Abhishek Iyer

Carnatic Musicians
rajeshnat

Abhishek Iyer

Post by rajeshnat »

This thread is not for Abhishek Raghuram .
Abhishek Iyer or Abby used to write lovely reviews with his id Abhishek at the age of 17. This abhishek is student of Raji Gopalakrishnan and quite recently i just read that he also has picked up from Raga sisters . I recollect now that mahavishnu wrote a lovely review of his concert when he was in toronto.

All said in the last few day in whats app his 73 ragas in rapid fire round is going viral . WE are proud of your voice , your speed to sing 73 ragas in sucession. I think it is not staged at all or may be minimally recorded. What jiva pidis that comes as alapana he sings , else he just some times takes a route for few ragas where he goes to few distinct krithis , sudden burst into taanam for shanmughapriya, just a little bit of hamsanadam where he ends with rama nAma manE .At times in nasikabhooshani he just sings the song . In short if alapana does not come immediately he even takes a route of singing lines of popular krithi .Abhishek has a Very very strong masculine and rich texture - I wish he takes full time CM.

Abby with his 73 ragas is in the below link is a bountiful aural richness of spontaneity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KK1ZsK6FxI
@Abhishek proud of you and your world performance of different genres of music .If you think the thread title has to be renamed bit differrently request the mods.

Pratyaksham Bala

Re: Abhishek Iyer

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

Deleted.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

After the first set of 73 ragas, it looks like there is another set of 73 ragas. What talent with our forumite Abhishek from toronto. He has great voice , ideas that come lightning fast (perhaps a jump from his illustrious guru Raji Gopalakrishnan to another phenomenal parama guru Like Taala Raaga Swaroopan). Music just speaks with spontaneity. ABhishek seated in a siddhartha basu quiz rapid fire with 73 questions.Wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq2jNxHzJeM

Here is a review that Mahavishnu wrote of his live concert
www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17208

@Abhishek
Where are you in carnatic music concert scene . Are you in concert circuit giving concerts in North America.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

I knew yesterday that it was Happy Yoga Day and Happy Fathers Day. What I did not know till the end of the day that it was also Happy Music Day.

Our once wonder kid Abhishek is also introducing his appa .Nice one great show by appa -son duo on Music and Fathers Day.

Kudos to Guru Sishya parampara of Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer- TM Thyagarajan - Raji Gopalakrishnan - Abby :D . Special mention also to Abby Paramagurus like TR Balamani, P V Natarajan(appa of vidushi Raji) and TS Krishnaswamy Bhagavathar . Also I understand Abby is learning from Raga sisters , so let me not forget to mention another paramaguru PSN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvOhqmuDQAg .

I dont know appa's name. Let me call him Abhishek Highest till i know his name as he is the father of Abhishek Higher.

@Abhishek
Where are you in carnatic music concert scene . Are you in concert circuit giving concerts atleast in North America.
Last edited by rajeshnat on 22 Jun 2020, 07:48, edited 2 times in total.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Father is Venky V. He also sings well.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Writeup of our fellow forumite . At the age of 2 power 4 plus 1 , he wrote a lovely review of his guru Raji Gopalakrishnan and then wrote few reviews that happened in toronto inclusive of his other guru Ranjani Gayatri sisters. I also recollect one lovely review where mahavishnu wrote about Abby performance , there was a superb pallavi that he sang

Abby is very very popular with his rapid fire ragas. So many many friends who think kurai ondrum and krishna BeganE Baaro types who have not gone beyond that in CM , adore Abby . I am sure his voice is magical to all ears .Wondering what is his trajectory of CM right now. Best wishes. This writeup is from The Hindu dated Aug 05,2021. If he is reading , he himself can write.

https://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/ ... 743190.ece