Can active topics link show posts posted in website issues

Troubleshooting
rajeshnat

Can active topics link show posts posted in website issues

Post by rajeshnat »

srkris
I just realize now that when you post in website issues thread , you only see it in unanswered posts and not in active topics link. Any reason there ?Can you fix it

rajeshnat

Re: Can active topics link show posts posted in website iss

Post by rajeshnat »

srkris
Awaiting for your answer

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Active topics is a list of active topics (one that receives frequent posts) and is not a list of unanswered posts. So I dont see any unexpected behaviour there.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

srkris wrote:Active topics is a list of active topics (one that receives frequent posts) and is not a list of unanswered posts. So I dont see any unexpected behaviour there.
SRkris
You seem to have not got the crux yet of what I am communicating here.

1. Active Topics has nothing to do with frequent or not frequent posts , if you login and click on active topics link , you will see that "Display posts from previous: 7 days" , where 7 days is the default value.(Scroll down to the end of active link page )

2. View Unread posts (not unanswered posts as you have mentioned which used to be in your previous avatar) is listing out all unread posts for each of our login profile

IN short Active Topics (Display Posts from Previous 7 days being default value) = View Unread Posts with a filter of last 7 days

Hope you get this point , let us move to the next post.
Last edited by rajeshnat on 26 Oct 2010, 14:53, edited 2 times in total.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

# Incidentally in active topics you are including all topics (like General discussion etc..... upto natya and Members and Lounges) and excluded Website Issues topics , click active topics and see that none of posts in Website Issues are visible. You generally see the no of reads in Website Issues is very very less simply because only few mahanubavulus see that posts , only after they click unread posts

So we all would want "Website Issues" to be included so that those who click Active Topics also see the posts that are discussed in website issues. Is my request fair , answer specifically yes or no. Let us move on.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Now interestingly when you have excluded Website Issues (whether it was by default or was it written as a customized script) withActive Topics means logically the below point:

You can also exclude "Members Stuff and Lounges " , instead of excluding "Website Issues", so that means the script is there ,the claim that you have made in another thread that you have to write new scripts and migration issues only appears as a deflection(nONDi sAku in thamizh) where it appears you have taken a stand that you would keep it as it is. That is fine as of now fix the previous post to include Website Issues in Active Topic. We can take the exclusion/inclusion of 'Member Stuff and Lounges' little later.
Last edited by rajeshnat on 26 Oct 2010, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

I think we are guests here.

making good suggestions is one thing, and open to all, but the specification of the site is not ours to decide.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

srkris
Gentle remainder for your reply to posts #4 to #6

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Can you tell me in short statements? I am not able to understand what you are looking for in post #6.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

srkris wrote:Can you tell me in short statements? I am not able to understand what you are looking for in post #6.
I cannot make it much shorter , let us leave #6 for now, do you get #4 and #5 where you can fix "Active Topics to include even website issues once when that active topics link is clicked".

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

It is not excluded in the first place.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

srkris wrote:It is not excluded in the first place.
It is definitely excluded , possibly check for the "non administrator" profile, possibly it is coming for you being an admin.
How about some one else like arunk or rt can you see this post when you click only active links