Meaning of the Tamil Lyrics from Pushpanjali

Classical Dance forms & related music
srijayar

Meaning of the Tamil Lyrics from Pushpanjali

Post by srijayar »

Hello All,

I am trying to find the meaning for the tamil words in a pushpanjali. I am not a Tamil speaker but have tried to place the lyrics and any meanings I know. Please help me with the translation/corrections.

Ayindu (5) karathone Aanai (order/command?) ma mukgathone sree sidhivinayakanae charanam

Sree Valli Daivayaanai Samethaga Sree Murugunae Sree Shanmugane Charanam

Ilai (no) kanaka sabai (golden dance hall) tanile (at) Tirunatanam (dance of shiva) puriyum (understand) Sree natarajane charanam

Kanaka Saba Pathi (lord at chidambaram) Udaya (of) Mana (mind) maghilupetra Sree Sivakamasundari Charanam

Siva sakthi arul (blessings) petra Bhakti Nirainda Sree Chandikeswara Ne Charanam

Thank you!

rshankar

Re: Meaning of the Tamil Lyrics from Pushpanjali

Post by rshankar »

srijayar wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 03:08
Ayindu (5) karathone Aanai (order/command?) ma mukgathone sree sidhivinayakanae charanam

Sree Valli Daivayaanai Samethaga Sree Murugunae Sree Shanmugane Charanam

Ilai (no) kanaka sabai (golden dance hall) tanile (at) Tirunatanam (dance of shiva) puriyum (understand) Sree natarajane charanam
aindu karattOnE= (one with) 5 (aindu) hands (karam = hand) - 4 hands + 1 trunk
Anai mA mugattOnE = (one with) an mighty (mA) elephant (Anai) face (mugam = face)
SrI siddhivinAyakanE = the divine (SrI) vinAyaka who offers fruition in endeavors (siddhi)
SaraNam = (I seek) refuge (in you)

SrI vaLLi dEvAnai samEtanAga = Along with (samEtanAga) the divine vaLLi and dEvasEna
SrI muruganE = Oh divine murugA
SrI shaNmuganE = Oh divine six (shaN)-faced one (muganE)

tillai = (in) Chidambaram
kanaka sabhai tanilE = in (tanilE) the golden (kanaka) hall/assembly (sabhai)
tiru naTanam puriyum = the one performing (puriyum) the divine (tiru) dance (naTanam)
SrI naTarAjanE = Oh divine naTarAjA

srijayar wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 03:08Kanaka Saba Pathi (lord at chidambaram) Udaya (of) Mana (mind) maghilupetra Sree Sivakamasundari Charanam
No idea what this means - need to listen to the words. Could be as follows:
kanaka sabhApati uDaya = of (uDaya) the lord (pati) of the golden (kanaka) hall (sabhA) (in Chidambaram)
mana magizhvu peTRa = (one who has) obtained (peTRa) the delight (magizhvu) (of the) mind (mana)
SrI SivakAmasundari = the divine beauty (sundari) (who is the personification of) Siva's desire (kAma) - i.e., pArvati
SaraNam = (I seek) refuge in you (in you)
srijayar wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 03:08Siva sakthi arul (blessings) petra Bhakti Nirainda Sree Chandikeswara Ne Charanam
Siva Sakti = Siva and pAravti
aruL peTRa = (one who has) received (peTRa) the blessings (aruL) (of)
bhakti niRainda = (one who is) filled (niRainda) with devotion (bhakti)
SrI canDikESvaranE = Oh divine canDikESvara