Robin Williams

Languages used in Carnatic Music & Literature
venkatakailasam

Robin Williams

Post by venkatakailasam »

Oscar-winning actor and comedian Robin Williams was found dead Monday at his home north of San Francisco and
investigators believed that he likely took his own life.

He was the funniest guy in the room, something that made it all the harder for friends and fans to accept that beneath that reservoir of frenetic energy and seemingly endless good humor resided demons so dark they could push Robin Williams to suicide.

An anecdote :

A man goes to see a doctor. Doctor asks what seems to be the trouble. The man says, "Doc, I'm depressed. Simply, I can't sleep sometimes, I can't eat, I feel down and irritable most days. I just can't feel 'happy.'"
The Doctor says, "I've got the perfect fix for you. In town tonight is the great clown Pagliacci. He's hysterically funny and will make you laugh til you cry. You will experience a joy unprecedented."
The man bursts into tears. The doctor, confused asks why. "Doc, I am Pagliacci."
Robin Williams was legendary. He was also human. He had his demons and battled them all his life. I don't like that he's gone, but I understand what he's dealt with.

RIP

perezellen

Re: Robin Williams

Post by perezellen »

Robin McLaurin Williams was an Actor and comedian.He born on July 21, 1951, in Chicago, Illinois. He became one of America's funniest performers and graduated from Claremont Men's College and College of Marin before enrolling at the Juilliard School in New York City. There he befriended and became roomies with fellow actor Christopher Reeve. Williams.Then later he experimented with comedy in San Francisco and Los Angeles, by developing a successful stand-up act.Williams worked on many TV programs and they are The Richard Pryor Show, Laugh-In and Eight Is Enough before becoming more widely known to American audiences as the alien Mork. He has been part of the cast of the 1977 romp Can I Do It 'Till I Need Glasses?, Williams made his big-screen debut in a lead role playing the famous spinach.

nativespecialseo

Re: Robin Williams

Post by nativespecialseo »

Robin McLaurin Williams (July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014) was an American actor and comedian. Starting as a stand-up comedian in San Francisco and Los Angeles in the mid-1970s, he is credited with leading San Francisco's comedy renaissance. After rising to fame as Mork in the sitcom Mork & Mindy (1978–82), he went on to establish a career in both stand-up comedy and feature film acting. He was known for his improvisational skills.