Concerts of 15 years Vinayaka Chathurthi, Trichy

Place to review recorded music that you have heard.
vg.krishnaswamy

Concerts of 15 years Vinayaka Chathurthi, Trichy

Post by vg.krishnaswamy »

Dear rasikas,

I have recently discovered that the 15 years concerts held in Vinayaka Chathurti festival at Nandrudayan Vinayakar Temple, Trichy recordered

by J S Radio company is available in US. The collection has voices of great masters like Madurai Mani Iyer, Alathur Brothers, KVN, Vikatam by Tiruvisanallur Ramaswamy sastrigal. We will get many alathur brothers and palani subramania pillai combination before they had differences. 15 years and each year minimum 10 concerts, so it should be 150 concerts, each 4 hours. IMAGINE... All between 1950s and 1960s... The golden period of Carnatic music. One may wonder, how i got this info. I am living next door to the temple and the recordings were copied and sent to US by one of my close relatives, who never took a copy of them. He believed that these artists would live long, and to everyone's shocking surprise the pillars collapsed before 1970s.

Can anyone, who has strong connection in US collect and share it with us. Trust me, the recordings would be excellent, as this man who recordered it used to organize the public address system and knows how to do wire-recording, a very intricate and complicated stuff. The concerts that are available with us are
Alathur-Sundaresa Iyer- PMI-10-9-1956
MMI-Sundaresa Iyer-Palani and Alamgudy- 11-9-1956

After all, the concerts are recorded to hear the voice of great masters and if they are shared with the interested rasikas, the merit and the richness of music will spread universally in the digital world.
Let us not lose the treasure.

ShrutiLaya

Re: Concerts of 15 years Vinayaka Chathurthi, Trichy

Post by ShrutiLaya »

Is this a carnatic music equivalent of the Nigerian letter :)?

http://www.snopes.com/fraud/advancefee/nigeria.asp

If this is real, I, (along with several others, I'm sure!) will be glad to help .. if you provide more details.

- Sreenadh

vg.krishnaswamy

Not an iota of doubt about the fact of the matter. Hey, Nigerian letter seems to be very interesting. When I read, I found myself to be less desperate. :lol: :lol:

I am trying my level best through known sources that I identified last week.

Even, if i am unsuccessful, i am left with only a temporary life to listen to an ocean of collection, although not in public circulation. :!:

Thanks for the positive response. :)

krishna32

Post by krishna32 »

Hi

If we happen to communicate with the person who has the Recordings in US we can advise him
to upload them in Sangeethapriya site.

Regards
Krishna

eesha

Post by eesha »

Any update on this please ??

I can arrange hosting in sangeethapriya.org

- Sridharan
(site admin, sangeethapriya.org)

vg.krishnaswamy

I heard couple of days back that the company India Inc., Delhi bought this collection completely from a popular person in Chennai and sold it in US. I have no clue as to who has purchased it... However, I got the concert of Alathur Brothers with Sundaresa Iyer and Palghat Mani Iyer. The recording was of Mr. J S. The clarity of this concert shared from US is awesome and I can relate this to the original copy of J S. I am sure the concerts are still with someone in US.

Request rasikas in US to share if it is available..
Krishna