S Varadarajan

Carnatic Musicians
rajeshnat

S Varadarajan

Post by rajeshnat »

One of the most brilliant violinist of this era is S Varadarajan (varadu). There is a nice youtube clip I saw ,tx to shri ramaverma gesture.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFvMZ_R6nbc

I loved the introduction by shri verma and I just wished that Varadu also thanked his first guru Kanchi Janaradhanam apart from shri TVG who was also his guru. There was just one opportunity for Varadu at chennai which I could not hear in the last year , hoping to hear a solo violin of his . He has one performing disciple M Vijay who is also making a mark. In the age of high count of excess quality vocalist , Varadu stands tall in a comparitively lower count of quality violinist and in the last few years he is always my top three . God bless varadu , let him become the next LGJ+MSG+TNK and many greats like the violin trio.
Last edited by rajeshnat on 06 Jun 2014, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

rajeshnat

Re: S Varadarajan

Post by rajeshnat »

Shri verma stated that varadarajan started playing from young age land egendary guru PRof TVG. I think factually it is Varadu started playing from young age after he learnt from kanchi janardham and then he continued much later with TVG . There is a blip in communication by shri varma.

I would like to know when varadu started giving his concert(at which age ) and also the years where each of his gurus helped him.
Last edited by rajeshnat on 06 Jun 2014, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

anonymityatlast

Post by anonymityatlast »

There was just one opportunity for Varadu at chennai which I could not hear in the last year , hoping to hear a solo violin of his .
I believe he is hesitant to accept invitations for solo concerts.

shruthi6

Post by shruthi6 »

I do not think Varadarajan has been under the tutelage of M A Venugopal. He started his initial training from Kanchi S Janardhanam and later went on to advanced lessons from the Legendary TVG Sir.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

shruthi6 wrote:I do not think Varadarajan has been under the tutelage of M A Venugopal. He started his initial training from Kanchi S Janardhanam and later went on to advanced lessons from the Legendary TVG Sir.
Shrurthi6,
I reread the blog again of sanjay where there was a mention of MA Venugopal where he has mentioned varadu. That was my source. Only two vocalist learnt from MA Venugopal and it is not explicitly mentioned that Varadu learnt . Varadu's two gurus are Kanchi S Janardham and TVG . Tx for your correction.

Anonymityatlast,
He may be hesitant in playing solo concerts , it is one of those tricky situations that every violin artist face . But I hope to hear him - in general it is just one or two a year in chennai , if you miss you have to wait another 1 or 2 years . He has a special melody and elegance.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

There was just one opportunity for Varadu at chennai which I could not hear in the last year
This was a t RS Hall? I would have been there, and it was very good indeed.

There are really not very many opportunities for solo violin at all. I wish there were more.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Pramod the writer and varadu the violinist have given a brilliant Q and A interview. Few answers were also in line with praise of sanjay which was not a surprise. I wish I buy also Indian express atleast in december

All said Varadu is this generation fantastic accompanist, bhava with right proportion and shadowing always the voalist. If he is there the concert is always a mega hit. My earlier years were he playing for TVS and early days of TMK.

Can some one let me know if the photo of the guru is Kanchi Janardhan

https://indianexpress.com/article/citie ... y-7071452/

God Bless Varadu