KALYANAPURAM ARAVIND IN MUDHRA FINE ARTS FESTIVAL- 5/12/2020

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
CRama

KALYANAPURAM ARAVIND IN MUDHRA FINE ARTS FESTIVAL- 5/12/2020

Post by CRama »

ACCOMPANISTS.
Kumbakonam M R Gopinath- Violin
Ganapathyraman- Mridangam
N.Sundar- Morsing.

List of songs.
• Eranapai-Varnam-Thodi. (S)
• Rama nannu brovara- Harikambodi-T (R,N,S)
• Janani Ninnu vina- Reetigowla- Subbaraya Sastry (R,N,S)
• Kamba Ramayana padal- Vasantha
• Etavunera- Kalyani-T (R,N,S)
• Amba Mohini- Slokam- Ragamalika
• Maavur valam peruga-Sindubhairavi- HMB
• Eru mayil eri- Tirupugazh- Ragamalika
• Mangalam

Kalyanapuram Arvind a.k.a. Aravind Sounderrajan is a disciple of Padmabhushan Madurai T.N.Seshagoplan which will be quite evident if one hears Aravind’s concerts. I have been following him for the past few years and his improvement over the years is very much evident. A pliable voice that can negotiate the three octaves with considerable ease, sruti sudham, roaring manodharmam, comradery with pakka vadyam artistes, concert planning all contribute to the success of his concerts.

The concert had a bright start with the evergreen Era na pai varnam and he appended a few bouts of rapid swaras to it. A measured alapana of Harikambodi brought out the contours of the ragam without any ambiguity and the Thyagaraja kriti was presented with the sangatis in tact. The customary neraval on the lines Mepula kai and the following sarvalaghu swaras brought weight to the concert. The raga alapanas of Reethigowla and Kalyani were elaborate. Well structured with the right voice throw, signature phrases, well rounded gamakams, brighas all made the alapanas very elegant.

What impressed me most was the neraval for Janani ninu vina on the lines Nera nammina nato vada. My memory took me to a concert of TNS in the eightees in the IFAS where the main kriti was Janani Ninnu vina and he presented an mind boggling neraval on the lines Nera nammina nato vada. I have never heard Janani Ninu vina for the main song nor this neraval from any other vidwan so far and I had requested a few vidwans for this also. Hence when TNS disciple presented this neraval I was over whelmed and he added sumptuous kalpana swaras also- motly keezh kala swaras suiting the pace of the kriti. Sabash Arvind.

The main kriti was Etavunera. Again rendered with fidelity to the commonly heard patantharam. The neraval and swaras were well designed and aesthetically presented.

M.R.Gopinath on the violin presented authentic raga alapanas and replies to the neraval and swarams. Ganapathyraman with his rich experience of accompanying galaxy of vocalists embellished the concert with his anticipation, right volume and choicest strokes. Sundar n the Morsing complemented well.

Sivaramakrishnan

Re: KALYANAPURAM ARAVIND IN MUDHRA FINE ARTS FESTIVAL- 5/12/2020

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Virtual, superb event.
Original, fine review.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

is it available online please?

CRama

Post by CRama »

It i not available on line. You can hear it in paalam tv on the day of webcast and repeat webcast next day morning 6 AM.