Mandolin Srinivas in MA- 5 Raga - RTP..

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
grsastrigal

Mandolin Srinivas in MA- 5 Raga - RTP..

Post by grsastrigal »

5 Raga (RTP) by Mandolin-MA
Selvaganesh
Srimushnam rAjA rAo
Giridhar udupa
Srinivasa Rao - violin
When a team like the above plays tani avardhanam in Music Academy, the best acoustics place in Chennai today, it is worth the money you paid for the ticket. Wait ...Wait.
The above tani was free because Mandolin Srinivas played one RTP with 5 Ragas in kanda JAti truputa tAla.. the ragas are
Shankarabharanam
Bhavapriya
Vasantha
Abheri
Tanaroopi.
This was one of the best RTPs (in instruments) section, I have heard. He played eachof the ragas for 4 min, return by violin 3 min and tAnam 3 rAgas combined. Pallavi goes like this “Tirumalayil karuNaikkadalai irukkinRan.....”
I don’t know why he picked these rAgas (any combination in swarAs ?). But this mandolin genius produced a breathtaking tAnams, it was a silken touch while changing rAgams in between.
Evari bodhana-Abhogi-varNam
Mahaganapathim-MD-nattai
RanganAyagam-MD-nAyagi
mAyAmalavagowla-Tulasitala mulacHe- Thyagarajar
Dhandamu pettuna-balahamsa-Thyagarjar
RTP
Sai Bajan
Tillana-bAgeshree
Srinivasa Rao’s violin was like a shadow for mandolin. The exchange of swarAs between Violin and mandolin in RTP was very good.
Last edited by grsastrigal on 27 Dec 2012, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

harimau

Re: Mandolin Srinivas in MA- 5 Raga - RTP..

Post by harimau »

grsastrigal wrote:
One kriti in balahamsa-Thyagarjar
Dandamu Pettenura - Balahamsa

sairaam

Post by sairaam »

The way he played the same korvai for each raga towards the end - just amazing.. Still i feel thani was not upto the mark.. There was no 'vyavaharam'. For the nearly half an hour thani, which by itself is way too much time for seniormost Greats, they should have done some justice with respect to 'Maths' part of it...

Btwn i think the pallavi is ''karunaikadalai''not '' karunaikadai''

madmusic

Post by madmusic »

I attended this concert too. After Balahamsa, which was brisk, Shri U Shrinivas played the kriti raa raa maa intuku in Asaveri. Also, the thillanna was in Kadanakutuhala and not Bageshri.

madmusic

Post by madmusic »

And yes, VV Srinivasa Rao co-operated very well by ensuring he just kept the taala and did not interfere too much by playing. That allowed us to listen to just the serene strings of mandolin without any disturbance!

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Recording of this Panca rAgA has surfaced on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIbVavs1Az8