Javali in raga mandu/adi tala?

Classical Dance forms & related music
joel.riou

Javali in raga mandu/adi tala?

Post by joel.riou »

Has anyone encountered a javali in raga mandu and adi tala, with the following sahitya for the pallavi: "vanai rammanavai na priya sakhi, venu ganalolunai jooda, manai ne dayaseyunu na saminai"?

Context: As part of my Benesh movement notation studies at the Paris Conservatory, I plan to reconstruct the dance choreography from a Benesh movement score of a dance piece on this music. The piece was choreographed by Kalakshetra-style teacher Balasundari Prathalingam and it may have been performed by Madhurika (Maureen Sanderson) at her arangetram in London in 1971: this was the first arangetram by a non-Indian in England. Unfortunately, apart from the movement notation, I only have the names of the raga and tala, and the sahitya with the padartha. Any guesses about the composer, music notations, or audio-recordings are welcome!

kkbava

Re: Javali in raga mandu/adi tala?

Post by kkbava »

Hi Joel,
I manage a jAvaLi blog post of jAvaLi lyrics at https://javali.blog and am afraid I havent come across this from the collections we came across so far
1) If you have the lyrics, could you please share the same?
2) could the pallavi be "vAni rammanavE nA priya sakhi"?

Regards,
kk
https://javali.blog

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

vAni rammanavE (j). rAgA: mAND. Adi tALA. Turaiyur Rajagopala Sharma.

P: vAni rammanavE priya sakhi vENugAna lOluni jUDa mAnini dayasEyu nA sAmi
A: vanitalatO jEri brndAvanamuna manasugu ramyamau rAsa nATyamu sEyu
C: andamainamana muraliccE amara gAnamutO mei marapincina
mandahAsayuta vadanuvinAmari evarini dayalEnE priya sakhi

kkbava

Post by kkbava »

Thank you Lakshman sir! 🙏

joel.riou

Post by joel.riou »

Thanks for your replies! Indeed, the lyrics are those given by Lakshman sir. For my dance reconstruction project, I eventually asked a musician to reset the lyrics to music...