Sanjay @ Bramha Gana Sabha

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
madhyamar

Post by madhyamar »

sridhar_ranga

Post by sridhar_ranga »

Just posting the songlist...corrections welcome. RTP was awesome. It was a 3 hr 15 min concert. MR Gopinath on Violin was excellent. Percussion support from B. Harikumar (Mridangam) and Kovai Mohanram (Ghatam) was just perfect too.

1. jalajAkshi (v) - chakravAkam
2. Siva chidambaramE - nAgaswarAvaLi
3. sari neekE - kAnaDa - Calcutta Krishnamurthy
4. ellAm Sivan seyal enRE - vasantA (RS)
5. SivE pAhimAm - KalyAni - T(RNST) NS@charAcharamayi KarAravindamuna rAmachiluka
6. vA vElavA - tAnarUpi - kOTeeswara iyer
7. RTP Sivaranjani - kAkkai chiraginile nandalAlA ninRan kariya niRam tOnRudaiyE nandalAlA - khanda jati triputa 2 kalai (S in Sivaranjani, HameerkalyAni?, ?)
8. tunbam nErgayil - dEsh - bhArati dAsan
9. ADum mayilAi uruveDuttu - viruttam + kalpagAmbikai neeyallavO - behAg
10. kulam tarum - viruttam + nArAyananai tudippAi nenjamE - kOmalAngi
11. mangaLam - pavamAna
Last edited by sridhar_ranga on 11 Dec 2009, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

sridrect

Post by sridrect »

Awesome concert. Sanjay has opened the season with a stunner of a concert. I have just made a few modifications to the song list already given earlier.

1. jalajAkshi (v) - chakravAkam
2. Siva chidambaramE - nAgaswarAvaLi - Muttu Tandavar
3. sari neekE - kAnaDa - Calcutta Krishnamurthy (Sanjay's Guru)
4. ellAm Sivan seyal enRE - vasantA (RS) - Suddhananda Bharati
5. SivE pAhimAm - KalyAni - T(RNST) NS@charAcharamayi KarAravindamuna rAmachiluka - Thyagaraja
6. vA vElavA - tAnarUpi - kOTeeswara iyer
7. RTP Sivaranjani - kAkkai chiraginile nandalAlA ninRan kariya niRam tOnRudaiyE nandalAlA - khanda jati triputa 2 kalai (S in Sivaranjani, HameerkalyAni, Pantuvarali)
8. tunbam nErgayil - dEsh - bhArati dAsan
9. ADum mayilAi uruveDuttu - viruttam + kalpagAmbikai neeyallavO - behAg - Papanasam Sivan
10. kulam tarum - viruttam + nArAyananai tudippAi nenjamE - kOmalAngi - Ragava Ramanujadasar
11. mangaLam - pavamAna

With only Rs.50/- ticket available (seating on the dias) it was an entry made at the right time. There were close to 75 odd people on the dias (young and old) enjoying one of the brilliant concerts of the MASTER. I am sure there are many more yet to come this season. The highlight of the concert were:

1. Neraval at "Anjale Anjale...." for the Vasantha piece
2. The main piece of the concert had everything
3. The Sivaranjani RTP

I had the opportunity to talk to the MASTER after the concert and even that little interaction was magic. I requested for RTPs in a couple of specific raagams in the coming concerts and the MASTER said "Adhukkena paadina pochu......". So folks watch out this coming week.
Last edited by sridrect on 11 Dec 2009, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

srinivasrgvn

Post by srinivasrgvn »

-
Last edited by srinivasrgvn on 26 Dec 2009, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

bilahari

Post by bilahari »

I have the same question as Srinivas. Sivaranjani just about fits into a round of ragamaliga swaras without boring me to tears, so Sanjay must've done something really extraordinary with it to draw such positive feedback from two rasikas! Also, did he use other swaras like D1, G3, etc? That might have added more variety to the presentation.

srinivasrgvn

Post by srinivasrgvn »

-
Last edited by srinivasrgvn on 26 Dec 2009, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

saianamika

Post by saianamika »

The last raga in RTP was Poorvi.

sridhar_ranga

Post by sridhar_ranga »

bilahari wrote:Also, did he use other swaras like D1, G3, etc? That might have added more variety to the presentation.
I wish I knew such things, Bilahari and SR :-) When I try to recall that RTP now, all that I am able to come up with is it was 45 minutes of pure bliss. Over to the experts.

Babu

Post by Babu »

Call it Sanjay Magic regarding the RTP in Sivaranjini. I am still waiting for a review by Sri. Kedaram if he was in the audience.. Every Sanjay concert is a treat to listen to.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Kedharam,
Curtain call...

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

arasi
being sanjay, I thought you would be there too!
Are you not at chennai yet?

arasi

Post by arasi »

CML,
Not yet.

rajaglan

Post by rajaglan »

sridrect wrote:Awesome concert. Sanjay has opened the season with a stunner of a concert. I have just made a few modifications to the song list already given earlier.

''''''''''''''''''
I had the opportunity to talk to the MASTER after the concert and even that little interaction was magic. I requested for RTPs in a couple of specific raagams in the coming concerts and the MASTER said "Adhukkena paadina pochu......". So folks watch out this coming week.
Did you say Jog raga?
I like to listen to this raga as the KJY song on his highness abdullah is a haunting one.

vikri322

Re: Sanjay @ Bramha Gana Sabha

Post by vikri322 »

Dear sir/ madam,
Can anyone please share the jalajakshi varnam in chakravagam ragam? Thank you.
Krithikaa
krithikaavijay@gmail.com