M.N. Kandaswamy Pillai

Carnatic Musicians
raghavt

Post by raghavt »

Dear nick H Sir,

As I mentioned earlier in some other thread, I saw you calling out to Sankaran sir from your car in front of the MA in Dec 2008... We'll try to meet in Dec 2009 @ Chennai - The Best Place to Be in December and January

~ Raghav.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Oh gosh... That was a bad morning! I had gone out early (I am a night bird, and not an early riser), to meet with some people, all of whom I missed, then I found I could have attended Sri Snkaran's lecdem instead of running around!

Any way. We made contact, if unknowingly, so it was not all bad!

And please... Thank you, but I am not a "sir" to anybody, quite apart from the fact that I believe in keeping the forum informal :).

raghavt

Post by raghavt »

Sure, I agree to your views dear nick H :) Please message me @ raghavendran_t@dell.com I will wait for your message

~ Raghav.
Last edited by raghavt on 18 Sep 2009, 00:44, edited 1 time in total.

rasaali

Post by rasaali »

mridhangam wrote:Dear Members

Would appreciate if anyone has a few recordings of mama getting uploaded here. I shall also try to find out.
Tku
J.Balaji
Dear JB Sir and other fellow rasikas

Here is an AIR Recording where Sri MNK has played. It is a violin duet by my Guru Sri Kovai Dakshinamurthy and his sister late Smt B Gyanambal.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1af3 ... f6e8ebb871

Best regards,
Rasaali

rajanp

Post by rajanp »

Aum

The following is the full life History of Sri M N Kandaswami Guru, I interviewed him personally on 20 Novemeber 1983 in his Gurus house.

Heritage of the Guru Ramnathapuram Sri. M. N Kandaswami: Mridangam & Kanjira Vidwan

FAMILY TREE

(M N Kandaswami’s Mothers Father)-Vidwan A Rathinam Pillai-(B. 1850-D.1941) (Nadasvaram-Vocal, Violin Mridangam Harmonium)
(Contemporary of Poochi Srinivasa, Patnam Subramaniam, Guru Manpundia Pillai, Vidwan Padikasu Pulavar)
(Was Awarded a Gold Nadasvaram in 1918, by King Bhaskara Sethupathi of Ramnad)
(He taught vocal, Flute, Violin, Harmonium, Mridangam etc.)

M N Kandaswami’s own father)-Vidwan Nagarathnam Pillai (B. ) (son of Muthu Pillai) he was a Vocalist and mathamatician
Taught music and lived long time in Ceylon, has disciples there)
Close associate and guide of Guru Manpundia Pillai.)

Vidwan M N Kandaswami’s family

Eldest Brother Late Sri.M.N.Natesan Pillai.
(Born 1906-Died 1966)

He learnt music at a very young age from A. Rathinam Pillai .He played flute and sang. He was artiste on A.I.R Trichy. He also made 2 Columbia "78"

rajanp

Post by rajanp »

Aum

How do i place photos on this page ofr Sri MN Kandaswami?

s_hari

Post by s_hari »

you can upload the picture in www.tinypic.com and copy, paste the url here

-hari

Rajan Padiachi

M.N. Kandaswamy Pillai

Post by Rajan Padiachi »

Aum Gurunathar Thunai.
Does anyone have or knwo of the Foreign video concerts of the great vidwan MN Kandaswami.
he performed on Ethiopian TV ( with Velolore Ramabadran - 1970S) amd USSR ( with Mani Ma-1990S )
Aum
Rajan