SERIAL NUMBER FOR POSTS IN GENERAL DISCUSSION

Troubleshooting
RSR

SERIAL NUMBER FOR POSTS IN GENERAL DISCUSSION

Post by RSR »

I am a late entrant in this forum and have not explored all the sections in full. I am particularly interested in the general discussion section. There are 101 pages there starting from 2004 I think. The early posts there were very detailed and informative mostly... dealing with general theory of carnatic music. I have a few suggestions. As the number of posts may exceed 2500, it will be a good idea to number the posts as 00001 onwards in page 101 currently. Contrary to what is being followed now, (the latest page in the section is shown as page1), the first post in the earliest page should be numbered as 00001. It is not enough to give URL to pages only.
For example, the various sections can be indexed as A-for general discussion, B- for ragas, C for layam matters
D for lyrics-transliteration , E for lyrics translation F for songs notation and so-on.
And the post can be automatically numbered along with the index letter.
rasikas.org/A1004 for the 1004th post in general discussion.
If possible, a separate web page can give the title of the thread and post number .
Is there any copyright issue, if I volunteer to do that work gradually? Thank you.

srkris
Site Admin

Re: SERIAL NUMBER FOR POSTS IN GENERAL DISCUSSION

Post by srkris »

Thanks for the suggestion - will see if it is possible.

RSR

Re: SERIAL NUMBER FOR POSTS IN GENERAL DISCUSSION

Post by RSR »

Is there a section, like 'quora' , where I can post my query for information or clarification , without initiating a new topic? Can we perhaps name that section as 'query'. For example, in which year Helen Keller visited Kalki Gardens?