V Rajalakshmi passed away at the age of 94

Remembering musicians of the recent past
rajeshnat

V Rajalakshmi passed away at the age of 94

Post by rajeshnat »

I just saw in The Hindu today that V Rajalakshmi aged 94 passed away on 16th April 2016. Smt V Rajalakshmi is the mother of Cleveland V V Sundaram . It is mentioned that Smt Rajalakshmi is wife of Late V S Venkatasubramony (Retd deputy collector). Condolences to Shri V V sundaram and his brothers and sisters (8 children names are mentioned), their extended family.
Sincere condolences.

Nick H

Re: V Rajalakshmi passed away at the age of 94

Post by Nick H »

Sympathy and condolence to Sundaram and family.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Condolences to Sundararam and all his family members.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Condolences to the family! May her soul RIP!

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Condolences to the family. When I met VVS in Cleveland recently when I enquired about his mother(who is related to our family) and about his wife Gomathy.He said Gomthy could not come because she had to take care of his mother. I asked him what his return plans are.he said he has to get back ASAP and was planning to leave USA on April 8th or so which I presume he did.. It seems God made it possible for him to be around his mother(he is the eldest). What a damper it would have been to him if it had occurred during the festival.
I visited her on my last visit-she was a very genuinely affectionate elderly lady--typical of their generation. Her elder sister-in her late nineties is also under the care of VVS and Gomathy. VVS's uncle who lived till his early nineties who passed away just a few years back was also being looked after by VVS/Gomathy. Whenever we visited them my wife used to joke to Gomathy that she has the best experience of managing an elder home.

The couple and the whole family are a shining example of inter-generational comity and duty and service to the community.

May her soul rest in peace!!

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

Condolences to VVS & family.
MKR is right in saying that it was providential that VVS managed to be with his mother at her last moments.

arasi

Post by arasi »

May her soul rest in peace. She has been ailing for quite sometime, from what I know.Even last year, I was hoping that her end would not come during the Cleveland Aradhana.

She made sure she did not disrupt the festival, or the gods did!

Matriarch of a music-loving family, a hospitality-extending family. Someone who would live on in her descendants' deeds in that...

maduraimini

Post by maduraimini »

Sympathies to V.V.Sundaram and family on the death of the Matriarch of the family.