Supraja Venkataraman - A promising young artiste snatched away too soon

Remembering musicians of the recent past
SrinathK

Supraja Venkataraman - A promising young artiste snatched away too soon

Post by SrinathK »

My news feed has been full of messages of the shocking and untimely demise of Supraja Venkataraman (a name I've only heard, but some of my friends were close to her) -- https://www.facebook.com/ramjhi.issaima ... 8529359874

23 is no age to go for anyone -- RIP. Condolences to her family and friends and pray that they stay strong at this time.

CRama

Re: A promising young artiste snatched away too soon

Post by CRama »

OM shanthi.
Pray God to give srength to her family members and friends at this crucial hour of grief.

rajeshnat

Supraja Venkataraman -Promising young artiste snatched away too soon

Post by rajeshnat »

Very sad to hear the demise of Supraja-young violinist and also a vocalist . Supraja guru is Vidushi Raji Gopalakrishnan and she is also the younger sister of Deekshita. Her dad venkataraman used to some what actively post in early years of our forum and I recollect few concerts where I have seen their family of two sisters performing with their parents and TRS mama supporting them. Incidentally when Manakkal Rangarajan mama gave his house to host an early rasikas concert at his residence there is also a photo of young supraja seated in the audience(at that time we all didnot know the two sisters as musically active sisters) .

Condolences to extended family of Venkataraman, supraja mom, deekshita , raji gopalakrishnan and all near and dear ones. I pray to God to give them strength .

Mods
Add the name Supraja Venkataraman as part of the heading please .

rshankar

Re: A promising young artiste snatched away too soon

Post by rshankar »

Condolences to the family - may they have the strength to deal with this! May her soul attain SAnti.

thanjavooran

Re: Supraja Venkataraman - A promising young artiste snatched away too soon

Post by thanjavooran »

Very sorry to hear the sad news of an young Artiste's departure. Deepest condolences to the family members. .RIP

arasi

Re: Supraja Venkataraman - A promising young artiste snatched away too soon

Post by arasi »

Sad news--a young life engaged in music was snatched away. Heartfelt condolences to the family.
Rajesh,
Yes, Venkatraman posted often then. I recall meeting him after some concert and he proudly introduced his two young daughters to us--some of the rasikas who were there....