AIR CONCERTS

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
ganeshkant

Re: AIR CONCERTS

Post by ganeshkant »

Yesterday 27/03 madras - A 9.30 p.m the concert of chinmaya sisters was very good beautifully supported by kumbakonam.MRG & n.rAmakrishnan ( nephew and son in law of THV).they sang gamgaNapatE with svarams,gnanamOsagaradA (sub main) and krupayApAlaya (main) and dEsamuthumAri of bhArati in sindhubhairavi.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Today morning in the Isaipettagam, there was a very good concert of DKP with Lalitha Svakumar, Usha Rajagopalan, I.Sivakumar and THSubashchandran. Songs- Mamava satatam (Jaganmohini, Tyagaraja), Talli ninnu nera, Ika nannu brova(Bhairavi, Pallavi Seshayya) and Kaanaamal veene (Neelambari, Muthuthandavar). Ika nannu brova- Hyd Bros also have sung this in the exact patantharam.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

S.P.rAmh sang very well in madras- A today supported ably by UR/R.vittal/H.sivarAmakrishnan.vENugAnaloluni with svarams,sub mail latAngi - piravAvaram tArum ,main tOdi - ninnenamminAnu and kAkkaisirahinilE in rAgamAlikai.he sang "theekkuL viral...." instead of viralai.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Today Usha Padmanabhan sang in the 8.45 AM slot. She sang the typical TRS patam. the swaras, neravals all belong to unique TRS style. The songs Shadanane, Sambho Mahadeva (Panthuvarali, a tamil song in Dhanyasi and Giripai. For Sambho Mahadeva she did elaborate neraval at Sambho Mahadeva Saranagata jana rakshaka and sang swaras at Saranagata jana rakshaka. Very good concert.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

ushA padmanAbhan sang very well and the tamizh song was bharati's ethanaikOtiinbam vaithAi engal iraivA...

Today's broadcast had KVN/VVR/UKS.main was nine nammi in tOdi -rupakam of T.annapoorne ,sAma and there were 2 more kritis one of which was ST's in yadukula kAmbOdi.a classic one.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Today is KVN Remembrance day. The Yadukulakambodi of ST must be Mohanamayitava.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

yesterday 01/04 9.30 p.m SumitrA nitin gave a satisfying concert supported by meerA on violin.the sub main was a MV kriti in ranjani and main was manasusvAdheenamaina.she too sang a bhArati song - kANinilam vEndum in rAgamAlikai.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Today (4 April morning slot) Chennai A broadcast TV Sankaranarayanan's concert featuring Pavanaatmaja(Naata), Raamaabhiraama(Durbar), Aandavaney (Shanmukhapriya),Maa Janaki (kamboji) and a Viruttam(hamsanandi). Good. Sanjeev on violin and KV Prasad-Mridangam.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

What a superb concert it was (TVS) !the grandeur of shanmukhapriyA and kAmbOdi brought forth with elan.Hearing sanjeev for the first time with TVS.played very nicely.Another stupendous TVS concert.He also sang pArukkuLLe nalla nAdu in jOnpuri.

Yesterday night broadcast had G.S.Mani/VVR/RsankaranArayaNan.I heard only the main keeravANi and a bhArati song in bAgEsri.It was good.

CRama

Post by CRama »

ganeshkant wrote:yesterday 01/04 9.30 p.m SumitrA nitin gave a satisfying concert supported by meerA on violin.the sub main was a MV kriti in ranjani and main was manasusvAdheenamaina.she too sang a bhArati song - kANinilam vEndum in rAgamAlikai.
It was not Sumithra Nitin- It was Sumithra Vasudev.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Yes,it was sumitrA vAsudEv .Thanks CRama for pointing out.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Saturday night in the NP, there was the violin duet of Mysore Nagaraj and Mysore Manjunath. They have been criticised in this forum for their high decibel in live concerts. But this being the radio concert, it has been well balanced. Raramainti daka, Mariveredik evvaro (A very long Lathangi) and RTP in Kambodi . Excellent concert.

mridhangam

Post by mridhangam »

CRama wrote:Today Usha Padmanabhan sang in the 8.45 AM slot. She sang the typical TRS patam. the swaras, neravals all belong to unique TRS style. The songs Shadanane, Sambho Mahadeva (Panthuvarali, a tamil song in Dhanyasi and Giripai. For Sambho Mahadeva she did elaborate neraval at Sambho Mahadeva Saranagata jana rakshaka and sang swaras at Saranagata jana rakshaka. Very good concert.
Smt Usha Padmanabhan is not a disciple of TRS and she doesn't belong to TRS school. She learnt from Nanganallur Shri Ramanathan and later came under Sangita Kalanidhi Dr R Vedavalli. Just for Info.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Yesterday night 9.30 p.m in madras-A broadcast , an excellent concert by OST supported by nAgai srirAm,tvr bhaktA and h.sivaramakrishnan.the opening no.vinatAsutavA in jayantasEna was lively with sarvalaghu svarams typical of SSI,anurAgamulEni,sankarisankuru with n&S and main mOhanam nannupAlimpa (a grand presentation with srirAm also giving his best) and kAkkaisirahinilE in brindAvani.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Just listened to j.a.jayant's flute concert in fm-gold.sub main sunAdavinOdini was superb and the kriti dEvAdi dEvA was rendered soulfully conveying the meaning of the song.the main tOdi-kArtikEya was also good.he is concluding with a jAvaLi in behAg.he was ably supported by VVSrinivasa rao,UmAli and adam.sankar.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Dr.Salem gAyatri VenkatEsan gave a satisfactory performance in her today's madras-A concert supported by poorNA vaidhy,nellai kaNNan and venkatramaNaN.started with a hameer kalyANi varnam she sang a good bhairavi followed by OdibArayyA with svarams,kalAvati of MD and main kalyANi -nidhichAlasukhamA.last item was in dEsh.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Ganeshkant,CRama,
Coming to this thread after a while. You get many mini concerts the old fashioned way (the only means by which we heard most of our music in our growing up days!).

You seem to have more than one AIR station and so have many performers featured. That Mysuru Bros concert, I would love to hear--in the way they used to play in their concerts.

I think many concerts are pre-recorded? For instance, Nagai Sriram is still touring NA. Are only a few concerts live broadcasts?

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Today morning madras-A featured the concert of mangaLam sankar supported by VLK/RVITTAL/HSRK.a very nice straight concert without any frills.ErAnApai,sub main sriranjani-sogasukhA mridanga tALamu,dEvibrOva-chintAmani and main kalyANi -bhajarEchitha were all presented well.v.g.support by accompanists.

arasi,almost all concerts of AIR are pre-recorded.But sometimes the concerts in FM-gold are broadcast live.Also during dec.season there are live broadcasts of sabha concerts.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Ganeshkant, Thanks for your brief review. The thodi varnam was not Eranapai. It was Sami ninne kori.

Today, in the 9AM slot in Podhigai TV, there was the excellent Veena concert of Prof. Visweswaran of Mysore. Himself being a composer he played two of his compositions elaborately- Hemavathi and Charukesi. A vidwan of great accomplishments, his concert is very rare to come across. His Veena itsef is unique. It is slightly bigger -with a big kudam and the yali turned upwards.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Hearing a very good Nagaswaram concert in the NP- Turavur Narayana Panicker from Kerala. The name is familiar to me. But I might have heard him thirty years back. Vallabha nayagasya, Bagayanayya, a very elaborate Enduku peddala with ragamalika swarams and Visweswar . Thanks to AIR for featuring him in the NP so that people outside Kerala will also know about him and get a chance to hear his wonderful music. Nagaswaram and Veena thrive mainly because of the patronage of AIR. Long live the Prasar Bharathi.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Today Fm-gold 5 p.m featured an excellent concert of bharat sundar accompanied by MSAK/POONGULAM.sub main varALi-ss kriti,intanuchu varnimpataramA,a rare composition of T in very rarely heard gundakriyA with svarams and main an exquisite kAmbOdi-tiruvadicharanam.concluded with bharati's song in rAgamAlikai.the accompanists gave v.g.support.

keerthi

Post by keerthi »

CRama wrote:
Today, in the 9AM slot in Podhigai TV, there was the excellent Veena concert of Prof. Visweswaran of Mysore. Himself being a composer he played two of his compositions elaborately- Hemavathi and Charukesi. A vidwan of great accomplishments, his concert is very rare to come across. His Veena itsef is unique. It is slightly bigger -with a big kudam and the yali turned upwards.
Crama,

Nice that you reviewed Prof. Visweswaran's concert. I am a big fan, and loved his excellent treatment of Dhenuka, followed by teliyalEru. hariyuvatIM in simhArava [cognate of hemavati] had a nice sedate pace, and was marked by sAhitya mITTu-s. However I couldn't discern the AlApana as being particularly distinct from hemavati. The simhAravam Ihave learnt has a few vakra elements that bring to mind the rAga cintAmaNi.

His veeNa, like you pointed out is unique, and he had it made to order from a certain Rudrappa of Mysore, who in Prof. V's own words can be called 'a cakravarti of vINA craftsmen'. Rudrappa's name is still spoken of with awe amongst vainikas and instrument makers in Karnataka.

I cherish one rainy afternoon, when Ramki (vainika in the forum) and I heard the good Prof play an hour long begada and a 1.5 hour long sahana for an audience of two. And another 3 hour concert in a temple, wherein he played a saurASTra, nAyaki and bEgaDa , and three hours had passed. And once at the Essae foundation, when his ' VaiSNava janato' was as memorable as his moving mukhAri; so much so that Vid Neela Ramgopal wrote in the next issue of Sruti magazine, that he deserved the Sangeeta Kalanidhi.

A rare musician, and a very good vAggEyakAra. His songs in rasAli, sAranga, janaranjani and pADi are all beautiful in sAhitya as well as musical meTTu.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Keerthi, Glad that you appreciated my brief review of Prof Visweswaran's concert. Thanks.

In fact, I came to know about his vidwath after my leaving Bangalore. Hence I missed his live concerts in Bangalore- which was also not that frequent when I was there. After getting to know about him, I purchased two Sangeetha casettes- in which he played four ragams- each for 30 mts. Nayaki, Devganadhari, Ahiri and Yadukulakamblodi (not sure), That was really mesmerising. I do have them even now. A reference point for these rakthi ragams.

Coming to that TV programme, I coiuld not listen with intense as there were many guests at home. I could not even identify as Hariyuvathim and I missed the opening number of Denuka. TVG has uploaded the entire cocnert in Sangeethapriya. I will download. Another uniqueness of that concert- there was no contact mike. It was pure nadam of the veena which is rarely heard nowadays. Even without contact mike there was enough amplification. But his concerts are very rare in Chennai. I have not seen any info about his concert in the last six years in Chennai. Whenever I get an opportunity in Chennai, I will listen to his concert positively.

harimau

Post by harimau »

arasi wrote:Ganeshkant,CRama,
I think many concerts are pre-recorded? For instance, Nagai Sriram is still touring NA. Are only a few concerts live broadcasts?
Most concerts are recorded -- each instrument on a separate track, thus the name MTR Auditorium (multi-track auditorium) -- processed for balancing the mics, volume normalised, and then broadcast within a month.

Musicians who are unfamiliar with AIR's work ethics are suckered into playing live concerts. It is not unusual to see the mridangist or violinist arrive two minutes before the concert start and then try to tune his instrument. That could easily cause heartburn if not heart attack for the main artist. After a couple of such incidents, the main artist learns to refuse to perform for a live broadcast.

The Isai Saaral programs on Friday afternoons were digitally recorded before a live audience. One could see the recording technicians signal to the artists on stage. In the video broadcast on Podhigai-TV, all of that would be edited out so the program would be reasonably smooth.

The audio only broadcasts by AIR is based on a single take. Any mistakes in the concert are not corrected. Thus you do get the experience of a live program, warts and all.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

So,for a change it was a 1972 concert of MDR/LGJ/PMI in madras-A today morning.no need to say it was an aural treat.AnandanatanaprakAsam with n,s and a bit fast paced aparAdamulannu,latAngi and main giripai.We all really miss those veterans.hope AIR bothers a little bit to broadcast such concerts in the coming days.

Sivaramakrishnan

The MDR concert in Chennai-A today was a timely tribute on the 31st anniversary of the legendary Vidwan.
The first kriti in Kedaram was Bhajanaseyavey O Manasa of Anaiyya. This concert is occasionally broadcast in the Isai pettagam (Sunday morning slot) by AIR.

Sivaramakrishnan

Thanks CRama and Keerthi for the information on Prof Visweswaran's Veena concert in DD. (I could not watch it-a real miss).

A Vainika Gayaka, literally immersed in music of the highest order he is a fine exponent of the art of playing the divine instrument. I listened to a concert of his at the famous Aanjaneya Temple in Nanaganallur, Chennai several years ago and it was a revelation of sorts. The Veena was with the Vyaali facing upwards (as CRama has noted). He also played a couple of his own compositions (one in Saraswathi if I remember correct) with introductory remarks apart from detailing the importance and peculiarities of the instrument. A Mahaavidwaan indeed, rare to find.

In one of the National programmes or Radio sangit sammelans many years back, he began the concert with Dhenuka aalapana (for Teliyaleru) bringing the entire ragawaroopa with a single opening 'meettu'.

I wonder why his concerts rarely appear in Chennai Sabhas.

keerthi, I must be talking to forumite Vainika to get details on the great presentations mentioned by you!

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Today madras-A 8.45 a.m brindA manickavAchakam gave a good concert which carried weight with melody.her AlApanais sure remind one of her illustrious guru SV.she sang neevAda with svarams,marivere ,Anandabhairavi with r,n&S,sri ranganAtham-danyAsi of MD and main jagadeeswari in mOhanam.she signed off with vAzhiyachenthamizh in madhyamavati.good support given by G.bhArati/RVittal and HSRK.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Yesterday's night concert of SV was interesting because of the inclusion of kritis that are seldom heard.Also the accompanists MAK/PK/HSRK gave excellent support to lift the concert.The concert started with an AlApanai of yadukula kAmbOdi followed by dayacherAmuni with svarams,vAchaspati AlApanai next saw ennAduni kripakalkunO with n@pannakasayana,s.neerajAkshi was sung with piety.Thiruvisanallur rAmakrishnan's composition paripAlimchu in suddha sAvEri was sung before the main bhairavi - sarievaremma with n,s,t.villinaiyotha of bhArati in a kAvadichindhu mettu and thandayaNi - tirupuhazh in madhyamAvati was the last item.

keerthi

Post by keerthi »

SV was interesting because of the inclusion of kritis that are seldom heard.Also the accompanists MAK/PK/HSRK gave excellent support to lift the concert.The concert started with an AlApanai of yadukula kAmbOdi followed by dayacherAmuni with svarams,vAchaspati AlApanai next saw ennAduni kripakalkunO with n@pannakasayana,s.neerajAkshi was sung with piety.Thiruvisanallur rAmakrishnan's composition paripAlimchu in suddha sAvEri was sung before the main bhairavi - sarievaremma with n,s,t.villinaiyotha of bhArati in a kAvadichindhu mettu and thandayaNi - tirupuhazh in madhyamAvati was the last item.
Smt. Suguna's song-lists are enough to gladden one's heart, the actual (exceptional) singing is a precious bonus.

nI dayacE rAma is a beautiful song, and like you've rightly pointed out, seldom sung/heard. Even when sung, we hear a bowdlerised version, leaving out all the kAkali niSAda sangatis. In this song, rama is described as 'vara-tyAgarAja-vAg-cEl'AvRta' - one who is draped in the robes of tyAgarAja's song.

I hope sari evaramma was sung with a correct caraNam, and not the (prevalent) mix-and-match version with two lines from one and two lines from another caranam.

arasi

Post by arasi »

nI dayacE rAma is dear to me--the rAgA and the kruti--and I have heard Sanjay sing it.

bhArathi's villinaiyotta puruvam vaLaittanai vElavA vaDi vElavA was tuned, sung and recorded by VVSadagopan in the late forties. To this day, it's a pleasure to hear it--especially in his centenary year. Thanks to Suguna V for singing it :)

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

ganeshkant wrote:.Thiruvisanallur rAmakrishnan's composition paripAlimchu in suddha sAvEri was sung before
Thiruvisainallur Venkatarama Shastry' is the composer not ramakrishnan

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

yesterday night madras-A 9.30 p.m concert of mahA.rAmachandran was v.g.the sub main sriranjani(is it sree vanadurge?) and main kAmakshi in varALi were good.he sang 2 bhArati songs - chuttumvizhi chudarthAn in rAgamAlikai and veLLaikamalathilE in mOhanam.MAK/RR/HSRK gave good support.

I was in a dilemma today morning.both AIR and dd-podhihai featured TNS concert.I stuck to dd.sAvEri-kannathalli and AbhOgi RTP.MC/TN'DRAN/SSKUMAR - NICE ACCOMPANIMENTS.THE VOICE WAS IN GOOD SHAPE.

Sivaramakrishnan

AIR in their Ravi vasareeya (Sunday) National prog on 03 May aired a concert of Dr Radha Venkatachalam - a prime disciple of (late) Prof T R Subramaniam. I don't remember the names of the accompanists, but presumably from Andhra.

The concert started with varnam in Hamirkalyani. The main item was a RTP in Nalinakanti set to Misra Triputa (2 kalai wth eduppu in first finger) with the raga name landing at the Arudi. She did adequate justice to the various segments of RTP and the TRS bani manifested throughout. The concert concluded with a sloka in Surati.

She overcame a rather recalcitrant voice with vyavahaara and bhava and the accompanists too performed well.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Wednesday (06/05) 9.30 p.m chennai-A was an awesome violin concert by VVS supported by VVR and TVG.I think the first item was a varnam in shud.danyAsi announced as VVS's own composition.vinAyakA with a short sketch of hamsadhwani,a composition of MD reNukA dEvi in kannada bangaLa which was soaked in melody and emotion,T's kriti in kaikavasi with a mini AlAp,sub main lalitA - nannnubrOva and main marakatavalleem,kAmbOdi.TVG gave a subdued performance throughout which made the concert contemplative.

Sivaramakrishnan

AIR Chennai in their Isai pettagam (archival concerts ) on Sunday mornings invariably repeat a given set of concerts of yesteryear stalwarts. I would request AIR to unearth rarely broadcast concerts or those with different items(kritis) or pakkamelams. I wonder if there is any restriction to air old National progs or Sangit sammelan recordings or vintage progs. This will encourage radio listeners.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Today in Isaipettagam there was the excellent concert of Lalgudi Jayarman iwth Palghat Mani yer- contained, Mamava Meenakshi, Padavini, O Rangasayi etc. This has been relayed earlier many times. Hence the crib of Sivaramakrishnan.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

We all have such cribs against AIR.But we must remember that it is run by govt.and so not exempted from apathy.a lot depends on the director though.

Today madras-A 8.45 a.m concert slot had g.mAdhavan on vocals supported by l.rAmakrishNan on violin.the whole concert was satisfactory.swaminAtha - nAtai,emthaninne sabari bhAgyamu with n.s @kannulAra,kOteeswara iyer song in gAyakapriyA,main keeravANi-kaligiyunte and a song in khamAs.good attempt.

Sivaramakrishnan

I happened to listen to AIR Ragam DTH service which airs several concerts including old recordings. We can devote some of the stale TV channels viewing time to Ragam (you get only audio-it doesn't matter). Today afternoon Tiruvaiyaru Namasivayam's concert (parama pavana Rama -p.kalyani) was very good. DTH seems to be a day long service.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

How to get DTH ? dd says it is free.

Today madras-A 8.45 a.m - MAK gave an excellent violin solo performance supported by shertala AK & madi.murali.after playing nArayaNa gowLai varNam he played a scintillating shanmukhapriyA.my mind traveled back 30 years to a 1 hr.violin solo by his famous father MSA @ MA mini hall supported by rAmanAd MNKandasAmy.he played shanmukhapriyA followed by sharavanabhavaennum.that was also a great concert.the organizer after the concert thus told "MSA beautifully capsuled a 3hr.concert into 1hr."true.the performance lingered long in one's memory.

MAK here played the ever popular marivErE as sub main.tOdi main had dAsarAtE.last was chinnamchiruliLiyE in the usual rAgamAlikA. ak & mm supported very well.

Sivaramakrishnan

ganeshkant, DTH will be available in all TV connections wth Dish type receptors. Airtel, dishtv etc are popular with Online payment facilities. AIR Ragam progs also include devotional music, harikatha, features etc.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

15/05,9.30 p.m madras-A concert of anurAdhA krishnamoorthy d/o kvn was good.she sang the sob main vasantA brilliantly,the song was mAdhayai with n.s.the main simhEndramadhyamam was satisfactory-ninne nammidhi.sudhA r.s.iyer,tanjore bAlakrishnan and shankar supported well.

jayasri & jayaraj's veena duet today morning was good.sidhdhi vinAyakam-chAmaram,rasamanjari kriti of MD and main pakkalaneelapadi with tAnam after rAgam in kkpriyA was v.g,supported by shertala AK and ghatam.

8 a.m dd-national thrissur VR with mas/rr/kartik gave a v.g.mini concert.sarasAngi kriti ( switched on when he was singing svarams),meenAkshi -poorvi kalyANi were the 2 nos.sung.

Sivaramakrishnan

Jeyasri -Jeyaraj Veena concert followed S Balachander bani in several 'pidis'. Didn't they play Divakaratanujam (Y kambhoji-Dikshitar)?

Missed VR's DD concert!

Sivaramakrishnan

M Chandresekharan's violin in the national programme on 16th was very good. Main kriti was Paahi jagajjanani in Vachaspathi(Swati Tirunal)

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

yes.JJ played divakara....nicely.I missed MC concert.

Today isaipettaham had 1981 recording of SGR supported nicely by sikkil bhAskaran/madras kaNNan/pAlghAt sundaram/pakkirisAmy.all tamizh songs unheard before.sub main pantuvarALi and main kkpriyA.his way of singing rAgam was exclusive.I like his singing for his metallic voice.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

k.p.nandini's concert today in madras-A was technically v.g.her AlApanais of hindOLam-nambikettavareveraiyA and main kAnadA (mAmavasadA)saw sangatis flowing one after another without interruption.Probably if she can internalize the musical assets she has little more,she will turn out a very good artist.s.p.anadapadmanAbha's replies were classically rich and full of melody.pApanAsam kumAr played very well.she ended with nenjukku needhiyum of bhArati in sindu bhairavi.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Today's concert of madras-A was a live broadcast.T.V.rAmprasAd/kum.gOpinAth/RR/nergunam sankar gave a good concert.the opening song was in sAvEri.next followed bhudhamAsrayAmi,sub-main nAsikAbhooshaNI-mAravairi in Adi-tisranadai.the whole exercise was commendable, I mean R&S.the main was also satisfactory-mukhAri-emdhaninnEsabaribhAgyamu with n@pallavi.the replies by gOpi and short tani by RR&sankar were all good.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Yesterday (22/05) 9.30 p.m madras-A ,GG gave a satisfactory concert supported by dr.narmadA,shertalai AK .the sub main sAranga tharangini - samAnarahitE and main was kEdAragowLai -saraguNapAlimpa.

Today sAkEtarAman supported by shErtalai sivakumAr,RR and sankar gave a satisfactory concert.padmAvatiramaNam (poorvi kalyANi) and ivanyArOendreNNAmalE - sankarAbharaNam were sung nicely.

Just listened to swarna rEthAs(dis.of sanjay) in FM-gold.has a rich voice.sang in D (2 kattai).the main in bilahari -sri chAmundeeswari was sung very well.the sub main rAmaneesamAnamevarO was satisfactory.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

27/05,9.30 p.m,madras-A,varalakshmi AnandkumAr supported by meerA SRK & hanumantApuram bhoovarAhan gave a good concert.aparAmabhakti with n&s @ lakshmidEvivalachunA ,ninuvinAmarigalada in reedhigowLai,submain bahudAri with a v.g.AlApanai sadAnandatAndavam,main tOdi-srisubharamanyA and the last item was ARI's bilahari thillAnA.most of you may know that she is a dis.of DKJ.sang well.

Today 8.45 a.m sandeep nArayaNan supported by SV,JV gave a good concert.the best thing about his singing is he follows his guru's style closely yet his singing is more refined which is really laudable.sanjay can be proud of his disciple.sub main Anandabhairavi(O jagadambA ,I think) and main kalyANi (a kriti of T in misrachApu),the svarams he sang for nAttai the opening no.warrants mention for its creativity.He can be counted upon.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

28/05,10.10 p.m fm-gold featured the veena concert of R.harirAm iyer supported by KVP/NERKUNAM.his meettu and svarashuddham were v.g.sarasvati composition of GNB,main keeravANI with an engaging tAnam - innamum sandhehappadalAmA,annamayya songs in hindOLam & madhyamavAti were all played very well.he is new to me.