Music teacher from Madurai - Mrs Gyanambal

To teach and learn Indian classical music
gajaa

Music teacher from Madurai - Mrs Gyanambal

Post by gajaa »

Hello everyone,

I’m on a tough mission to revive my contact with my first guru back in Madurai. Her name is Mrs. Gyanambal and I learnt from her from 1993 to 2001. She used to live in the Viswanathapuram area (towards Thabal Thandhi Nagar) - and in the Kaveri nadhi theru if I’m not wrong. She was around 50-55 when I moved out from Madurai. So she must be in her 70s now. She’s a prolific teacher and her guru was Sri Sankara Sivan. Her daughter’s name is Meena Kumari and she used to work in the Income Tax Department and was posted in Bombay at that time. She also had a son who was in his 20s in 2000.

Through the years, I have moved on to different places and live in singapore now. I do not have any contact in terms of phone number /email id. It will be great if any of the forumites can throw light on the whereabouts /contact number of Mrs. Gyanam. I know it’s a bit like shooting in the dark but I don’t have too many options. This may not be the right forum but I’m posting it anyway.

Mods - kindly move it to the right forum if needed.

gajaa

Re: Music teacher from Madurai - Mrs Gyanambal

Post by gajaa »

Just as a quick update, Thanks to the power of social media, I was able to track by guru Mrs Gyanambal in a few days and I managed to speak to her in the weekend.