Rani Anantharaghavan - Tambura Artist passes away

Remembering musicians of the recent past
kvchellappa

Rani Anantharaghavan - Tambura Artist passes away

Post by kvchellappa »

https://sriramv.wordpress.com/2017/10/2 ... a-artiste/

Gayathri Girish is feeling heartbroken with Rani Anantharaghavan.

Still in shock to hear the unexpected news of the demise of my dear friend Saraswathi (Rani Anantharaghavan) this morning at her residence in Chennai. Last rites will be performed this afternoon.
Was hoping to have her back on stage with me from December onwards, but God seems to have had different plans šŸ˜ž

rajeshnat

Re: A tambura artist passes away

Post by rajeshnat »

I have seen her in so many concerts ,did not register her name. She is considerably young . Condolences to Rani Anatharaghavan (saraswathi).
Last edited by rajeshnat on 24 Oct 2017, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.

Nick H

Re: A tambura artist passes away

Post by Nick H »

String indispensable

The article is six years old, but she looked no older nor any less beautiful the last time I saw and spoke to her. We regularly exchanged a few words after concerts, and I am so sad to hear of her death.

In fact, I cannot believe it. The average age of rasikas and respected elderly musicians in carnatic music makes the regular announcements of demise somewhat inevitable. However elderly, each is a tragedy to someone. But how can we loose someone this young? How can it be?

A loss to music. But I feel it as a personal loss too. So sad.

Condonlencies to her family, her friends, and to everyone who enjoyed her presence, her special smile, on the stage.

thanjavooran

Re: Rani Anantharaghavan - Tambura Artist passes away

Post by thanjavooran »

Very sorry to hear. Deepest condolences to her family members. I have seen her enjoying music while concentrating her duties. A great loss to muscians.
Thanjavooran
24 10 2017

cienu

Post by cienu »

Extremely sad to hear this news. My heartfelt condolences to her family and her admirers.

arasi

Post by arasi »

How many times I have seen her smiling face on stage!
Nick, I have exchanged pleasantries with her a few times too. She was too young to be taken.
Condolences to her family and friends. A pleasant presence on stage, she always was...

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Today in The Hindu(Oct 24th,2017) , there is an obituary with her photo .Saraswathy as stated was just 53 when she was snatched by fate . Condolences

CRama

Post by CRama »

Saraswathi was staying in Nachiappan Strret, Mahalingapuram, where I am staying, a few houses far from my house. My wife knows her from early days, and whenever she used to meet us, we have exchanged pleasantries. She had shifted to some nearby street, a couple of months back since their house is demolished for construction of flats. Her husband had taken VRS from ICICI or some other bank due to health reasons. Her two sons are married and settled in US. She was suffering from cancer for the last one year and last one month she was in Appollo Hospital. But till recently, whenever we saw on the stage, she appeared cheerful- never showing any signs of the deadly disease. Deepest condolences to her family.

K Nagarajan

Post by K Nagarajan »

Very shocking. I know of her only from these columns. Their contributions go largely unrecognised. They must have taken to this profession out of sheer passion for music. May her soul rest in peace.