Sri MKR is no more

Remembering musicians of the recent past
cienu

Sri MKR is no more

Post by cienu »

I regret to inform the members of Rasikas.Org that our beloved Sri MKR(M.K.Ramasubramaniam - Ramesh Mama) passed away last evening (6th Jan 2020) due to a massive cardiac arrest in Coimbatore.

rajeshnat

Re: Sri MKR is no more

Post by rajeshnat »

oh no very sad news .cannot take it at all. cienu where and what time is his cremation?

cienu

Post by cienu »

It is not yet decided when and where to have the cremation. The family is awaiting the arrival of MKR's son and daughter from the US

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

This is a really cruel start to the New Year. It is very hard to digest the fact that one so full of life is now no more!

My hear goes out to his family: to lose mAmi, and then mAmA so soon after. My heartfelt and sincere condolences to them, and to all his friends. I don’t mAmA met a person he did not become friends with within seconds.

May mAmA’s AtmA attain SAnti. He’s now reunited with his beloved! 😢

arasi

Post by arasi »

Sad, sad indeed!
I opened the mail, found Cienu's message and came rushing here. There he was, only the other day, all smiles at the celebration of his mother's centenary, beaming, reaching out to everyone, happily giving his number to Nick and all, wanting to meet them when he was back in Chennai!
After Nirmala's demise and his own ordeal, he emerged as bright as sunshine, greeting us all. As Vasanthakokilam in his recent long ruminant post had said, we the old inhabitants of Rasikas.org are making our exit, one by one...
Ramesh, take your cheer with you and I hope to be greeted by you when my turn comes...Peace...

Cienu, Ravi, Rajesh, unlike you, I hadn't visited them in NY, but how we connected! Also through my extended family which had known him for a longer time. The one time I sat over a cup of coffee with them before Sumitra Nitin's concert, having arrived early--then Sujatha V joined us...My other cousin from TVM knew him from his childhood...
Above all, his smiling face and his singing, his own and imitating the yesteryear musicians...Ramesh, you were a sunny soul...
Condolences to his children and grandchildren, his brother and family and all who were close to him...

We at Rasikas have lost a friend...

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

Yes indeed, Arasi is right, we at Rasika.org have lost a friend. MKR was a source of information and inspiration for all of us. I knew him in New York temple years before Sangaatham.com and Rasikas,org . Once I shared reading with him Sundara Kandam at the Ganesha temple in Flushing. What a friendly soul he was. I may still have a recording of his imitation of GNB at our rasika group meeting in Sri. Nageswaran's house in West Mambalam a few years ago. My most sincere condolences to his family

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

Yes indeed, Arasi is right, we at Rasika.org have lost a friend. MKR was a source of information and inspiration for all of us. I knew him in New York temple years before Sangaatham.com and Rasikas,org . Once I shared reading with him Sundara Kandam at the Ganesha temple in Flushing. What a friendly soul he was. I may still have a recording of his imitation of GNB at our rasika group meeting in Sri. Nageswaran's house in West Mambalam a few years ago. My most sincere condolences to his family

uday_shankar

Post by uday_shankar »

Devastated.

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Very shocking news. We have lost a great friend and person. Condolences to the family.

maheshram

Post by maheshram »

Hello All, thank you all for the outpouring of sentiments for my father. He was truly the guiding light of our lives and thousands of others (that number is not an exaggeration). I will write in greater detail about him and his life at a later time, but am busy now preparing to fly to India tomorrow to perform the rites as per his wishes. We are all heartbroken.

The cremation will be in Coimbatore and will try and keep you all updated on further plans after I reach.

As you all know, Appa had a splendid time at music season this year, highlighted by attending concerts of many musical lights dearest to him over decades - Cienu Anna and his family, Lalgudi GJR and Viji, Trichy Sankaran mama, etc. and the centenary celebration of my grandmother. To say my father lived and loved life to the fullest is the greatest understatement of all. I spoke to him nearly everyday but ever since the passing of my mother 13 months ago, and his own subsequent health issues, he has not been the same. To pass on Vaikunta Ekadasi was his blessing, even if it does not feel that way to those he leaves behind.

May God bless his soul.

ShrutiLaya

Post by ShrutiLaya »

For over ten years, no concert at Shruti Laya was complete without an analysis and appreciation from Ramesh. He was a very knowledgeable Rasika, having personally met and interacted with many of the luminaries of the Carnatic firmament. However, he carried his great knowledge lightly, always appreciative and encouraging of every artist that appeared on stage, from youngsters to Sangeeta Kalanidhis. Everyone looked forward to his summaries at the end of each concert, with his own inimitable style of analysis interspersed with anecdotes, to enlighten the audience and help them appreciate the krithis and the effort that went into the concert.

Ramesh was also very passionate about Carnatic music, and a great and enthusiastic supporter of Shruti Laya, offering support both at the concert and behind the scenes. A large part of the success of Shruti Laya is due to the help, blessings and good wishes of rasikas like him.

Ramesh, we will miss you. Our concerts will remain incomplete without your commentary. You are a blessed soul, to have reached sadgathi on Vaikuntha Ekadasi. May you enjoy eternal bliss in Vaikuntha, enjoying the celestial music of Narada and Tumburu.

Shruti Laya also extends sincere condolences to the bereaved family.

Sincerely
Sreenadh Jonnavithula
Director, Shruti Laya

meenaakshi

Post by meenaakshi »

Can't believe... shocking ... :(

MKR will be dearly missed - his wit and passionate conversations ranging from Tirunelveli to GNB...

A few pictures of MKR in his element at the Academy canteen a few days back imitating GNB over a cup of coffee...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ubrjWkFPSgEPzEL27

cienu

Post by cienu »

This is a picture of Ramesh Mama taken just a few days back (28th Dec 2019) on the occasion of the Chinani Mami Centenary. I am absolutely unable to believe that he is no more amidst us

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Shocking, devastating news. So sad.

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

Heartfelt condolences.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

@cienu, @maheshram
I am choked with emotion to read this extremely sad news and all the posts here.

To me, a few people here represented the soul, I mean pure soul, of Rasikas. I would name Sri. MKR at the top of that list. It is a bereavement for us rasikas.

A man who lives his life well, full of spirit and devotion and discipline and love, reaches God for sure. That is what the Bhagavadgita says. So Sri. MKR has found his way to that Sanctum.

Let us dedicate ourselves to be like him. That's all I can say.

parivadini

Post by parivadini »

I cannot believe this. We briefly met up at the academy a few weeks earlier. We had exchanged numbers and promised to catch up soon. Shell shocked that he is not around. My condolences to his family and friends.

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

This indeed is a shocking news. I was reading the thread on Bombay Jayshree's concert and his comment on the Big 5 and Simmendramadhyamam.
and the last response from Sivaramakrishnan was confusing only to realise that Sri MKR is no more amongst us.

Our hearltfelt condolences to everyone in his family !

pattamaa

Post by pattamaa »

So sorry to hear. To reach lotus feet on vaikunta ekadasi .. a noble soul indeed.

Prayers to almighty to give strength to near and dear. Ram ram

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Shocking. Deepest condolences to the bereaved family.
The rasikas community has lost a giant!

CRama

Post by CRama »

Shocking news. Was thinking of meeting him during his current stay in Chennai. He has joined with his beloved Nirmala Mami. Deepest condolences to his family members.

RSR

Post by RSR »

@maheshram
May his soul rest in peace.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Heartfelt condolences.
Rasikas have lost a great connoisseur of carnatic music.
He was so friendly and affectionate to all.
We can't forget his immense admiration for Ariyakudi's music and his close association with the MSS family.
Me and CRama got an excellent opportunity to spend time with him after a concert of Aishwarya and Saundarya (Cienu's daughters) in Chennai at the Kamarajar Arangam a few years back.
We remember his active participation in Rasikas' Meets.
Pranaams!

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

Oh god! Please don't say it's true. How can it be so sudden!

I met Ramesh mama for the first time at Chinnani Mami's centenary only the Saturday before, though he has known me since 2013 when I joined (and was so encouraging all these years). He was pleasantly surprised when he found out I was a third his age, but instantly struck up a nice friendship with me. Such a high spirited individual. One could not but be instantly charged up by his enthusiasm.

Then I last met him just 6 days back on New Year's Day for Lalgudi's concert. He even joked with me that "You review their violin playing, I will review their violin singing!" Such was the rapport he built up in just that one meeting it almost looked like we'd be partners in crime. Unfortunately I couldn't fulfil his wish in time.

6th Jan is the 110th birth anniversary of GNB and I still remember how Ramesh mama first wrote to me over a study of GNB's brighas. In a strange twist of life he has also left us behind on this day.

God has given him a blessed end in this incarnation on Vaikunta Ekadasi but has also been cruel to us and the rasikas community, robbing us of one of the greatest rasikas of all time. His experiences up close and personal with all the stalwarts from yesteryear till date, his anecdotes and narratives and analyses will be irreplaceable.

Condolences. He will be deeply missed. Here was MKR. When comes such another?

Sreeni Rajarao

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

Sincere condolences!
Hard to believe this news, but, yes, it happens.
I will cherish the time I spent with him in Cleveland during the Aradhana a few years back.

Pasupathy

Post by Pasupathy »

Heartfelt condolences. He will be missed.

nadhasudha

Post by nadhasudha »

Heartfelt condolences to the family of Shri MKR. He and his posts will be missed here at rasikas.org

malavi

Post by malavi »

Very sorry to hear the news. Anaya'sa maranam that too on Vaikunta Ekadasi day.hearty condolences to his family.

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

Oh no :(

I still remember his "CONSTANTILOPLE" pallavi in Kalyani at a Rasikas meet video.

Shanthi.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Shri MKR Avl . was a source of information and inspiration for all of us. Heartfelt condolences to the family. RIP

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Still have feelings of disbelief that this has happened. But every day, here is the thread to assure me of the sad reality.

Yes, I remember his "Constantinople" composition, as well as "What to do?" His wonderful, warm inteligent humour. It is a rare thing.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Also remembering his performance at the lunch Ravikiran had graciously arranged for a Rasikas.org meet some years ago. Parivadini had filmed it.
As we parted company, 'see you soon!' were our parting words. How many years has it been! Wish I had seen him at least once again...:(
Mahesh and Shobana, again, condolences. Such an endearing person your father was...

ashoksubra

Post by ashoksubra »

It was indeed a shocker for me. I got a call from both my brother in Chennai regarding this. MKR being a relative/family friend and also a good friend of My brothers father in law, had attended my nieces violin-house concert in mylapore. he briefly spoke also. On the Vaikunta Ekadasi day here in the US, my chithappa (BIL of MKR) from Washington DC called and told me how it had happened. Such a wonderful human being, a finessed RASIKA with an exquisite taste for nuanced music, he will be missed. :(

Ranganayaki

Post by Ranganayaki »

So sorry to learn of this loss to Rasikas.org. My condolences to the family and to all here who knew him and enjoyed his stories!

Ramnaths85

Post by Ramnaths85 »

I met Nirmala Mami and Ramesh Mama in 1981 as a 25 year old, who had just come to New York from India. Smt. Jayalakshmi Santhanam, mother of a good friend of mine, introduced us and ever since they have been exceptional role models for me. A year ago, I paid tribute to Mami in this forum, and today, with a heavy heart, I do so to Mama. Truly a one of a kind couple, they touched thousands of us in innumerable ways. Name a virtue, whether it be courage, temperance, kindness, generosity, prudence, honesty, patience, gratitude, magnanimity, wisdom, integrity, compassion, humility, or sincerity, it would be hard to find someone more virtuous. I will miss their graceful presence tremendously, but console myself in being blessed to have known them.

Last year at Mama’s bidding, I started compiling Mama’s posts and relevant threads here and gave it to him. Perhaps he has shared it with some of you. Nevertheless, I think it is appropriate to upload the documents here as it is nothing but a collation of his various posts in different threads. As you read it, hopefully it will bring a smile to your faces as you grieve, for he always had a smile on his face, no matter what.

If the moderator or someone with the appropriate permissions to upload documents can send me their email, I will gladly send them the documents to review and distribute/upload as appropriate.

S. Ramnath

isramesh

Post by isramesh »

Sad to hear this. Will surely miss his informative posts. May God give the strength to his family and near and dear in this testing time.

vanajan

Post by vanajan »

Shocked to hear this and heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. I spoke to Ramesh mama last 6/7 months ago when I came to know about Nirmala mami's passing away. As always, he was full of warmth. He encouraged Sahana very much. I am thankful for his words of appreciation for Sahana's music that he wrote on rasikas.org and elsewhere.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

He is singing all the bANis in this: https://youtu.be/Xf_gINa5QeY?t=263

Prior to that timeline - lots of golden advice to children. Brindamaa's stage voice comment. Not to mixup bANis.

Purist

Post by Purist »

Deep and heartfelt Condolences to
all members of Sri MKR's family. Big void for rasikas forum. His postings here was always a treat to read and we could know many many facets of music and musicians which he would joyously share. His passing away on Vaikunta Ekadasi confirms "he is Punya Atma"

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

Deep heartfelt condolences.

maduraimini

Post by maduraimini »

Very sorry to hear the sad news. Sympathies to the family.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

---------------------------------------------------------
Tribute to Shri Mk Ramasubramanian from Rajesh
---------------------------------------------------------
I am atleast collating my thoughts for few days on what I know of him and I am also taking adequate liberty to extrapolate his personality.

1. I think the very first time I met him after few email exchanges was some time in 2007 to 2009 timeframe . Shri MKR and his wife Nirmala were there along with MSG, when our ever gracious host Nageswaran Sir invited to his house in West Mambalam . That house was razed later for a new apartment. The occassion was actually a short violin concert by young Aishu but prior to that both MKR and his wife talked a lot about their association with MS Amma and in general the early 1960 to 1980 carnatic scene.

Atleast on that occassion my impression was WOW- what energy and what clarity in communication .I came out with an impression that MKR Sir is just equally good in both written and spoken communication.

2. Ofcourse even before this incident we always form an impression with each of the forumites . I personally have some more liking for any one who has heard CM much before my birth. SO MKR sir certainly fits into that scale and he was always in my watch list . I am extrapolating a bit more in my next post which i think sounds logical.

3. Any rasika or for that matter even musicians of that 1950 to 1960 era generally take up a strong liking for any of the musicians like MMI,SSI,GNB ,MSSubhalakshmi,ariyakudi etc and they generally would say they would also follow mAli or TNR . Some may just marginally say that TNR is a todi maharaja which may be pure hearsay too . But MKR is very different, I cannot find where that post of his that he made here . He himself has said his favourites are undoubtedly TNR and Mali . He has had early adulation for sure with GNB/SSI/MS Amma, but for him TNR and Mali have just touched his heart a lot more .

There was a post he made here in this jungle where he stated he had heard 4 live concerts of TNR and he told he just got mesemerized with TNR Music and the raga devata bhavam that TNR brought in. MKR was born i think in 1938 , TNR Passed away in 1956 .TNR stopped playing few years before his death ,let us even assume he played till his death. How can a less than 18 year old MKR, fall at the feet of the divine carnatic music in its purest form with TNR nagaswaram .A practicing musician like GNB, SSI , MMI have all done , they falling is because they know how their music falls in short in comparison with TNR manodharmam . I am assuming each would have thought O gosh what tODi i am singing let me hear TNR and get more from him .

But how did MKR get that spark in his head to settle for TNR and become his unabashed fan with just 4 live concerts even before the age of 18.

He was too independent and a very astute thinking rasika ,.He did not fall in some trap of let me just listen to what my parents heard and get into some sampradaya ring.

I would humbly think this less than 18 year old cm listening miracle had got very minimal influence with his parents. Gene is there yes but that is very minimal influence. His parents themself would have been astonished with their own son liking TNR even in that age . How can any one recollect the 4 live concerts of TNR unless MKR had deep impressions of each of the concert . To an extent post hearing TNR live concerts , all his rest of concert experience may have been slightly downhill in quality.

He has written few posts where he stated that he went to royapuram from RA Puram and walked back after hearing Flute Mali . I have personally talked with him on mali so many times , the way he recollects how mAli brought in that unique sangathi , he used to tell me in verbatim how mali plays few ragas , those difficult clusters around the melakartha 28 and 29 and its expansive janya jungle. He will narrate the entire sequence of how mali plays few ordinary sangathis and then that unique sangathi of that raga all with either jathis or swara patterns.

4. In our rasikas meet at chitravina ravikiran house , he was unstoppable kapil Dev . The demonstration was on chitravenu by Uday. Ravikiran and Dr narmada gave some mid point comments . When he took at the end he was kapil dev 175 not out after 17 for 5 . How many anecdotes , how many sangathis and sancharas . That day i and many were shocked he exactly sang like SSI and GNB with that pallavi constantinople . The gAthram voice of not adjusting to microphone was a special trumpcard of vidwans and vidushis of that 1950 1960 era. How MKR sings especially GNB and SSI typecast sangathis , i atleast felt O Gosh you need twice lung power.

5. He invited me to his house when i had a small work stint in Newyork in 2011.I forgot the month now .The winter was fading still cold for me then. I told him Sir i will take a cab from flushing metro to your home sir , it would be difficult to coordinate with you. But he told me dont worry i will pick you up at flushing station at that right time in that right intersection . I came out of the station and walked few blocks to some bank of america some junction , a car came in front of me . What can i say on that day atleast i was madurai mani he was pazhani subramania pillai . He took me to his perhaps most favourite place Flushing temple . He had very special liking to maha vallabha ganapathi temple . Going around that temple was like going around with Sir Richard Attenborough . A stream of information ranging from how they raised money, how they built the temple . How the north american temples moved from there to other cities and now it is far well spread . For sure the next generation indians must be proud of legacy of Curated India that MKR and many more of that generation gave. I am not correlating just the carnatic music sabhas like CMana . It is even more the temples, dance, discourses ,young indian kids getting taught with Indian culture .

6. I am not a shy person at all in my life but when he took me inside his home, he gives sparkling introduction in a very unique way . The way he introduced me to his wife and another lady who is a doctor (forgot her name) was one of a kind. MKR then was very proactively participating in bhagavad gita classes along with his wife . All of a sudden transformation from a temple guide to a more profound bhakthivedantha prabhupada all within 30 mins. MKR studied engg in india ,went to usa did his MBA in columbia university in late 1960s/1970s . He also worked for atleast 3 plus years in india prior to going to USA. I am assuming his tirunelveli buddhisAlitanam had a deeper polish with columbia university MBA .More importantly his work with publishing industry gave him such deeper insights on both spoken and written communication. He worked in the same publishing house (forgot the name) for 30 plus years. He used to jokingly say one office ,one house and one wife. Atleast then and even now i used to wonder how do indian americans survive discrimination/job losses . MKR staying in one company till retirement is a miracle . MKR has interacted with many novelists of repute , that day he gave me 2 anecdotes of how authors do transactions in 70s and how they do just prior to his retirement . That day he told many authors names like Aruthu hailey , i said that i have read one or two mary higgins clark novels . THen immediately anecdotes on how mary higgins clark was way too demanding with her daughter . I think he was in charge of advertising , contract and marketing in his publishing house , certainly this role is not easy for any indian to handle that too in 1970s to 1990s. Again i am assuming his tirunelveli buddhisAli thanam must have been the precursor for everything.

7. As i left from his home we stopped at some coffee shop . I told him then that around 140 plus concerts of madurai mani i took roughly 3 years plus to listen . I told vkv sir gave me 7 cds and i just finished it . IN the last 3 weeks or so in my free time i am only listening to S Kalyanaraman and a lot of TR Subramaniam . I told him towards the end Sir neenga TRS suddha dhanyasi ketrekangula with the flagship subramanyena. Out poppped immediately the swara poruttam of how trs sings with venkateswara line in that suddhadhanyasi and how different was GNB and MMI handling suddha dhanyasi. For every statement there was a contextual singing snippet .He had phenomenal connection with Lalgudi jayaraman and I am assuming LGJ created atleast few thillanas or varnams when he resided in MKR's home. He goes gA gA with GNB and SSI,those years i was not a big GNB fan but now I am .

8. I also attended in krishna gana sabha where his dad ks mahadevan centenary was celebrated . There were way too many musicians invited to the dias and i just went to him and said later, you should have atleast spoken sir . He said this is not a full family event per se , i want to be in sidelines. His entire family did not take up any speeches. I jokingly said to him bit later , if you had spoken first you would have given a jolt to atleast few great musician speakers and made them focus more on music in future. I later bought his appas book , that was a lovely book . I think MKR did a lot of work there with his extended family to create a lovely biographical book about his father KS Mahadevan and his aggregated writings.

He was perhaps "one of the most analytical rasika who can truly communicate without loss of words in both spoken and written medium in our rasikas.org team" . I certainly did not expect this year vaikunta ekadasi day .Atleast i was mentally, perhaps deeply thinking he will go on like his late father or mother.

81 years is a good age to move on , but not for MKR Sir who had lot more to share with his enthusiasm .
Om shanthi to MK Ramasubramanian Sir.

Sincerely,
Rajesh

arasi

Post by arasi »

Deleted.
Thoughts continued in the next post...
Last edited by arasi on 16 Jan 2020, 19:26, edited 2 times in total.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Rajesh,
Not all Tirunelveli-born are buddhisAligaL like MKR.
It was good to go through your fond recollections of this dear man who went through a lot of trials in his later life, with Nirmala's health and then his own. I recall your calling me after your Queens visit, and Tirunelveli piDik kozhukkaTTais were offered to you at lunch--I think of all the time he spent with you when Nirmala was seriously ilI !
Pretty Paddy Fence folks, as my publisher claims, are good kadai solligaL (story tellers), those from the copper-colored (tinged with?) riverbed, and MKR was tops in that department. Above all, his love for music made him sail through difficult times.That kept him happy always, I guess. When we get carried away with our opinions about music and musicians, thinking of 'easily pleased' alpa santhOShi-s like him is a sobering thought. After all, music is meant primarily for enjoyment, and then for analysis...

maheshram

Post by maheshram »

Hello All, we concluded the 13-days of ceremonies for our beloved father yesterday in Chennai at my Chittappa's place. I pray and believe that my father's soul will have a quick and peaceful journey to join my mother and the Divine, by dint of his actions, words and genuine adherence to the core essence of a principled life. As noted earlier, my father was granted his demise very quickly and we believe painlessly, on Vaikunta Ekadasi Day (as did his father and grandfather).

I did learn one thing this week that I did not know (surprisingly). My g-grandfather was KP Subramania Iyer yet my father was named as Ramasubramanian. It seems that my g-grandfather was a deep believer in Rama and had just finished a cycle of Sundarakandam when my father was born and insisted on the appendage. He never called my father anything other than Ram throughout his life (he passed away when my father was 18). My father honored his grandfather's wish to learn and read Sundarakandam throughout his life and used it as a touchstone for daily living.

At the Subhasweekaram, we had many speakers who knew my father for many decades sharing their experiences with him and his unstinting positivity, genuinely held faith, forbearance towards others, and his ability to bind people together. Of course music was also prominently mentioned by many. This gives us, his near family, some solace.

Rajesh: your post is an incredible sketch of my father. You've captured so many things about my father so beautifully so well despite limited meetings! Same is true of all of the other forumites.

I will comment back to your post with some thoughts in due course - to add more context, answer some of your questions, and perhaps offer some of my own insights both as a son but also as an impartial observer.

Appa also sent us nearly daily email missives while in Chennai for season, so I will excerpt some of these as well so you can still have a taste of his thoughts.

Hard for me and my sister to believe he is no more after we lost our mother only 13 months back. He was more than a father, he was a friend, guide and inspiration to thousands of people! As the saying goes, he was called directly by the higher power in a manner of death he would have chosen, it is only us who are suffering his loss.

Mahesh

RSR

Post by RSR »

@maheshram
Dear Sir,
I have religiously read through all his posts in Smt.MS and other threads and was lucky to get his detailed response about 'Ambi'. Ramachandran.
May I request you to give us a detailed bio-sketch of Sri.MKR ? Right from his birth-place at Tirunelveli district ( which part exactly? Kallidaikkurichi ?). When did he do his Intermediate course in Presidency College? Where did he do his Engg course? How is it that Smt.MS met your mother at Calcutta in 1940? What was your grandfather? How did he get associated with the Bombay Shanmugananda Music Sabha? What were the years that Sri.MKR spent in Chennai during the Kalki gardens era?
It would be eminently suited for the section on
'Eminent Rasikas and Critics' in this forum.

maheshram

Post by maheshram »

Dear Sri RSR, I will do my best.

rasaali

Post by rasaali »

Dear Sri Maheshram,

Sincere condolences to you and all family members.

A truly shocking news since I had just met him a couple of weeks before his passing and renewed my acquaintance with him at a lec dem in Music academy.

I had met both of your parents in 2010 and been in touch via email for a few years since they had told me stories about my guru whom they knew in Kovai.

Sincere pranams.

RSR

Post by RSR »

maheshram wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 14:51 Dear Sri RSR, I will do my best.
Thank you very much. It is sure to be a treat. Looking forward to the series.
Best Regards,