Pasurams on Tirupathi

History, religion and culture
satyabalu

Pasurams on Tirupathi

Post by satyabalu »

*How many of them are being frequently handled in cutcheries.
*Any suggestion on which of the pasurams not widely covered in Concerts can be taken for being covered in ragamalika in concerts.
*Forumites may help me with my proposed experiment on this exercise.

ksrimech

Re: Pasurams on Tirupathi

Post by ksrimech »

There are 202 pAsurams by AzhvArs on tiruvEnkaDam/tirumalayappan. You can find them listed in the following pdf file.

http://www.acharya.org/books/eBooks/DP4000/tvtm-tml.pdf

I have heard the following pAsurams sung very commonly on stage or in pre-recorded cassettes.

(1) nammAzhvAr's agalakkillEn iRaiyum (tiruvAymozhi 06.10.10) and kunRamEndi kuLirmazhai (tiruvAymozhi 03.03.08)
(2) kulaSEkharAzhvAr's UnEru SelvattuDar piravi (perumAL tirumozhi 04.01) seDiyAya val vinaigaL tIrkkum tirumAlE (perumAL tirumozhi 04.09)
(3) tirumazhisaiyAzhvAr's verpu enRu vEnkaTam pADinEn (nAnmugan tiruvandAdi 40) and kaDainda pArkaDal kiDandu (tirucchanda viruttam 81)
(4) pEyAzhvAr's tAzhsaDaiyum nILmuDiyum (mUnRAm tiruvandAdi 63)

The nammAzhvAr pAsurams are sung very often by Shri TVS and Shri Sanjay. tAzhsaDaiyum, UnEru selvattu and kaDainda pArkaDal kiDandu were been popularized by Smt MS both on the concert stage as well as pre-recorded albums. Shri TNS also sings UnEru selvattu very often, so do others. Shri TMK has sung the rest of the pAsurams in chArsur's kSEtrA tirupati. If others do know of other pAsurams sung often, please list them here and I will be able to give the reference for it. Also, please do tell me if you need any other information. I will be happy to provide them.

satyabalu

Post by satyabalu »

Thank you for the entire pasurams on Thiruvenkatam.
Where will I find the meaning for me to select . I prefer separate book with meaning in Tamil for these 202 alone..

ksrimech

Post by ksrimech »

There are quite a few books in the market on nAlAyira divyaprabhandam. There is one book which has the english translation by Jagathrakshan. He translated it from the tamizh vyakyanam of Sri Srirama Bharathi. If you can't locate this book, you might want to contact Velukkudi Krishnan Swami at Kincitkaram Trust. He may be able to give more details. His phone number in Chennai is 24992728. His email address is admin@kinchitkaramtrust.org.

satyabalu

Post by satyabalu »

THQ once again.

vramanCMH

Post by vramanCMH »

The ;inl providded for the pdf file is not working

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

vramanCMH wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 07:02 The link provided for the pdf file is not working
Please check this :-
http://acharya.org/bk/eb/DP4000/tvtm-tml.pdf