Plea to rasikas requesting notations/lyrics

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
Lakshman

Plea to rasikas requesting notations/lyrics

Post by Lakshman »

Please post your requests ONLY in the Identification & Translation request thread. This will result in prompt action from me.
Similar requests posted in other threads go unnoticed sometimes as I don't look through all the threads all the time. Eventually I will get to them though. Thanks

SrinathK

Re: PLEA TO RASIKAS REQUESTING NOTATIONS/LYRICS

Post by SrinathK »

This needs to be made sticky. I see this happening all the time.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Yes.
It's amazing how Lakshman complies with a request without delay, like HanumAn the rescue. With all the effort (loving, we all know) that goes into it, the least we can do is to GO to the Identification & Sahitya Section and make the request. General Discussions section gets clogged up, even otherwise.

It's really simple: please go to the above-mentioned section...Thanks.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

And it is normal courtesy to say THANKS to the lyrics/ notation / meaning provider after you get what you wanted !

melam72

Post by melam72 »

Lakshman-garu should go on strike for a month and leave everyone who needs notations helpless. That is only when they'd appreciate their value.

People on the internet sometimes are no different from the petulant teenagers I teach...

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

:) I am still negotiating with the administration for a raise. If it doesn't work out I may go on strike. :D

thumbyaram

Post by thumbyaram »

please provide me the lyrics of tillana in ranjani ragam composed by apoorva krishna dhim dhim dhim udanihom diranita dirani thadhim dhim

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Lakshman wrote: 31 Jul 2017, 01:24 Please post your requests ONLY in the Identification & Translation request thread. ... ... ...
thumbyaram wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 13:45 please provide me the lyrics of tillana in ranjani ragam composed by apoorva krishna dhim dhim dhim udanihom diranita dirani thadhim dhim
Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

Lol. That must have been the funniest thing that ever happened in the history of rasikas.org :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm beginning to think that the Sticky label actually makes the post less noticed because it never changes it's place...

Rajesh Gopal

Post by Rajesh Gopal »

Please provide me the notation of Arunagirinathar's song "Mutthai tharu ". Despite all efforts I could not get the same .Many thanks. Best wishes,Rajesh Gopal

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

Please don't post anything in this thread (if you read it). Please post only here :- https://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=11

@Lakshman and mods, please rename the Identification / translation as Lyrics & Notation Identification / Translation Requests. As Sherlock once told Watson, "You see, but you do not observe"

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

SrinathK wrote: 12 Oct 2017, 10:41 Please don't post anything in this thread (if you read it). Please post only here :- viewforum.php?f=11

@Lakshman and mods, please rename the Identification / translation as Lyrics & Notation Identification / Translation Requests. As Sherlock once told Watson, "You see, but you do not observe"
Thanks for the suggestion - renamed.

RasikasModerator2

Re: Plea to rasikas requesting notations/lyrics

Post by RasikasModerator2 »

Here's what we'll do from now on. If people keep posting requests anywhere other than where they're supposed to be, we will just move them to the Requests section on sight. That way it will get attention, and keep the forum tidy.

And no we will not inform posters.