Happy Weekend! - Ramakrishnan Murthy Concert

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
Sachi_R

Happy Weekend! - Ramakrishnan Murthy Concert

Post by Sachi_R »

https://youtu.be/1s0b4UoOSoc

If you are like me, somewhat tired of canned short musical videos that impress you for all the airbrushing, autotuning, zoom mixing and short-attention-span-targetting; and then are wanting to go to a really nice concert this weekend, this is the one.

Ramakrishnan Murthy's voice has a freshness and flavour like the best of mangoes in season. The violin is resonant and full-blooded. The mridangam sounds just perfect. There is energetic khanjira too.

The visual shows RKM rising in the clouds like the sun enjoying a break from monsoon. You will also get the same feeling!

Beautiful Bhairavi.

The uploader has wrongly mentioned it as Upacharamu jeseva. It is my fav. Upacharamanulanu Chekonavayya. It has a fab. niraval.

By the way I am informed by an ardent rasikaa that this was also on YT in 2014. Search for Tandora Networks on YT. If you do so you get a bonus. You will know who the accompanists are.

Oh for the good old times when we weren't scared to lift up our faces and take a deep breath! Without a mask! And even shake hands with God!

Best part of it. You will not strain your eyes watching this YT. It is only audio.

Further tip. Listen to it on VLC with its great equaliser and pop up player.
Use headphones. Mangoes are best eaten in one's privacy.

Enjoy the weekend!

Sachi_R

Re: Happy Weekend! - Ramakrishnan Murthy Concert

Post by Sachi_R »

Thank you HNB!

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

My mind was initially reading how he only sang chinna upachuramu as we call that is only submain. I know mohanam vandan vandan cannot be a main. ANy way you clarified that he sang the periya upachAramulanu . Bhairavi by RKM has been special . Nowadays YT carnatic is dangerous , i am having a feeling that excess YT will take away the good/bad habit of hearing live concerts .

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Yes, Rajesh, well said! Indeed the periya upacharamu.

I have loved this song from childhood and it defines Bhairavi for me.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

@HNB,
The Madhuradhwani concert also has excellent accompaniment. I especially like Sri. Trichur Narendran's mridangam. I knew him very well in 80s when he frequently accompanied "KVN Mama".

Remember we were sitting together in the Vijayanagar RKM concert where also he played, 😊

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

RSachi,

I very well remember!
Excellent music and food too!