BHARAT SUNDER IN NADA INBAM ON LINE CONCERT-14 Sep 2020

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
CRama

BHARAT SUNDER IN NADA INBAM ON LINE CONCERT-14 Sep 2020

Post by CRama »

It is gratifying to note that after nearly five months, Nada Inbam has initiated live concerts sans the cheering audience and webcasting through the Parivadini. The accompanists for Bharat Sunder are
Parur K.Ananthakrishnan- Violin.
Trivandrum Balaji- Mridangam
K.V.Gopalakrishnan- Ganjira.

Bharat Sunder commenced with the evergreen Navaragamalika varnam, followed with Janakeeramana in Sudhaseemanthini and Satre vilagi irum pillay in Poorvikalyani. The elaborate and exquisite alapana of Kharaharapriya was the trigger for me for writing this brief review – to induce Sangeeta rasikas to visit the yt and enjoy the concert. What an alapana- with his booming voice executing the sangatis with precision and the dazzling brighas and akara sangatis engulfing you. The main song is Nadachi Nadachi with some intricate swarakalpanas.
The accompanists were enthusiastic and provided lively support and the team lifted the concert to a great extent and it will remain in your memory for long. The link for the concert is given below. Kindly listen to the concert and add to my observations.
https://youtu.be/iXTZNIJDVtU

hnbhagavan

Re: BHARAT SUNDER IN NADA INBAM ON LINE CONCERT-14 Sep 2020

Post by hnbhagavan »

excellent series of concerts at nadainbaam.Very dedicated young group of artists deserve applause for their grand performance.

shankarank

Re: BHARAT SUNDER IN NADA INBAM ON LINE CONCERT-14 Sep 2020

Post by shankarank »

Yes Indeed! saTRE vilagi - gravitas is equal to that of parupURNa kAma of Sri tyAgarAja. Isn't this one also a Smt. Brinda staple of kritis? Only Bharat of recent crop can emote this one with poise in the layam.

Karaharapriya had touches from some allied rAgAs here and there. I cannot name them except I know those are from somewhere else. A good effort to make it sound good :D

Sri Balaji was seen sprinkling choicest droplets from raghuvamsa mahAvAkyAni ( the grand sollus of Sri Palghat Raghu School!) that certainly added to the lustre of the renditions. KVG was one step behind him in support and replies during tani.