SAI VIGNESH- FB CONCERT – 19 MAY 2020

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
CRama

SAI VIGNESH- FB CONCERT – 19 MAY 2020

Post by CRama »

Up coming musician Sai Vignesh presented a very enjoyable music concert with only tampura accompaniment for the Mani Krishnaswamy Academy. The one hour concert had the following songs.

- Gajamukhanaye- Sudhadhanyasi- D. Pattammal. (S)
- Ododi Vanden Kannaa- Dharmavathy- Ambujam Krishna
- Annapurne Visalakshi- Sama- MD
- Sree Krishno mam rakshatu- Nasamani- MD- (R,S)
- Govinda nainna namave Chanda- Janasammodini
- Sreenivasa- Hamsanandi

Sai Vignesh is a familiar face for those who watched the Super Singer that was aired four five years back. (I forgot the channel name). Two years back, I heard his partial concert in Ayodhaya Mandapam preceding a Vijaya Siva concert. Currently he is doing his M.A Music and going for advanced music lessons from T.R.Vasudevan- disciple of Chembai and TRS.

Sai Vignesh has a very pleasing voice and has got the musical insights for a successful concert musician. In this concert his alapanas of Dharmavathy and Nasamani (Nasikabhooshani ) were succinct and there was no ambiguity. There was good manodharmam and his gamakams and brighas fell into place accurately. The kriti rendering had poise, feel and conformed to the accepted padantharam. Swaras were nicely built with laya variations successfully handled. The Sudhadhanyasi kriti is a rare kriti. I have heard this only from TRS. The kriti in Nasamani was new to me. An overall atmosphere of peace prevailed during the concert.

Link to the concert given below.
https://www.facebook.com/ManiKrishnaswa ... 777285959/

Mani Krishnaswamy Academy, Mangalore is doing a commendable service by arranging fb concerts by popular as well as upcoming musicians - two per day. I understand their aim is to touch 100 by the end of this lock out period. Congratulations and thanks to the organisers.

Sivaramakrishnan

Re: SAI VIGNESH- FB CONCERT – 19 MAY 2020

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

A very good presentation with select compositions.
Congrats to Sai Vignesh.