Aditya Madhavan for Nada Inbam, 08.04.2021

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
sureshvv

Aditya Madhavan for Nada Inbam, 08.04.2021

Post by sureshvv »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwvVsu-kfR4

Accompanists:

B.U.Ganesh Prasad
J. Vaidyanathan
Sunil Kumar (K)

What a difference a couple of years make! Surely it cannot be just because of the top accompanists sharing the stage with him. Heard him last at vani mahal for an afternoon concert and was somewhat favorably inclined, but he has blossomed into a monster talent today. I am sure we will be hearing a lot more from him in the months and years to come.

rajeshnat

Re: Aditya Madhavan for Nada Inbam, 08.04.2021

Post by rajeshnat »

I have heard his name but not heard him in any concert . Thanks SureshVv heard first two . Well done , after maaru balka was thinking may be he is falling under supernova umbrella Semmangudi. But this song Maarubalka, every one independent of school adapts only from srinivasa Higher

But as guessed he is from that school,. Also he is a sishya parampara of TM Thyarajan who is also a phenom. I donot know much about Radha Namboodhiri looks he and his guru Radha is from mumbai express team!!

Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer - TM Thyagarajan - Radha Namboodiri - Aditya Narayanan

Best wishes for Aditya Madhavan

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

What I found interesting was that it was not obvious from his singing that he was a student of Sanjay. It took a bit longer (until he started with a Mazhavai Chidambara Bharthi song) than it usually does and that speaks well for his all round vidwat.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Suresh, You will agree with me in this aspect. Adithya Madhavan is a disciple of Sanjay. But his music is not carbon copy of Sanjay- like some of Sanjay's disciples.
On the other hand, Venkatanagarajan has never said he is a disciple of Sanjay. Everywhere he says about Ambujam Vedantham Mami oniy. But his music- song list, rare varnams, facial expressions, hand gestures, singing, everything reminds you of Sanjay.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

100% agree re. Aditya Madhavan.

Re. Venkatanagarajan, I find his head movements quite distracting. Hope he can work on that. Sanjay himself used to have some exaggerated gestures early on in his career that he was able to eventually get rid of. So I know it is possible.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Suresh I agree with you. Hope Venkatanagarajan will see this.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

I loved Sandeep say 12 years back. Few days back heard venkatnagarajan for the first time. He is fantastic.both certainly take a lot of sanjay. Agreed that closing eyes venkatnagarajan may miss the sustained connection with rasikas. Regarding carbon copy i like great ideas gettting repeated and I just don't dismiss musicians as carbon copies because that is lord brahmas fault......
;)

Last week I heard one trichur ramachandran what a flow with his recording. I am some what happy despite not being born when gnb was singing.Trichur ramachandran sings with such finesse.

The only problem with especially those who have gnb or ssi school is just way too many to choose, unfortunately their marketing power decides their long term success.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

The problem wiith Carbon Copies is that it is impossible to be 100% accurate. And the more they try, the more you see how much they fall short of the original.

Better to make an adjacent path for oneself. Smart musicians figure this out and make appropriate course corrections. A few are so overcome by their hero worship that they are unable to get out of that mode.

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

Srirangam Venkatanagarajan sings so well
I love his style - I never associated him with Sanjay though - SVN has got very good azuththam whereas Sanjay always I found bit breezy
Also yes noticed the head shaking and also right side mouth twisting stage habit of SVN
Does not bother me but Hope he can change that

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

Trichy Ambujam Vedaantham Maami - whose student is she ?

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »