Indian Culture Invading the US

History, religion and culture
harimau

Indian Culture Invading the US

Post by harimau »

Indian Culture is invading the US.

By that, I don't mean that we have Indian dance and music programs across the length and breadth of the country.

It is far more insidious.

And it is likely to give fits of rage to martha_krishna and her running dog sureshvv.

Dear Readers, a year ago, I found in Macy's Department Stores, a brand of leather handbags called --are you ready for this -- "Brahmin".

I would have expected martha_krishna to lead protests against Macy's and any other department store for this casteist behavior.

Where is Equal Opportunity? Why don't we have a "Shudra" brand of handbags for women?

Now, that is a business opportunity if I see one! :lol: :lol: :twisted: :evil:

Sachi_R

Re: Indian Culture Invading the US

Post by Sachi_R »

harimau

Post by harimau »

Sachi_R,

I don't think the Brahmin brand of handbags and women's wallets and clutches are made from the skin of Brahma bulls. :lol:

A friend in India looked it up on the internet. Amazon India sells them for several tens of thousands of rupees each. One bag at Macy's was priced at $435. So, the Brahmin brand carries a big price tag, as befits its superior heritage! :lol:

Should a competing Sudra brand be priced higher or lower? Either way, the sociological implications are mind-boggling. :lol:

harimau

Post by harimau »

Sachi_R wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 21:02 Image
Kankrej cattle?

Would that be Hindiwallahs' spelling of Congress cattle?