Mr DR Santhanam passes away

Remembering musicians of the recent past

Sachi_R

Re: Mr DR Santhanam passes away

Post by Sachi_R »

I was able to say Hello to Sri. Santhanam when Dr. Vedavalli gave a special concert in SRLKM. I was happily surprised when Sri. Santhanam said he knows me from the Rasikas posts!

I did not know his eminence or service to MA.

May he reach the feet of Bhagavan.

हरिः ॐ तत् सत्

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Shri DR Santhanam had great reverence and shraddha to Carnatic Music . I did not know that he reads rasikas(Tx Sachi on that) . The occassion that i interacted with him was once in Kalakruthi, Egmore Sabha - DR Santhanam was invited as chief guest to give very few awards and he briefly spoke . That day I talked with him for atleast 30 plus mins. Dr Santhanam also has given talks though i did not hear any talk other than this Kalakruthi. I recollect with his daughter they have also done workshshops in Poona

Om Shanthi . Extended condolences to vidushi Vedavalli and their extended family.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Ohm shanthi.
Condolences to his family.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

He had followed this forum for many years.

When we first met, he introduced himself as "Mr Vedavalli." And, since that, I always thought of him as Mr Vedavalli, to the point where I sometimes had to think twice to remember his real name! He would not have minded. He had enormous pride in his wife. "And my daughter," he said, when I once commented on this.

He gave great support to all the students. He attended their concerts, but preferred to be inconspicuous at the back of the hall. He will be remembered by many, sitting in the middle of the granite at the back of Ragasudha Hall.

It is a sad loss.