Please advise the rAgAs of the mentioned bhajans sung by Late SrI panDit bhImsEn jOShi Ji

Classical Music of North India
chskumar4

Please advise the rAgAs of the mentioned bhajans sung by Late SrI panDit bhImsEn jOShi Ji

Post by chskumar4 »

Dear Rasikas,

Good Morning!! and Happy DeepaavaLi to all.

I would like to know the rAgAs of the below bhajans sung by Late SrI panDit bhImsEn jOShi Ji.
1. enna pAlisO karuNAkarA.... (purandara dAsa keerthana)
2. kRupA sarOvar kamala manOhar......
3.jaya durgE duragati parihAriNi.....
4. jO bhajE hari kO sadA... (marathi abhAng)
5. tappu nODadE bandEya ennaya tandE ..... (purandara dAsa keethana)
6. shAradA vidyAdAni dayAni....
7. guru maharAj guru para brahma sadguru .......

KINDLY advise.....

Thanking you,

Best Regards,
- SHASHI KUMAR

chskumar4

Re: Please advise the rAgAs of the mentioned bhajans sung by Late SrI panDit bhImsEn jOShi Ji

Post by chskumar4 »

Dear Rasikas,

I would like to know the rAgAs of the below bhajans sung by Late SrI panDit bhImsEn jOShi Ji.
1. enna pAlisO karuNAkarA.... (purandara dAsa keerthana)
2. kRupA sarOvar kamala manOhar......
3.jaya durgE duragati parihAriNi.....
4. jO bhajE hari kO sadA... (marathi abhAng)
5. tappu nODadE bandEya ennaya tandE ..... (purandara dAsa keethana)
6. shAradA vidyAdAni dayAni....
7. guru maharAj guru para brahma sadguru .......

KINDLY advise.....

Thanking you,

Best Regards,
- SHASHI KUMAR
0 x

Rsachi

Re: Please advise the rAgAs of the mentioned bhajans sung by Late SrI panDit bhImsEn jOShi Ji

Post by Rsachi »

1. Enna Paliso - Raag Nand
2. Kripa Sarovar- Jana Sammodini
3. Jaya Durge - Nat Bhairav
4. Jo Bhaje Hari ko - Bhairavi
5. Tappu Nodade - Tilang
6. Sharada Vidyadani - Bhairavi
7. Guru Maharaj - Puriya Dhanashri

Postscript: In this great forum, many like me make such requests for songs, lyrics, notations, meanings, and raga identification etc. So I just wanted to share a perspective.
This type of request was in the past, before even a few years, a mere shout in the air or a wispy thought with little or no chance of being fulfilled. People in the know were few, reference resources were scarce, access to music was cumbersome or impossible, and people were too respectful of each other to bounce off such requests,despite people being ready to oblige, wiithin limits. And the effort required to even ask anyone (let alone a big forum) was off-putting.
But today, how much=a lot has changed! And people continue to be responsive, but the key point for people like me making such requests is to remember that others are making an effort to help out and we have to be sensitive to their time and effort involved.

chskumar4

Post by chskumar4 »

Thank you Sachi Ji,

Really appreciable for your time to identify the rAgAs. Very Very thankful to you.

With Best Regards,
-SHASHI KUMAR

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Sri Sashi Kumar,
you're welcome. I enjoyed the exercise very much!