Krishnadas Nandagopal (KNandago2001 is his id) passed away in Dec 2018

Remembering musicians of the recent past
rajeshnat

Krishnadas Nandagopal (KNandago2001 is his id) passed away in Dec 2018

Post by rajeshnat »

Dr Krishnadas Nandagopal (Knandago2001 is his id) passed away few days back at Kolkata .
He has contributed 645 posts and he has personally learnt carnatic music from vidushi Muktha (of Brinda Mukhta fame). Personally he is very close to Coolkarni . I remember 7 or 8 years back we attended and talked and sabha hopped to two sabhas in mylapore to hear two back to back concert. He also participated in one lecdem when we conducted our series in 2006 forgot what that was right now .

Knandago2001 knowledge about CM and also HM is way too good. He particularly loves the veena dhanammal and he can gently tell facts about their music but more importantly he never had the head to say that only his school of music was great . He has covered few concerts of Kolkata and his information particularly on veena dhanammal music was quite a treasure.

Here is the link of all his posts
search.php?author_id=1139&sr=posts

He is a reputed scientist and he has spent most of his time in Kolkata working in BioMedical and Genetics related field after successful Phd from USA. Absolutely No air anywhere anytime on anything . I am assuming folks like RaviSri know him personally. Anyone who knows more about him please do share your past interaction with krishnadas . I got this news from coolkarni and I am told he had a haemorrhage. Condolences to his family members.

His Biodata is below (what i got by googling)
http://www.caluniv.ac.in/academic/depar ... agopal.pdf

rshankar

Re: Krishnadas Nandagopal (KNandago2001 is his id) passed away in Dec 2018

Post by rshankar »

This is awful news indeed! It always seems terrible to hear of anyone’s passing, but for that person to have been young, and someone you know personally is devastating! He was one of the most knowledgeable and level headed people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting.
May he attain mukti! Sincere, heartfelt condolences to his family and friends!

2018 has been an awful year! First, Sri Rajagopalan, then Nirmala mami, and now Nandagopal! 😢

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Sincere, heartfelt condolences to his family and friends!

Sreeni Rajarao

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

I am so sorry to hear this news!
Just recently, I reminisced about my interactions with him in the year 2009 and I was thinking of re-connecting with him again.
Sincere condolences to his family!

cienu

Post by cienu »

Shocked to hear that Nandagopal is no more. He was indeed a wonderful person. May his soul rest in peace

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

Very sad to know this.
He was a very nice gentleman. A man of few needs, except for science and music. If I am not wrong, he was not married and lived by himself. His sister lives in Madras and I see her at concerts. Even the last time I saw her, I was enquiring about him. This was a few months back. Sad to see this news.
Om shanti.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Bharath,
Sad news, indeed. Ravi's post describes him so well. A gentle soul and a scholar he was. His posts
informed, and yet his sharing was as if it were with equals. He had no airs at all about his learning. May his soul rest in peace. Condolences to family and friends...