Live concerts of RKSrikantan

Place to review recorded music that you have heard.
CRama

Post by CRama »

Rasikas have been mesmerised by hearing the live concerts of Shri.R.K.Srikantan during this season by his performance at the age of 90+. Many rasikas longed to hear the music of his younger days. Here is an opportunity to hear a younger RKS. Vidwan R.K.Srikantan Trust has released a few live concert recordings of R.K.Srikantan and his son Rudrapatnam S.Ramakanth. During my last vist to the garden city, I picked up some of the CDs. The concerts are of excellent quality and the recording quality also is good. I give this information for the use of our fellow rasikas who can purchase the CDs and enjoy the celestial music.

VINTAGE MELODIES I- R.K.Srikantan-Lalgudi Jayaraman- Palghat Mani Iyer-Full concert held in Navarathri Mandapaom, Trivadnrum in 1979- 2 CDs. Song list
Padmanabha palideba- Malayamarutham
Shoure-Durbar
Aradhayami- Bilahri
Mamava Jagadeeshwara- Saraswathi Manohari
Anjaneya- Saveri
Janani Pahi- Sudhasaveri
Pannaga sayana- Pharas
Mamavasada- Kanada
Slokam

VINTAGE MELODIES II- R.K.Srikantan-R.K.venkatarama Sastry- TAS Mani, Bangalore 1980- 3 CDs
Sathatha gana nadha- Mohanam
Sripatiyu-Nata
Gananathaya namasthe-Gowla
Bhajare bhajamanasa- Kannada
O Jagadamba- Anandabhairavi
Vachamgochara- Kaikavasi
Oorage galguna- Sahana
Karunaela kante- Varali
Bhajanaseyarada- Dharmavathi
Pannaga sayana- Pharas
Sarasa samamridu-Gowrimanohari
Mandamatiyo- Naanu- Durga
Harikatha sravana- Reethigowla
Karuniso ranga- Mohanam
Kandu dhanya nade- Behag
Adaram madhuram- Arabhi
Ragi tandeera- Punnagavaral;i
Ramanama payasake- Maund
Tillana _Kapi

Bothe the concerts have been rendered very melodiously in his robust well sruti aligned voice with clear pronounciation and accepted patanthara. There are many rares ongs in both the concerts. Rudrapatnam Ramakanth has provided accompaniment in both the concerts.
These CDs are not available in market outlets. I understand that the Trust will be conducting Sankranthi Music Festival coinciding with the birth day of Shri RKS during the Sankranthi period in Bangalore. The CDs will be available for purchase at the venue. Alternatively you can contact his house n Seshadripuram, Bangalore and get the CDs. Apart from these, many other CDs have been released by them.
Purchase the CDs and enjoy the heavenly music.