to adjust so that I can see the concerts, but am hoping it will not be permanent.

RAMAKRISHNAN

Post by RAMAKRISHNAN »

HI,

I think you don't need to login to see the video. Hope this helps

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

RAMAKRISHNAN wrote: 09 May 2020, 17:59 HI,

I think you don't need to login to see the video. Hope this helps
Yes, thanks. I am watching happily. I don't think that the sound is as good as youtube, but that may be my bias :D

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

A day or two ago you requested, on the Whatsapp schedule group, feedback. I don't know where and how you wanted it... but am posting here :)

These days, thanks especially to you and Parivadini, there is no shortage of concerts from the past few years to watch online. But I do particularly enjoy the Arkay evening streamings of concerts from your archive. It is somehow closer to the experience of going out to a concert although we can never replace that and hope for it to start again soon.

As a practical issue, I regret the move to Facebook. Maybe personal opinion, but I find it less pleasant to use in most ways. Above all, though, even to my deficient hearing, I don't think the sound is as good. I would like to be able to compare the same concert on both platforms, to convince myself that I am not imagining this, but one or two of my audio friends have told me that Facebook is less kind to audio than Youtube. I would sum it up as being more like listening to a low-bit-rate MP3.

That is just... feedback! The most important thing is how happy I am that you are doing this. Right now... enjoying Suguna's concert :)

Thank you! :D

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Nick H wrote: 17 May 2020, 19:21As a practical issue, I regret the move to Facebook. Maybe personal opinion, but I find it less pleasant to use in most ways. Above all, though, even to my deficient hearing, I don't think the sound is as good. I would like to be able to compare the same concert on both platforms, to convince myself that I am not imagining this, but one or two of my audio friends have told me that Facebook is less kind to audio than Youtube. I would sum it up as being more like listening to a low-bit-rate MP3.
I have now been able to confirm this by comparing Nisha's concert. Really, the facebook is so compressed (low bit-rate) and poor by comparison to Youtube. Listened to the whole concert on Youtube and loved it.

The Arkay recordings are so good: it is really a shame to degrade them with facebook.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

The videos seem to be coming to Youtube as well, so we can all be happy! :)