Kruthi Bhat - Kamalakiran - Athrey : Unmissable Brilliance

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
Sachi_R

Kruthi Bhat - Kamalakiran - Athrey : Unmissable Brilliance

Post by Sachi_R »

https://youtu.be/MuSBW7u13Lc

As I pen this, my Bluetooth headphones are still savouring some extraordinary music that I have just heard. My heart is pumping with joy. My mind is thanking Sri. Muraleedhara Swamiji, Sri Krishna and Nadabrahman for giving me this ineffable bliss in an astral delivery mode.

Kruthi Bhat is the one to watch out for. I won't be surprised if she lands a Sangeetha Kalanidhi within a couple of decades. Of course I am talking about the timeline I am familiar with. But with deep learning AI and stuff anything is possible anytime anywhere.

In fact the proof of "what's impossible?" rhetoric is right here

Here are three NRI kids. in their respective homes. With headphones on. Performing together. No lip sync. No autotune. No memory devices. No audience. No big Sabha tag. No tickets. No Besh Bale balderdash from balding bedouins* like me.

(* a wanderer in search of the Carnatic elixir).

But one thing is going for them. Great musical talent. Training. Inspiration. Devotion. Commitment. Creativity. Joy of sharing.

Kruthi Bhat reminds me of this shloka:

गङ्गे च यमुने चैव गोदावरि सरस्वति!
नर्मदे सिंधु कावेरि जलेस्मिन् सन्निधिं कुरु ॥

This prayer is to the seven great rivers of India to come and bless me through my bathing water wherever I am.

Kruthi hails from a musical family in the rain forest of Karnataka, grew up in the US, has many gurus. All this and now her devotion to Muraleedhara Swamiji has showered on her the most auspicious musical talent and emotive expression. Her voice is elixir-like. Her confidence is amazing. Her mastery of grammar immaculate. Her presentation is a combination of humility and expertise - a sure winner.

With Kruthi, you can't get a bad ground stroke or a poor serve or a misdirected smash. She hits the lines like Steffi Graf- perhaps the most adorable tennis star among women.

I will not stand between you and the heavenly treat that awaits you. All the compositions are by Sri. Muraleedhara Swamiji.

Raagas covered in various compositions:

Nata
Begada
Saraswati
Khamach
Bhairavi 
Maand
Surutti

musicofmdr

Re: Kruthi Bhat - Kamalakiran - Athrey : Unmissable Brilliance

Post by musicofmdr »

Thanks Sachi_R for sharing this nice concert.

For me, the best part was the Bhairavi AlApana (https://youtu.be/MuSBW7u13Lc?t=2888)! It is an un-hurried and relaxing exploration, there is enough time for the music to sink in, and the lovely voice and stresses at the right points make it very enjoyable. There is an overall (nice) restraint in the usage of bhrugAs and their proportion and placements appears to be perfect (for me!). A "weighty" AlApana indeed! Loved it.

#musicofmdr
https://musicofmdr.com/

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

musicofmdr wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 09:21 There is an overall (nice) restraint in the usage of bhrugAs and their proportion and placements appears to be perfect (for me!). A "weighty" AlApana indeed! Loved it.
Interesting observation. Just caught a portion of another Navarathri concert on youtube from another relative youngster and felt that there was an over abundance of ornamentation. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing :D

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

gents, agree fully.
It is a rare quality to be found in the abundantly talented and trained youngsters - I mean restraint.