Teaching/Learning Karnataka Violin

To teach and learn Indian classical music
msakella

Re: Teaching/Learning Karnataka Violin

Post by msakella »

If not, even shoot me for being alive all thes days.
msakella
Committing suicide itself is sin. Very sad state of affairs. Being a music-cheater is not a sin!!!!
Excellent civilization!!!

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

The Forum has been very patient and considerate for so long, and of late has been warning the member not to use harsh words. But shockingly the member has opted to preach violence once again.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Ok dear. Please maintain your norms well. They are mor valuable than our own kids. Better to shoot me than a teacher who has been making our kids impotents for life long. It is very easier to shoot me.
However, you can't may any teacher stop this teaching og Mohana & Himsadhvani varnas? So do shoot me!

None of you can give me logical answers to all my questions.but can remove me very easily. Is is easier to do so. Do it dear!

What better can you do to our kids than this ??????

msakella

Post by msakella »

Present generation is not that cruel, egoistic, selfish and foolish like our old generations.

These people, if guided properly, will certainly do the needful.

msakella

Post by msakella »

This forum, as a group of knowledgeable people, can do miracles in the history of music. But, the people around us may not allow us to do so.

But, myself, as a one man army, can certainly do better than all of you, which i have started doing it from the date of my introspection, 2001 all over the globe by the grace of the Almighty in my own level. Nobody can stop me and my army.

While you have your own limitations i do not have any limitations by God's grace. If i mingle with you i shall also certainly fail. Vanakkam. msakella
Last edited by msakella on 13 Apr 2021, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.

Ananthakrishna

Post by Ananthakrishna »

Akella garu,

Please meeru mukku meeda kopam pettukokandi. The forumites here are indeed very respectful of your views, opinions, experiments and methods in this field of music education, if I may call it that.

But the very value of your comments is sometimes brought down by the harsh words you use. You may feel that those words are appropriate and even mild perhaps, but for the rest of us they seem very harsh. These harsh words detract from the cogency of your arguments. If you could please share your vast knowledge and experience with us without the caustic comments on the teachers whom you criticize, your purpose will be better served.

Many times we may feel like engaging in a discussion, but we don't because the very harsh words you have used scare us off.

Also, criticize the system all you want, but please don't criticize the teachers. Please note that the teachers are as much products of this teaching method as we students are. They teach us as their gurus taught them. And when you address them in such harsh, rude terms, both the teachers and the students of this forum can't see the value of your arguments as they feel personally insulted for what is no fault of theirs. The system is flawed, not necessarily its members.

Ananthakrishna

Post by Ananthakrishna »

In fact, let's move away from this discussion.

You have told us that the Mohana and Hamsadhwani varnam should not be taught to the students early on.

1. Of which varnams do you speak? I know of 4 Adi Tala varnams in Mohanam and 3 in Hamsadhwani. Undoubtedly there exist more also.

2. Why should they not be taught? Please explain.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Chi. Ananthakrishnan dear,
Now i am 83+.. i was brought up from my umpteen faults only. I am a teacher in the 70th floor seeing below all the floors of other teachers. My view is entirely different with you all. I can logically answer all your questions but you can't do so.

I am always ready to answer all your questions at any time and place. But at this old age i feel more convenient to answer all your questions orally, if you allow me, only conserve my energy at this age.
If you all allow mevto speak i can certainly convince you as i am far older and critically experienced than all of you. Yours lovingly, msakella

Ananthakrishna

Post by Ananthakrishna »

Please do speak!!!

If I may make the suggestion, the same way you made many videos and uploaded on YT, now also you can make a video speaking about why the Mohana and Hamsadhwani varnam are not suitable to be taught early on, upload the same on YT and post a link here. The discussion will be benefited and we can appreciate the value of your wise words!

msakella

Post by msakella »

Very sorry dear, At this old age still working round the clock for the sake of our poor aspirants i am fully exhausted and not in a position to continue audioing and vedioing for one purpose or the other.
You can very well speak to my mobile number 9908822992 and allow me to speak and explain you in detail as a Mridangist, harmonist, vocalist, violinist
etc., etc. Certainly i can convince anybody logically.
Please do so. msakella

I very well know that nobody is ready to enter into any dialogue with me. msakella

Hello dear, while there are umpteen problems why you are dam worried of mohana & Himsadhvani.??

I never work for anybody's appreciation. That is AKELLA.

Today i gotup at 3.30 am, attended London class, had Darshan of Prathyaksham Bala and didn't rest even for a minute till now..

While there are umpteen other problems why you are dam worried of mohana & Himsadhvani only???

నాకొకటి అర్ధంకాలేదు, కోపం ముక్కుమీదా, ముడ్డిమీదకూడా రావచ్చుగా
నాయనా!!!
Last edited by msakella on 13 Apr 2021, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.

msakella

Post by msakella »

If you arrange a zoom or meet meeting along with all the teachers and students i shall very çertainly answer all the questions with humerous nice words.

I am always ready to logically answer any of your questions with patience, but after getting all these answers are you ready to promise that you all çertainly do the needful to properly help our kid-aspirants???

If you are interested read the following and come to me:

Akellavari Vyasalu:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uk6sXI ... sp=sharing

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

Ananthakrishna wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 10:33 In fact, let's move away from this discussion.

You have told us that the Mohana and Hamsadhwani varnam should not be taught to the students early on.

1. Of which varnams do you speak? I know of 4 Adi Tala varnams in Mohanam and 3 in Hamsadhwani. Undoubtedly there exist more also.

2. Why should they not be taught? Please explain.
The main merit of this teaching method is that if the student can sufficiently sharpen their senses for rhythm and gamakas, then beyond that any further learning can simply happen by listening and watching and practicing, provided the students are willing to Do the work. The teacher can simply guide the student in a particular direction and the student can find their way from there.

I'll be honest, I only learnt properly in a classroom environment for 4 years before I had to discontinue due to academic pressures. At that time I probably knew 20 varnams and 50 kritis. However I didn't even know how to practice properly so I kind of got stuck there and never improved.

But over time I found my way mainly because of all the advice and exposure on rasikas.org only. Everything, literally every single thing I know about music after that has been outside any classroom. Now I think mohana varnam is literal child's play if you've cracked viriboni (bhairavi).

If I knew then most of what I do now, I would have never wasted my time in Engineering and would have sought an environment where I could practice for 4-6 hours a day in a structured manner in peace. At least in music I actually remember all that I learnt and it's actually relevant down the road. I will never regret the IIT experience though, that doesn't come twice.

AMS methods in rhythm gave me confidence to face my biggest weakness (which was rhythm) and find my own creative solutions. I ended up finding my own way of putting the tala on my feet, using visualizations to induce small muscle tensions that slightly change the character of each tap to let me know exactly where I was. I have shared it up here too. It is so good I can do dwi nadai pallavis on it and very often have forgotten to put the tala on my hands. Any tala can now be put on the foot.

I am not aware of any other system like this that actually teaches rhythm, gamakas and notations. Mostly the student is just expected to get it somehow. Shaky basics can cause severe problems later in life.

I also feel that @msakella should talk more about neraval for students, although if you've mastered his lessons, neraval is indeed a lot easier.
Last edited by SrinathK on 13 Apr 2021, 15:24, edited 2 times in total.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Chi. Shrinath K,
I am ready to answer any questions to anybody purely on logical basis. But, keeping my old age in view, i must be allowed not to write lengthy passages but to speak conveniently. If not i cannot manage.

Moreover, only to spread the right knowledge of music to our youngsters (not to elders like me as they can do nothing) i am always ready to give you whatever you want. But, you must promise me thst inturn you always help to possibly do anything for our kid-aspirants.

Whatever i speak is a tested result after umpteen experiments take it for granted.. Much has to be written in reply but i didy write due to my old age.
msakella

msakella

Post by msakella »

SrinathK
Even though i have responded to your post very briefly you didn't respond again. Why?
In general, you are very eager to know the information but not to respond properly.
You are very eager to know why Mohana & Himsadhvani varnas should not be started to the student. In fact, if you don't know the answer, that means you are not much thorough with your violin finger-techniques.
You are kids and my service, practice and all experiences differ with you. I cannot write all those things here like you.
If you are so eager to know all those details and, at the same time, if you also want to spread this information to one and all by YouTube-like things speak to my mobile number 9908822992 first and later arrange a zoom meeting along with all your friends and interested persons. Then only i shall speak all the details. Video the entire proceedings, give me a copy of them and upload them to YouTube. Until such time i cannot write anything more.

Ananthakrishna also wrote about my harsh words.
Each and every Tom & Dick is bothered about my harsh words only but not minding what the honourable music-, teachers have been doing since many centuries. First, r u a teacher and what are the duties and responsibilities of a teacher and how many of you know the logic of it? Unnecessarily or baselessly i never use harsh words.
I never need to do so. All my views vastly differ with you as you all are below the 10th floor and i am in the 70th floor of this teaching-building.

While i have responded on 13th at 0021-0113-0143-0321-0514-0529-0621-0951 & 1738, you did only few times that too with lengthy posts and without indication of any action. Can't you respond promptly & quickly??? While at work i even skip off my meal and sleep too even at this age.
WHAT DO YOU DO & WHAT IS YOUR AIM, DEAR???
msakella

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

Akella sir, I am not doubting the efficacy of your methods. I am not making any claims to be any kind of teacher or anything (no no no). You are very gracious to say we are on the 10th floor, but I am maybe at the most on the 2nd or 3rd floor and I don't have any teaching experience.

In fact even as a student only after many years I have returned to resuming playing the violin. I actually wanted to quit it due to various personal issues that did not allow me to even practice for a few minutes a day also, but only now I am able to somewhat start it again.

I admire your dedication that even at your age your are working harder than ever for the sake of the students.

My only point was actually to reply to Ananthakrishna's question was that after learning the much more gamaka heavy varnams, mohana or hamsadhwani varnam is very easy to play and one can hear it once or twice and play by oneself. I do not know if he is a violinist.

Of course many many details can only be understood in the classroom and after lot of practice.

Also thank you very much for helping me gain a stronger footing in the rhythmic aspects. At one point I was very much struggling and it was hurting my confidence.
Last edited by SrinathK on 14 Apr 2021, 10:38, edited 1 time in total.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Ananthakrishna & Srinath K dears,
You did not give me even a single ring to me yet.
Excellent!
If anybody talks negatively to your thoughts do you run away from him? What a fool you are! In fact, this kind of obstruction only gives you genuine push in your deeds. You must think that, dear.
You kids must face negativities only to strengthen your abilities all. If you run away you will loose many things. All my successes came from my umpteen failures only, but not from any Guru.
Think over and do the needful.
With all blessings, msakella

msakella

Post by msakella »

SrinathK dear,
Unless you are exposed to more difficulties you cannot relish the easier ones. This applies to each and every aspect of life and the person who implements this logically never gets any failure.
The same thing applies even to our violin-play also, dear. Think over, msakella.
Without singing or playing for more than 2 or 3% who can properly initiate the aspirant sing or play for more than 95% is the true teacher. msakella

Ananthakrishna

Post by Ananthakrishna »

I had academic commitments, now being in class 12 and studying for the many important examinations now facing me. And so I could not find the time to call you and discuss this matter in detail, for I'm sure the discussion will take hours. If I'm being called a fool for that, for making sure that I call you only when I have the time to make sure I can do full justice to what you say and advise, I really don't know what to say....

msakella

Post by msakella »

Ananthakrishna dear,
Do as you like to get benefitted yourself and to make your socity also benefitted. msakella

msakella

Post by msakella »

SrinathK dear,
If possible speak to my mobile number 9908822992
and as a professional violin performer and critical teacher too, after seeing your violin-play i may be able to share few things with you face to face.
msakella

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

I will definitely speak to you in person soon sir.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Ok dear. msakella

msakella

Post by msakella »

Some helpful tips for violin aspirants-01:

In our India nobody likes to abide by any rules or regulations and our Karnataka music is not an exception. I am not at all bothered about the
parasitical performing side but, in the absence of a 'time-bound and result-oriented' system the learning process has made the poor aspirant a perennial dependent upon the teacher wantonly elongating the process for many years to come by all these Tamilian egoists and selfish rogues (they all don't like to be called as rogues but honourable gentlemen like our recent friend Corona) of previous generations. But, most of the present generation have realised and welcoming all the logical and constructive 'time-bound and result-oriented' methods of learning.

Even in our Karnataka music while learning vocal music becomes a little bit easier learning the instrumental music makes three to four times difficult making it a hell to the poor aspirants ultimately making them all 4th or 5th grade Violinists only. However, as Violin has become an indispensible accompaniment even many lower-grade violinits are able to survive in spite of all their inabilities in the art (this itself is a lengthy topic to discuss and to find solutions).

In our Karnataka music, as no foolproof system very strictly making it 'time-bound and result-oriented' has never been evolved all the different egoistic and selfish teachers using their individual indisciplined finger techniques made a hell even among the students of the same teacher pitiably. However, none of them is ever bothered to evolve a 'time-bound and result-oriented' system even in fingure-techniques.
Only by God's grace and with some years of very long experimentation i have found some excellent
training methods by which i could properly initiate my 7 yr. old Chi. Rishabh Ranganathan (Chicago)ably play a 45 mts. concert in the beginning of his 9th year in Chennai (the url is furnished hereunder for the benefit of the poor aspirants). When i have gone to Chennai only once i have played Violin in one of the classes in these two years but initiated him play for more than 99%.

Rishabh Ranganathan-
Shri Parthasarathy Swamy Sabha, Chennai-Evarura- Mohana-27-12-2013:
http://youtu.be/HW1km-mHYjM

I am also furnishing another recent url of another
disciple from Vishakhapatnam who played very difficult exercises ver ably and excellently:

Arohana & Avarohana by VizagVi TP Gopalakrishna-
3 videos - @ 100 bpm:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Onh9tG ... p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Osx7fN ... p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OxOO7t ... p=drivesdk

Even in respect of this kid, Chi. TP Gopalakrishna two years back only for 10 days at my house, Secunderabad i have shown him some fingure-techniques and later till now i did never play violin in Google Duo but always initiated him play orally. Now he is playing Ragas, Kritis and Svarakalpanas
excellently on his own.

WHILE TRUE-TEACHER INITIATES THE ASPIRANT FOR MORE THAN 99% TRUE-CHEATERS ALL SING OR PLAY THEMSELVES FOR MORE THAN 99% WHICH MANY ARE NOT AWARE OF.

As all these techniques are purely technical and always differ in initiating different aspirants i, at this old age, only prefer to explain face to face than writing lengthy passages here. Interested aspirants can speak to my mobile number 9908822992 for any guidance. Any interested person can approach me even through Google Duo to show his violin-play and get my guidance. This facility can properly be utilised by many aspirants. Can't we use the zoom facility for such purposes???

In fact i wanted to share many rare techniques openly but now realised that there are many great teachers and they don't need any easy methods to pass on to the poor aspirants. I need not preach any easy methods but truthful harsh words only. msakella

msakella

Post by msakella »

20210417:
Some helpful tips for violin aspirants-02:

(Even though my old age don't allow me, sometimes
I am compelled to write some lengthy posts like the following to help the poor aspirants)

Having followed many of them sincerely in many aspects, i was also one among these music-cheaters & liars for much of my life (though not knowingly deceived any aspirrant). Being very highly efficient even to manage with the only invisible fine-art of this universe, music all these musicians (both performers & teachers) are very intelligent and others cannot imagine in which way they deceive others, particularly in the absence of a 'time-bound and result-oriented' system of learning music. That's why, being one of them, as i only can locate their deceipt, i prefer to expose their deceipts openly by calling them harsh words not only to expose and change even a few honest people of them but also to save millions of deceived poor aspirants.

Moreover, by wrongfully supporting the real music-cheaters, liars, rogues and traitors all the honourable members of the rasikas.org.forum also have become cheaters, liars, rogues and traitors in very foolishly acting against the interests of the deceived poor aspirants all over the globe.

A very strictly 'time-bound and result-oriented' system alongwith a logical syllabus can not only minimise their deceipts but also help the poor aspirants and their parents too in so many ways.
That's why i have framed a logical syllabus for both vocal and instrumental aspirrants to be used in this
'time-bound and result-oriented' system of learning music which helps the aspirants independently sing or play both mathematical and creative Svarakalpanas in all the six popular Talas hardly within the duration of only one year that too even before learning the first Kriti. For this purpose to help all the people concerned i have brought out the book, Akella's Easy methods (Telugu/English) along with a pre-recorded DVD (available from akella mallikarjuna sharma - Amazon kindle version).

Interested and enthusiastic aspirants can contact my mobile number 9908822992 for any guidance.
msakella

msakella

Post by msakella »

20210417:
Some helpful tips for violin aspirants-03:

While making the learning process of our classical music very strictly 'time-bound and result-oriented'
the syllabus must also be very strictly logical selecting only the essentials alongwith some unavoidable preferentials.

Thus this logical syllabus consists of 8-Saralaswaras, 4-Jantaswaras (logically it is desirable to start with different kinds of Jantaswaras only), 3-Daatuswaras, 7-Alankaras in a logical order and manner, 5-select Gitas, 1-Swarapallavi, 8-select Aditala Varnas, 1-Atatala Varna, 1-Swarajati in Bhairaviraga - that's all.
There are a logical number of additional dishes around the meal (refer my book and YouTube videos).The aspirants learning in this logical method can become not only a performer but also a reliable teacher too. This syllabus is very strictly followed by the Akella's army around the globe.

While this syllabus is same both for vocal and violin
different kinds of exercises are also prescribed for both vocal & violin mainly keeping the need in view.

As it is not that easy to all the teachers to ably follow this logical syllabus Akella's army only follows. msakella

msakella

Post by msakella »

20210417:
Some helpful tips for violin aspirants-04:

In fact in respect of the present new educational policy in regard to our classical music i can submit this logical method to our Dynamic PM Narendra Modi alongwith all the proofs of pdf, audo & video files. If i do so naturally they may form a advisory committee inviting Chennai Music Academy experts
(whenever Karnataka music comes into picture they will only be invited first), Sangitakalanidhis, Sangitakalacharyas, Padmashrees, University HODs, Professors, Ph.Ds etc., etc. among whom there will not be even a single person true-music-teacher who sings or plays less than 5% but initiates the aspirants more than 95% in doing and learning things of music very independently with the main aim of singing the mathematical and creative Kalpanaswaras in all the six popular Talas even before learning the first Kriti hardly within the duration of the first year. In general, all these gentlemen are of traditional outlook only but not logical outlook at all and, so, they all unanimously condemn this logical system even without looking into it and i shall certainly fail im my task. Having extensively visited many music institutions and many music departments of several Universities I have full idea of all these gentlemen.Now, if i write that none of them are not teachers at all the Moderators of rasikas.org., as they also are like them, start bombarding me to possibly modify my language. This is the ultimate result if i depend upon all these honourable gentlemen. That's why without depending upon such great gentlemen i have already been able to do miracles, though on a small scale, through our Akella's army.

The main problem is not with the innocent aspirants
at all but with the adamant music-teachers most of whom have neither efficiency nor honesty. Many of them have traditional views only but not logical views at all.

For example, any music-teacher starts the first-day of lesson to any aspirant alongwith a two-notes shruti-box (sa-pa) but sings all the 16 notes
(srgmpdns-sndpmgrs) himself and asks the aspirant also follow him in singing. Thus, the teacher makes the aspirant sing 1 dozen or 2 dozen times
alongwith him and goes away telling the aspirant repeat the same for 1 or 2 more hours. But, no traditional music-teacher thinks that it is always better to make the aspirant rely upon machines like the keyboard and metronome for note and beat
while singing in the absence of the teacher.

For another glaring example, each and every music-teacher starts the Alankaras with the
Dhruva-tala, in which not even 3 or 4 compositions
are available in our music. All our music-teachers are so great that none of them ever thinks to start with the smallest Eka-tala Alankara in making the things easier to the poor aspirant. Like this there are umpteen lacunae neglected by the so called music-teachers but became more harmful to the poor aspirants. msakella

msakella

Post by msakella »

20210418:
Some helpful tips for violin aspirants-05:

By thousands of blunders committed by these so called music-cheaters all over the globe billions of aspirants all over the globe are sufferring a lot from one kind of in-efficiency or impotency or the other making their lives hell. To whom these poor aspirants can complain except to God?

In our Indianity as the teacher and husband are considered the most sacred lives the respective teachers or the respective husbands are always treated with high respect and the respective students or the respective wives are never used to belittle their teachers or husbands in spite of all the miseries they enjoyed.

But, taking advantage of this high respect all these teachers or all these husbands have been misusing the advantages for their self benefit very conveniently escaping from their duties and responsibilities. How many are aware of this fact and coming out open to discuss or act accordingly to save the victims.

In respect of our classical music while the ability to
sing creative music must be considered as the criteria, very sadly, only a large number of items or compositions are taught by the so called music-cheaters conveniently escaping from the responsibility of inculcating the ability of singing creative music. Whom to blame for the loss incurred
since many centuries by all our kids who became inefficient and impotent to lead a honourable life?

Even now if all the syllabi of all the music examinations are modified accordingly giving utmost importance to creative music of Swarakalpanas at the first instance enabling the students sing them within the very first year of study
all the HODs or Professors or teachers come out open in protest to immediately stop this action
as this creates new responsibilities of making the students sing all these Kalpanaswaras in all these Talas.

Once keeping this in view when i, as a member of the Board of studies, included some important rhythmical exercises in the syllabus the teaching staff of Vizianagaram Music College gave a representation to remove them all from the syllabus. But, when the University teachers themselves opposed them they ran away! But, even though these exercises must be taught the respective teachers are not teaching them to the students in the absence of any regular academic supervision
since last sixty years. Thus, while the poor aspirants are being made inefficients and impotents by all these so called music-teachers themselves to whom these poor aspirants could complain for justifiable action. To set right all such problems and to help the poor aspirants the Akella's army has been striving hard.

Even though the sole cause for all these inefficiencies or impotencies of the poor aspirants is the music-cheater himself/herself, surprisingly, none of them come forward either to hold discussions or even to participate in any such discussions and in finding some solutions in the helping process to the poor aspirants.

For example, even in this rasikas.org.forum there is not even a single thread except mine discussing about the various problems of these poor aspirants. This itself obviously reveals how much serious the general public are in respect of these poor aspirants. Very sad!

Even though i have visited many music institutions or music departments of several Universities i have never heard of starting 'Aspirants' grievance cells'
in all these music institutions and music departments of all these Universities. I have never seen even a single music-teacher looking into the various problems of these poor asoirants and finding solutions for all their problems.

To tell the fact pre-recorded CDs or DVDs alongwith the music-books furnished with different kinds of notations help a lot to these poor aspirants. But, how many of these authors of music-books have ever supplied such pre-recorded CDs or DVDs alongwith their music-books???

For these performing arts system of Distance education is suicidal and helps only to increase inefficiency and impotency among the students. But the money minded authorities and the lethargic teachers of all these Universities are playing with the lives of these music aspirants.

Many a time it has undoubtedly been proved that relying upon these machines, keyboard and metronome helps a lot than relying upon these
human teachers and several times i have also proved this alongwith relevant videos of my Youtube channel. But, since last more than 20 yesrs, even after observing all of these evidences why not even a single music-teacher came forward to follow this either to support or even to condemn this. Are all these music-teachers so inefficient even to condemn this system though not to support!

Once i happened to act as a member of the selection committee for the post of Lecturer in vocal. Then a lady candidate (M.A-Music from Andhra University) appeared for this interview and for all the questions she answered with 'l don't know' and we all the five members of this committee unanimously disqualified her for selection. But, ultimately being a scheduled caste candidate she got the job on reservation basis and been successfully spoiling thousands of students all along her service in the SV college of Music, Tirupati. We have very great gentlemen who sre very highly sensitive that they all unanimously feel very bad of any harsh words aimed at these sacred cheaters, liars, rogues and traitors but nobody bothers about the plight of such poor aspirants becoming inefficients or impotents due to such inefficient teachers ruining the lives of several poor aspirants for several years. Excellent country and highly cultured citizens indeed!!! msakella

msakella

Post by msakella »

20210418:
Some helpful tips for violin aspirants-06:

Now i am 83 and am very well aware that irrespective of my number of posts some are interested in knowing the information but not in toiling themselves in actually doing something
in helping the poor aspirants.

In post 212 SrinathK wrote that he had already learnt 20 varnas and 50 kritis in the classroom environment of 4 years (waste of the invaluable time, energy and money) but presently having no idea how to practice. Huge material but with zero knowledge to proceed further. That's why he is very anxious to know the details of mohana-shankarabharana varnas and tried to instigate me to make relevant videos and to upload them to Youtube. In post 215 he wrote the mohana varnam becomes dead easier to the person who plays gamaka heavy varnas. Now he himself realised the fact. In fact, had he acquired the real knowledge by learning 20 varnas & 50 Kritis he
wouldn't have questioned me.

My Parama Guru Dr. Shripada Pinakapani wrote in his book, Manodharma Sangitam that the person who learns 25 Varnas & 50 Kritis face to face from Guru can only get the ability of singing Swarakalpana.But, this has undoubtedly been proved long ago that kids can ably sing both mathematical and creative Kalpanaswaras very easily in a logical plan of learning even within one year.

I am a follower of MSG and admirer of LGJ. In respect of strenuous practice i follow MSG in playing select Varnas and in respect of select Varnas i follow LGJ.
Music originates from brain and comes out through fingers in instrumental music. To serve this purpose i have my own finger-exercises with and without bow to serve the need. msakella

msakella

Post by msakella »

20210420:
Some helpful tips for violin aspirants-07:

The father, without going alongwith his son to go from Hyderabad to Mumbai, who properly initiates him in doing it independently is the true father. Initiating a person go from Hyderabad to Mumbai is not an easy job at all even to an efficient and honest teacher unless he/she assesses the financial, physical and mental levels of the person and stabilise them at the required level to go further. The same thing is needed even in respect of our music-aspirant which is hell of a job to assess and stabilise the different levels of beat and note of a novice in this invisible fine-art where singing creative music alone is the criteria.

To sing the creative music efficiently any person must basically be equipped with the critical knowledge of beat and note and how to manage with them efficiently in his/her musical journey.
Moreover, the teacher has to assess the level of the instinctive abilities of the aspirant and later stabilise
the needed abilities to enable him/her manage with both the beat and note in his/her musical journey.

Just to escape from all these respective duties and responsibilities of an efficient and honest teacher the Tamilian egoists and selfish musicians of the old generations evolved a system of teaching music in which the teacher himself/herself always merely sings or plays a number of different items or compositions for different levels of students and also make them sing or play the lesson along with him/her which helps to keep the aspirant as a perennial dependent upon the teacher in an elongated process running for many years to come.

Most unfortunately, all the other South Indians have very blindly been used to follow this very highly illogical system of learning music since many centuries.

After a very heavy experimentation, now, a foolproof
system of learning music has, only by God's grace,
been evolved by which the aspirant can very independently work with his/her ability and convenience with barest minimum dependence upon the teacher which enables him/her sing both
mathematical and creative Kalpanaswaras in all the six popular Talas very efficiently and confidently hardly within only one year even before learning the first Kriti in a very strict 'time-bound and result-oriented' plan of action implemented by Akella's army.

Interested aspirants and parents can follow this and get benefitted in a 'time-bound and result-oriented'
program.

This new logical system of learning music in a 'time-bound and result-oriented' plan of action
incurs heavy financial loss to the teacher simultaneously giving an additional burden of bearing the responsibility of inculcating the knowledge of singing Kalpanaswaras in all the six popular Talas even before learning the first Kriti hardly within the duration of only one year. That's why very efficient and honest music-teachers only
follow this. msakella

msakella

Post by msakella »

As per the post No.221 Chi. SrinathK promised to meet me soon in person (alongwith his instrument) and i have been waiting to discuss with him very interesting details (possibly through zoom if our friends of rasikas.org kindly arrange for this). msakella

msakella

Post by msakella »

20210517:
Some helpful tips for violin aspirants-08:

While no finger-techniques are involved in vocal singing, as written in the post No.228 (6), in respect of instruments like Violin, specific-disciplined-finger- techniques make the playing effective and easier to the aspirant. But, even though we have a galaxy of great Violinists, both very surprisingly and very sadly too, none of the Violinists did ever bring out any videos for educational purposes playing different kinds of finger-techniques involved in playing different Varnas mainly keeping the poor aspirants in view.

For the very first time in the history, to serve this purpose, long ago i myself have played 9 select Varnas and Swarajati in Bhairavi with all the divisions of them in separate videos and uploaded to YouTube to facilitate the aspirants learn them all very independently, leisurely and efficiently. And being a professional full-time Violin teacher for 35 long years of service very regularly teaching to the students starting right from the alphabets, to serve the same purpose, i have furnished 28 videos of my playing and 35 videos of my students' playing also and in respect of the latter, in the description, i have furnished a list of 43 phrases also to be practised very regularly by the aspiants.

Since last more than 15 years in which way i have been able to initiate the Vocal aspirants sing Swarakalpana independently in all the six popular Talas hardly within only one year that too even before learning the first Kriti i have also been able to initiate my Violin aspirants too in playing a mini-concert in the beginning of the 3rd year of learning violin by following certain strenuous exercises very regularly.

While heavy-gamaka-finger-techniques in vocal-style of playing are very plentily available many inefficient teachers follow the instrument-style of playing like in Dwaram's style of playing and such teachers
can neither play the Varnas on a single string themselves or even initiate their students play the Varnas on single string.

In fact, even to logically strengthen the middle and ring-fingers of the left-hand, it is most essential to any violinist to play himself or even to initiate his/her violin students in very regularly practising the two Varnas in the Ragas Kalyani and Todi respectively
@ 120 bpm of metronome speed. The links of two videos of my disciple, Chi. O.Rajashekhar playing Kalyani-Ata-Varna @ 120 bpm Metronome speed
are furnished hereunder for the benefit of the violin
aspirants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41yVxzl ... ex=3&t=52s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QyJ2EK ... E6&index=4

Very sadly, not only the Violin-teachers but also even the Vocal-teachers always prefer to start gamaka-less-lessons starting with the Varnas in the Ragas like Mohana or Hamsadhvani (Himsadhvani). Starting with such gamaka-less Varnas increases the impotency among the Violinists and they cannot become successful violin-accompanists at all in their lifetime. msakella

msakella

Post by msakella »

20210518:
Some helpful tips for violin aspirants-09:

In my extensive research on the methods of learning our Karnataka music i have found that none of these
music-teachers ever have a highly disciplined logical
methods of learning this art in a 'time-bound and result-oriented' process. By all this, in which way each and every musician has his/her own version of 'Upacharamulanu-Bhairavi-Adi' even though Thyagaraja brought out only one version, each and every music-teacher has his /her own items or compositions or teaching (not learning) methods
ultimately leading to a chaotic situation to the poor
aspirants. Thus, in each and every civilization while the elders strive hard to make things easier to all their kids, very sadly in our Karnataka music, our
egoistic, selfish and parasitic Sangitakalanidhis and Padmashrees strive hard in making things harder to all our kids. What a great musical tribe!!!

In general, many of the Violin-teachers feel themselves very great teachers but, in fact, as they
do not have the proper knowledge of vocal-style of finger-techniques or mathematical knowledge of Swarakalpana they cannot teach them to their students and, thus, many of their students remain as impotents only.

In the same manner many of the music-teachers, being inefficient to manage with intricate rhythmical
phrases, in general, cannot or do not teach their students any rhythmical exercises but to cover their own inefficiency they wantonly create an aversion among their students towards any such intricate rhythmical material.

In our Karnataka music most of the musicians are mostly of performing perspective and very less of teaching perspective and it is not that easy to differenciate them and, moreover, none of them likes to differentiate them like that as they all think themselves as great authorities in music but, funnily,
none of them likes to follow the teaching methods of any other teacher. In the same manner, very sadly, in our Karnataka music, even after thousands of years we never have a logical syllabus to any of the music examinations. But at the same time, none of our musicians like this kind of blemish and also none of them is ready to openly participate in any kind of discussion in this respect as his/her own beans may be spilled out in such discussions.

As most of these musicians are mostly of performing perspective and very less of teaching perspective their selection of items or compositions in the syllabus will not be logical at all. But, in the absence of the required music knowledge, all the authorities are compelled to rely upon these musicians only and follow these illogical syllabi only ultimately victimising the innocent and poor aspirants. Nobody bothers about these poor aspirants!!!

Everybody likes to teach his/her students his/her own items and syllabus in his/her own method.
In general, all these music-teachers sing or play themselves the items or compositions and ask the aspirants also to follow them in singing or playing. While in service me too did in the same manner for nearly 20 years but the results are not at all satisfying. Later on while going through the audio recordings of Lalgudi G.Jayaraman (very sadly, no video of these stalwarts has ever been taken for educational purpose to help the poor aspirants)
surprisingly, I came to know that there are well-disciplined finger-techniques to follow while playing different Varnas in maintaining the continuity of sound and this lead to formulate some exercises to make the gamaka-phrases of these Varnas easy to play.

For each and everything it is very important to note that different kinds of exercises have to be formulated for different kinds of purposes and be given to the aspirant for his/her very regular practice
to help the aspirant increase his/her stamina gradually. msakella
Last edited by msakella on 19 May 2021, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Previously i was able to make some modifications in
my post may be even within 24 hrs. But, today when i wanted to do this i have found this facility is curtailed! msakella

Now after sometime this indicative icon re-appeared
surprisingly. msakella

msakella

Post by msakella »

20210523:
Some helpful tips for violin aspirants-10:

I reside at Secunderabad and from Vishakhapatnam two brother-students, Chi. TP Gopalakrishna (17yrs.) and Chi. TP Gokulakrishna (13 yrs.), grandsons of my very close friend and Vocalist, late KKurmanadh have been learning Violin through Google Duo nearly since last 3 yrs.

In this Akella's method in learning music i never sing Vocal or play Violin for more than 5% but initiate my students work for more than 95% mostly relying upon the notations, videos and Metronome independently.

Now, the link of the video is furnished hereunder in which the second one had played the Saveri-Adi-Varna in two speeds on a single string starting from Mandra-madhyama as Shadja (a very rare technique of MSG-SCHOOL of playing Violin).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a2td5j ... p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aFtRvu ... p=drivesdk

I shall be very happy if the link of any such video of any talented student is also posted here. msakella

AditiShastri

Post by AditiShastri »

msakella wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 12:55 20210418:
Parama Guru Dr. Shripada Pinakapani wrote in his book, Manodharma Sangitam
Dear sir, pranams
I have been researching swarakalpana and alapana styles and I chanced upon your comment.. May I please know where to obtain a copy of this book? A quick search shows the book in a pdf format, written in Telugu. By any chance, do you have an English version of the book? I stay in BLR.

Thanks a lot.