GNB Centenary Albums & other new releases from Carnatica

Place to review recorded music that you have heard.
preetha_carnatica

Post by preetha_carnatica »

To commemorate the centenary year of Maestro G. N. Balasubramaniam, Carnatica in association with the GNB family is proud to bring out two new albums:

1) A live concert recording from the year 1958, to be released as a 4-CD album. This is a complete concert, restored from original spool recordings. GNB is accompanied by Lalgudi Jayaraman & Palani Subramania Pillai
2) GNB - A Centennial Retrospective: A 2-CD album featuring vintage renditions of the maestro from the 1930s, 40s & 50s. The tracks from the 30s & 40s highlight the early style of GNB, restored from vintage 78 rpm plates. The tracks from the 50s are carefully chosen excerpts from various live concerts, featuring some rare renditions in ragas like Manji, Yadukulakambhoji, Devamanohari, etc.

Also, as is well known among rasikas here, Carnatica frequently brings out CD albums of live concerts from some of our popular programmes like Bharat Sangeet Utsav, Samarpanam, etc. in response to requests from music lovers. We are happy to announce the release of the following live concerts from our archives:

1) Suguna Purushottaman & Suguna Varadachari, Live Duet performance at Samarpanam, a tribute to Musiri Subramania Iyer
2) S. Sowmya, Live performance at Bharat Sangeet Utsav 2008
3) Savita Narasimhan, Live performance at Bharat Sangeet Utsav 2008
4) S. Saketharaman, Live performance at Bharat Sangeet Utsav 2008
5) Carnatica Brothers Live in Concert (Dec 2008)

We are also proud to continue our tradition of bringing out vintage unedited live recordings of great masters, by releasing TWO priceless albums of late Sangita Kalanidhi Dr. S. Ramanathan - one is a live concert recording from the early 1980s (accompanists unknown) and the second is a live recording from 1963, exclusively featuring Tyagaraja's Utsava Sampradaya kritis!

More info at: http://shopping.carnatica.net or 044-45535576
Last edited by preetha_carnatica on 03 Apr 2009, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.

gn.sn42

Post by gn.sn42 »

I can't find any of these on the Carnatica web site: could you provide a direct link?

preetha_carnatica

Post by preetha_carnatica »

Sorry about that. I have updated the link above.

gn.sn42

Post by gn.sn42 »

Thank you!

nandiraju

Re: GNB Centenary Albums & other new releases from Carnatica

Post by nandiraju »

Hi... when I went to the website, I could not get to the album. Can you kindly provide the direct link to the tiltle, rather than to the general area, where all albums are present. I have the 4 disc edition, which I purchased from Matunga some time ago, want the 1930-50's.