Trichur V. Ramachandran

Carnatic Musicians
rajeshnat

Re: Trichur V. Ramachandran

Post by rajeshnat »

Lovely writeup on the latest sangeetha kalanidhi
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/che ... 150869.ece

Is there any recordings Of trichur Ramachandran - Maharajapuram Santhanam / S kalyanaraman . If some one has access can they share please.?

mohan

Post by mohan »

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Varsha put this link of TVR- MC combo, may I know who is the mrudangist
Shri TVR singing rangapura vihArA

http://www.mediafire.com/?6u3zx4b32oyd8zf

camaraderie between them , two decades ago , in a bangalore concert

============

Thank you varsha, I am speechless . What a great vidwan is shri TVR, what brigas and what control of his voice . Today I listend back to back of this rangapura vihara of TVR and KamalApta kula of manakkal, it is the adaptation of following GNB in full and singing this raga brindavana saranga, which I am assuming shri GNB has not sung . Thank you thank you varsha. For this alone shri TVR should be given another kalAnidhi.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Thrissur Ramachandran- the torch bearer of GNB bani.

In another thread, Rajeshnat has requested me to share my experiences of hearing concerts of this esteemed vidwan and that egged me to share my experiences with the forumites. I will ensure that my narration will not be testing the patience of the readers.

Before talking about the music of TVR, I should tell about my family background. My family is from Trivandrum.

MY father and mother – both were lovers of Carnatic music. My mother was very beautiful and she used to sing very well. She did not get formal training in music as she lost her parents at a very tender age and was brought up by some relatives. But her athai was quite close to Muthiah Bhagavatar who was the principal of the Swati Tirunal Academy at that time and offered to put my mother to music education free of charges. But the other conservative family members would not permit the girl to go for college education. Thus it never materialised. But she had a good voice and she would learn all MS songs of those days and sing them with precision. My mother would be singing all the songs when she is doing daily chores at home. That is my early remembrance. My father was working in a textile shop- H.A.K. & Sons, the biggest shop in Trivandrum and my father would come home at night 9 or 10 PM and after that he would request my mother to sing. She used to learn from Music lessons from Trivandrum Radio and music from radio will be heard in my house throughout the day. Radio Ceylon, Vividhbharati, Madras Radio, and other radio stations with varying levels of reception used to be heard always. My mother was a great fan of GNB besides MS and my father was a great admirer of Madurai Mani Iyer. Music of all the other musicians were also appreciated in the family.

Thus I was attracted to Carnatic music from a very early age. I was never interested in film songs. Many other cousins were also musically oriented and whenever any guests come, there would be a jamming session.

After the passing away of GNB, naturally, my mother very much liked Thrissur Ramachandran because of the voice texture, the brisk style he adopted, the bani he continued, the ragams he rendered- same as GNB- Many Swati Tirunal kritis in his repertoire. His alapanas of Panthuvarali, Lathangi, Saveri, Shanmugapriya, Kambodi, Bhairavi, Thodi were wholesome with his golden voice, amazing brighas that fell in its proper place. He followed the bani of his Guru in exploring the ragams in a step by step method. Through him only we heard many kritis of GNB. His slokams in all the concerts would be much anticipated by all the rasikas. Slokams from Narayaneeyam and other compositions. In the tukkada segments, he would sing GNB popularised pieces like Sonnadai seythida, Nalla sakunam nokki, Karanam kettu vadi etc which all were favourites of music lovers of those days. TVR along with his illustrious spouse Mrs. Charumati Ramachandran and daughter Subhasree are carrying forward the GNB bani with dedication.

In fact Tanjavur S. Kalyanaraman was not that much favoured in our house as he lacked the voice power of GNB and we were not that much musically erudite to understand his musical qualities. Other GNB disciples like M.L.Vasanthakumari and Radha Jayalakshmi were also our family favourites.

Karthika Tirunal Theatre is the prime auditorium in TVM and it is very near my house. I was a member there and used to attend all concerts of Sree Swati Tirunal Sangeetha sabha . There used to be monthly concerts and also series of concerts on the occasion of the birth day of Chithira Tirunal Maharaja, birthday of Amma Maharani, Swati Tirunal festival and Thyagaraja Utsavam. All popular musicians of the period used to come there and I have heard Chembai, MLV, Semmangudi, Balamurali, Voleti, Nedunuri, KVN, DKJ, DKP, TMT, TRS, TVR, TNS, Dr.SRamanathan, Santhanam, Radha Jayalakshmi, Mani Krishnaswamy, Bombay Sisters,- every body I have heard from my childhood. Among instrumentalists I have heard Chittibabu, T.N.Krishnan, Lalgudi, MSG, M.Chandrasekharan, T.Rukmini, T.R.Mahalingam, K.S.Gopalakrishnan, Ramani etc, I would have heard Palghat Mani Iyer. But I don’t remember. Navarathri Mandapam was nearby and I had gone for a few concerts initially with my mother and later alone. Another venue was Teerthapada mandapam which is adjacent to Karthika Tirunal Theatre where every year, a series of concerts for ten days used to happen where all great vidwans of the period used to participate. Sri Ramachandran Nair, IAS, used to organise the festivals. He is the composer Tulasivanam and the concerts will be used to popularise his compositions. Another festival was the Soorya festival. Then the State Govt organised lot of music concerts in various venues for the Onam festival. Plus many other temple festivals. Thus I had the opportunity of listening to great vidwans and vidushis right from my childhood.

May 1 is the Remembrance day of GNB. One of my early memories of TVR is a lecture demonstration he gave in the Kartika Tirunal Theatre under the auspices of Sree Swati Tirunal Sangeetha sabha. Till that time, we have heard only very few compositions of GNB. In that lec dem, VR presented many unheard kritis of GNB in his golden voice laced with anecdotes and experiences during his Gurukulavasam under GNB. Still I remember he sang portions of GNB kritis in Bhairavi, Keeravani, Kambodi, Shanmugapriya, Natakurinji etc which are even now very rarely heard in the concert circuit

Thrissur Ramachandran is a regular singer in the Navarathri Mandapam from the later half of seventees. He had good very good repertoire of Swati Tirunal kritis and we will be delighted to hear many rare kritis of Swati in each of his concerts. The Navarathri Mandapam is one place, where the artiste devotes ample time to explore the hidden depth of the main ragam which you can never get in other venues. Plus the tanam part of the ragam. VR has rendered all big ragams like Kalyani, Sankarabharanam, Saveri, Thodi, Bhairavi – I think all the days in Navarathri Mandapam and I very much enjoyed his elaborate raga alapanas.

For the Swati Tirunal festival, AIR stations of Kerala used to organise music concerts and would be relayed over radio for 90 minutes. One concert of TVR in the early 80s was amazing for the selection and performance. The song list was.
• Sarasayatha lochana- Athana
• Jaya jaya Raghurama- Sahana
• Seve Sree Kantham
• Bhogeendrasayinam
• Bhavadeeyakatha- Bhairavi.
In the above list, three kritis are rare kritis of Swati Tirunal which we had never heard till that time. Bhavadeeyakatha is from the Nava vidha bhakthi kritis of ST. My favourite ragams on any day are Kambodi, Bhairavi, Saveri and Shanmugapriya. I will be floored if anybody sings these ragam admirably. In the above concert, VR’s exposition of Bhairavi was amazing. From this concert onwards, I used to collect all recordings of TVR.

There is a famous Ganapathy temple in Trivandrum- Pazhavangady Ganapathy Temple. My house was in the adjoining street to the temple. Circa 1984 there was a TVR concert in that temple and I went to hear the concert. I remember he sang Brocheva in Khamas and the main song was Karikalabhamukham with elaborate alapana, swarams. TVR was in full form with his attractive stage presence, booming voice and the good audience turnout in the temple precincts. He sang elaborate swaras for Brocheva in the Chembai style Kathiri swarams. I repented that I did not bring my tape recorder. (I got job in the year `1977 and purchased my first portable tape recorder in the year 1979.) In the audience, I saw a young man who works in my section with a senior mama who was recording the concert and moving very closely with TVR. Next day in the office I asked that young man about the mama who was recording. He was Mr. Uma Maheswaran, a retired bank officer, a connoisseur of music and who had moved very closely with Semmangudi, GNB and others and who was promoting TVR in TVM. I got introduced to that Mama through him and from that day, there was no looking back. He was a good singer- having a voice like SG Kittappa. To him, GNB is God. He used to tell me while telling some negative stories about Semmangudi. “Can Semmangudi sing Andolika like GNB. I will cut my ear if he does”. I was a frequent visitor to his house, shared lot of recordings from him, he used to tell me stories of his interactions with the great musicians and we were a good company. I was a very young man- not having great experience or knowledge in music and I used to hear everything with awe. From that Mama, I could get the concert recordings of TVR. I think I lost that cassette somewhere. It was that Mama, who educated me on the subtle nuances in the music of S.Kalyanaraman and gave me lot of recordings of SKR, TMT, Nedunuri, Voleti etc. (To be continued….)

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Crama
Thank you for writing after my request . THis musician Trichur Ramachandran is a brilliant classical musician ,for many who have not been born in the era of GNB he is unquestionably the best musician to bring in GNB shine(considering SKR and MLV considerably deviated ) . I particularly like one number which no one has ever sung that like him before which i will write it bit later. His ideas have a lot of hindustani angle to it . IT is wrong just to dismiss him as just a GNB like musician , he internalized and brought in a lot of ideas like GNB into carnatic and definitely personally lifted my taste of classical carnatic music . His vigour is really heculean at times.

Write more crama , you are blessed to have an appa with MMI pivot, amma with GNB pivot and a SSI home ground trivandrum .What else you needed then to start your journey of carnatic music with 3 carnatic vocal trinity namely MMI-SSI-GNB. I recollect some post before you also stated that you have heard GNB live concert as a toddler that your parents took.

All,
ONe of the best GNB and TVR numbers that I adore is this cute little dhavala roopa in ANandabhairavi , a tiruppugazh special classical polish to give a great new facet of anandabhairavi . Here is TVR rendition

https://youtu.be/10bHW6HaaPs?t=3375

CRama

Post by CRama »

Thanks Rajesh, Dhavalaroopa is a very lovely piece. But I doubt whether it is Tirupugazh. I read something long back. But now do not recollect.

Yes. My mother had taken me to Navarathri Mandapam concert of GNB and also Alathur Sreenivasa Iyer. But I was too small and I dont remember anything.

Will continue my recollections.

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

'Dhavala rUpa' song is indeed Tirupugazh
written by Arunagirinathar on Lord Muruga of Tiruchirapalli.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Has any one access to the double concert of Maharajapuram Santhanam and Trichur Ramachandran? If yes please let us know the url . IF any one who has attended that concert of these two vidwans singing together do also post.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Thrissur Ramachandran- contd.....

Whenever TVR came to TVM, he was staying in UM mama’s house and I used to go there and be a fly in the wall for long hours. He shared lot of anecdotes about GNB, his Gurukulavasam and about his recent concerts. He is such a decent person that he never utters any unpleasant thing about other musicians. There will be some music sessions also. Once I provided him Swati Tirunal kritis book to learn some kriti.

It was at this time that the Narayaneeyam records of TVR were released. They were released in 5 casettes of 90 minutes each (10 LP records). They were released in instalments. The first LP was released in Guruvayur temple in a befitting function. Narayaneeyam is very special to the devotees of Kerala as Bhagavata Upanyasam, Saptahams are very popular in many temples. Melpathur Narayana Bhattathiri composed these 1000 slokams on Lord Guruvayurappan to get cured of his vada rogam (arthritis). It is said that Guruvayurappan appeared and sat before him and enjoyed the Narayaneeyam. The Upanyasam of Brahmasree Sengalipuram Anantharama Deekshitar on Narayanaeeyam was very famous. Already P.Leela’s Narayaneeyam LP with music by V. Dakshinamurthy containing the first and last dasakams and Rasakreeda were very popular. But this was the first time the entire Narayaneeyam was released in records. This was a herculean task on the part of the singer. The Sanskrit language used in Narayaneeyam is rather difficult to learn for the uninitiated people. TVR’s Narayaneeyam was an admirable blend of sahithyam, sangeetham and bhakthi. The music was by veteran music director S.V.Venkataraman. The first cassette started with Gowla, then Dhanyasi and other rakthi ragams. One dasakam- 10 slokams will be rendered in one ragam and thus the entire Narayaneeyam was rendered in 100 ragams with simple music interludes and no repetition of ragams. TVR pronunciation was impeccable. He consulted Sanskrit pundits while recording the slokams. The raga bhavam was amazingly brought out in the slokams. GNB and then VR have impressed the music aficionados with the ragamalika slokams in their concerts and now Narayaneeyam was much welcomed by a wide cross section of rasikas. I bought these casettes and daily my mother used to learn the Narayaneeyam from the casettes referring to the book. Narayaneeyam and Soundaryalahari were recited by my mother daily till her death in 2007 in Kolkata. Whenever we go on flight or train, my mother would carry Soundaryalahari book and keep on reading them. So Narayaneeyam records were another influence for our appreciation of TVR music. There would be requests for Narayaneeyam in most of his concerts which he would render as ragamalika slokams in the end.

But the Narayaneeyam records, some how, did not get the popularity it deserved. Probably the devotees expected a more leisurely treatment.

The Sangeetha cassette released its first TVR cassette with M.Chandrasekharan and Srimushnam raja Rao. This was the best cassette of TVR for the selection of songs, music, as well as the stereo recording. The songs in this cassette are.

• Swaminatha paripalaya
• Marivere dik evvaro- Lathangi- (R,N,S)
• Yajnatulu- Jayamanohari
• Ninnu pokada tarama- Kunthalavarali- GNB
• Parvathi nayakane saranam- Shanmugapriya- PS-(R,S)
• Tani avartanam
• Dhavalaroopa Saraswathy- Anandabhairavi- Tirupugazh

Link https://youtu.be/10bHW6HaaPs?t=3375

This was one of its kind. We had not heard till that time Yajnatulu, Ninnu pokada tarama and of course, the main song Parvati nayagane saranam. His raga alapanas of Lathangi iand Shanmugapriya were much captivating. His alapanas are a class, direct, no ambiguity in treatment, step by step progression, judicious mix of brighas, gamakams etc. The notes in his brighas will exactly fall in the swara sthanams. He has been tṛained by two masters- GNB and MLV. who were an authority in this aspect.

As far as I remember, he took up grand ragams, rakthi ragams for alapana. Never remember him taking up a rare ragam and experimenting with it or even vivadi ragams. That Shanmugapriya alapana was simply grand- had all the characteristics I explained earlier. The kriti is very much suitable to be sung as main kriti in a concert with appropriate lines for neraval and swarams. TVR sang swarams in the charanam lines Nee maravadenai aal Jagadeesa- taking nii as swaraksharam. Much impressive. The song Marivere had neraval in the pallavi lines and the alapana, swarams everything were succinct. It concluded with Dhavalaroopa. Many other commercial casettes were released and I bought all of them.

Regarding his alapana of a rare ragam, once in Malleswaram Sangeetha Sabha, he rendered RTP in the ragam Sumanesaranjani. Till now I am not sure with contours of this ragam.

As I told earlier, Saveri is one of my favourite ragams. I wanted to hear his singing Saveri in the Navarathri Mandapam, but it was not coming for him. Once as usual, I met him in UM mama’s house a day before a concert and I requested him to sing Saveri as the main song – elaborately as you sing in Navarathri Mandapam- in the next days concert. I don’t remember the venue. I was humbled when he obliged my request and sang a very absorbing Saveri in the next days concert. The entire song without tani went upto 45 minutes. The song was Sree Rajagopala. In the same concert he sang an attractive song Kaana kann ayiram vendum Muruga- in the ragam Nagaswarali. I don’t know who is the composer and till now I have not heard that song from any other vidwan. I still have the recording. Other songs were Sree Valli deva senapathe, Sadaramava in Suruti etc.

Concerts in Navarathri Mandapam.

I have attended many of his concerts in Navarathri Mandapam for he was a regular performer there. Once T.V.Sankaranarayanan was to sing on the eighth day- main song Pahi Janani Santhatham. I have never heard Natakurinji from TVS (even now), so was eagerly anticipating. But some bereavement in his family and he cancelled. TVR came as a substitute and sang a splendid Natakurinji. Till that time I have never heard such a detailed alapana of this ragam and was much impressed.

Another concert worth mentioning here is from 2002. I was working as District Dev Manager in Thrissur and decided to go to TVM for Navarathri. In the programme schedule I saw TVR with MAS and UKS. So I planned so as to attend that concert. But in the end UKS did not come and Mannargudi Easwaran played. I was sitting right in front of the musicians and it was a much elevating experience. For those who are sitting there, it is a mikeless concert. Mike is provided only for recording by AIR and also for rasikas who would be sitting outside on the steps of Padmanabhaswamy temple to hear the concert. That day the main song was Janani Mamava in Bhairavi- my favourite song. TVR presented a well planned alapana, tanam, neraval and swarams and many other songs which included Kalayami Raghu ramam in Begada, Sarojanabha in Chakravakam, Paripalaya Saraseeruha in Panthuvarali, Gangeyavasanadhara etc. He also sang Bhavayami Raghuramam. That day I observed from very close quarters, the Mridangam of Easwaran Sir and was much impressed with his dexterity, clarity, variety of strokes and overall soukhyam.

For getting recordings, I wont mind knocking anybody’s door any number of times. I got the complete recording of this concert.

Some of the rare kritis of ST he sang in the Navarathri Mandapam.
Balagopala- Mukhari
Bhajasina- Sivaranjani
Namasudharasamayi- Sindubhairavi
Gopalabhakthim- Bagesree – Now it has become popular.
Pahi Pankajanabha- Abheri.
(To be continued)

CRama

Post by CRama »

Narayanaeeyam - dasakams 1-17 link given below.
https://youtu.be/ILeftynom-w

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Few points that CRama wrote on Narayaneeyam and Trichur Ramachandran as a reply to a concert review:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reg Narayaneeyam.
Rajesh, Narayaneeyam is a magnum opus composition of Narayana Bhattathiri in Sanskrit composed when he was afflicted by Vaatha rogam (Arthritis) praying to Lord Guruvayoorappan to cure his disease. It has got 1000 slokams divided into 100 dasakams, each dasakam will end with his prayer to Krishna to cure him of the disease. It is said that Krishna sat before him and heard the Narayaneeyam. It contains entire Bhagavata puranam. Chembai, being a great bhaktha of Guruvayoorappan, used to sing the first slokam (Agre pasyami) and/or the last slokam (Yogeendranam) in various ragams in his concerts. This was greatly looked forward by the rasikas in his concerts.

Thrissur Ramachandran has given LP records (10 records) of the full Narayaneeyam- 1000 slokams in 100 ragams. Herculian task indeed. An excellent rendition. Music is by S.V.Venkatraman and he has chosen most appropriate ragams for the verses. But these records became popular only among CM aficionados. V.Ramachandran used to sing select slokams from Narayaneeyam in his concerts as Ragamalika slokams which had received wide appreciation from the music lovers. But the LP record given by P.Leela containing select verses (IIRC, first dasakam, Rasakreeda and last dasakam) tuned by V.Dakshinamurthy has taken Narayaneeyam to each household of devotees and is in great demand even now. Very melodious and bhakthi laden singing of P.Leela with the music in chaste Carnatic ragas by the legendary music composer Dakshinamurthy is everybody’s delight any day.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Being a native of Trivandrum and a 'contemporary' of CRama, I am able to easily relate to most of his accounts on music in Trivandrum.

The 17 years from 1967-1984 is the golden musical phase in my life when I could attend almost all the the concerts at Navaratri Mandapam (of course all concerts of MDR) including quite a few of young Trichur V Ramachandran who was perhaps at the peak of his musical career during the eighties. Kalayami Raghuramam (Begada), Sevey Srikantham (Mohanakalyani) were his favourites. My father (who took me to the concerts during the initial years) would recollect GNB's power packed rendering of Begada at the same venue. TVR was at ease with all the Navaratri kritis though Suddhasaveri (Janani Paahi) impressed me a lot. I have had also the fortune of meeting (rather seeing!) the great musicians at the nearby Bhajanapura palace which provided excellent boarding and lodging facilities for the vidwans and I remember to have seen TVR there on a few occasions.

I remember one interesting incident that happened in the late seventies. AIR Trivandrum had organised Radio Sangit Sammelan concerts at the Tagore theatre. TVR and Flute T R Mahalingam (Mali) were to perform concerts of one and a half hour each. The first slot from 6 pm was by TVR (with VV Subramaniam and Mavaelikara Krishnankutty Nair IIRC) and he sang a brilliant Mamava Karunayaa (Shanmukhapriya - with neraval and swaras at Kaamita daana lola) as the main piece. There was a huge crowd waiting for Mali who began much late by 8 pm. The maestro landed on a RTP in Sindhubhairavi as the second item with scholarly Pallavi putting the accompanists to task occsionally. Many who were looking for short kritis or rakti ragas were rather disappointed and started leaving. Ultimately the evening ended up as TVR's!.

I have also listened to TVR in concert at Ernakulam, Trichur etc.during 70s-80s.

I specifically remember a cassette exclusively of Narayana theerthar tarangams sung by TVR his wife and daughter, a beautiful production.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

CRama wrote: 08 May 2020, 17:27 But the Narayaneeyam records, some how, did not get the popularity it deserved. Probably the devotees expected a more leisurely treatment.
Apart from what you stated , possibly my guess for atleast 3 to 4 decades in devotional albums or recordings HMV with MS Subhalakshmi grabbed the attention of all devotees and rasikas for those decades. Possibly in those devotional casette days apart from half to one dozen ms amma casettes atleast in my house Kanda sasti kavacham by soolamangalam sisters took considerable mindshare. I did not even know about this narayaneeyam till you wrote about it.

Trichur Ramachandran has phenomenallly sung . I am assuming Kerelites and those who regularly worship Guruvayoorappan may all know about this. For folks like me who are more from the delta belt of TN , we all were not even conditioned to even one song of guruvayoorappan . Certainly other than your mother 99 percent of devotees/ rasikas cannot repeat even one phrase of Trichur Ramachandran .

On a tangential point for me these ragamaligas have some special charm . I used to have near my house in Nungambakkam at a temple premise by name Upanishad ashram . Every year in whole of 80's radha kalyana utsavam sung by Triplicane Bhajana Mandali particularly by Late Krishnamurthy Bhagavathar was simply awesome . You just dont know 95 percent of ragas , but still classical music is slowly sowed in and they never leave you for life.

I am assuming folks like you particularly being in trivandrum and with musicians like SSI ,GNB then MDR, KVN, MLV and bit later TVR, TVS etc visiting frequently the classical music depth and awarenesss is much more deeper and is much much more earlier . Thanks to also your parents who did not have the internet to switch everything at home and they made you focussed on basic classical music .

IF you have any photos of TVR and family of those eras please also share. Pass to me by whats app I will upload on your behalf.

I just completed 2 dasakams of narayaneeyam , I may listen another 3 more and stop for today/tomorrow..For many verses TVR and GNB just merge and TVR is musically brilliant

CRama

Post by CRama »

Thrissur Ramachandran 3 (Contd).....

In 1987, I was transferred to Bangalore and continued there till 1995. Musically for me, this was the most enriching period, as I travelled throughout the city of Bangalore in my Yezdi bike and heard concerts. I got huge collection of music from many sources. I was very lucky to get the concerts from many senior connoisseurs of music who were very possessive about their collections. I always remember those gentlemen with gratitude. I also shared my collections with many people. We built a very big group of Sangeetha rasikas spread over many states and even outside the country.

I got chances of hearing TVR in many venues- Malleswaram Sangeetha Sabha, Gayana samaja, Rama Seva Mandali, Seshadripuram, Odukkathur Mutt, Venugopalaswamy temple. I collected recordings of most of the concerts that I attended. It was around that time that he had got trained in HM from Pandit Krishnanand. He took extra care in sruti alignment and infusing sowkhyam in his concerts. But he never mixed CM and HM. While singing Carnatic ragams like Panthuvarali, he never brought in shades of HM. He was constantly expanding his repertoire. All the concerts of TVR in Bangalore attracted huge audiences.

Coming in the MLV lineage, TVR had many Kannada compositions in his kitty and that too he was going on adding new compositions and the Kannada audience loved his music intensely. There are some very famous non Kannada musicians, whose diction was many times faulty and the Kannada people made fun of such people. By this time, I learned Kannada- mainly to understand the Kannada songs. I can speak good Kannada but not read or write Kannada. Ramachandran always planned his concerts fitting to the occasion. For Ramanavami concerts, he chose all songs on Rama and a heavy dose of Thyagaraja kritis. IN Gokulashtami concerts, he chose all kritis on Krishna. That too, I felt his Gokulashtami concerts in Venugopalaswami temple, Malleswaram attained significant heights due to the divine ambience in the temple, the devotion he infused in his songs and the highly receptive audience. I heard many concerts in that temple. I remember one concert accompanied by Mysore Nagaraj and Umayalpuram Sivaraman in which he sang an amazing Thodi for Sree Krishnam bhaja manasa. The following songs, he rendered in that temple on various occasions are very much etched in my memory.
• Ganamurthy- with swarams
• Naan enu maadideno- Paras- with lot of cracker swarams
• Narayana- Sudhadhanyasi
• Pahi Pankajanabha- Abheri- Swati Tirunal
• Sree Krishnam bhaja manasa
• Smarasada manasa- Bilahari- Swati Tirunal
• Kodubega divyamathi-Arabhi- Purandaradasa
• Nambi kettavar ilavo
• Entha cheluvaga- Sankarabharanam
• Moorudiyanu nilliso- Khamas
• Ee vela nannu brovaraa- Khamas
• Santhana gopalakrishnam- Khamas
• Harikatha sravana mado- Reetigowla
• Mama hridaye- Reetigowla

The rendition of Entha cheluvaga by TVR needs special mention. I don’t know how many people have heard that. He used to sing that in a brisk Tisra nadai in Sankarabharanam. This song is sung by D.K.Pattammal and her school in a leisurely Manirang. TVR used to sing this in a brisk style with abundant swarams, but no raga alapana. With good pakkavadyams it will lift the concert to a higher plane. I understand that now Sanjay Subramaniam has sung it in Yagapriya. I have not heard that. There may be other versions also. I have never them nor interested to hear other versions.

I maintained good friendship with many organisers of concerts. I was very close with the organiser in Venugopalaswamy temple and I impressed upon him to arrange the concerts of Mani Krishnaswamy, B.V.Raman and Lakshmanan, Neyyattinkara Vasudevan, T.N. Seshagopalan, T.R.Subramaniam etc.

Circa 1987, I heard a concert of TVR in Bangalore Gayana Samaja. TVR accompanied by G.J.R.Krishnan and Vellore Ramabhadran. I think this was the only concert I heard GJR as an accompanist. This was a very memorable concert of TVR with top notch accompaniments and had some very nice songs rendered with verve, imagination and appreciative team spirit. The following were the major songs n that concert.

• Sakalagraha bala neene- Athana.
• Dinamanivamsa- Harikambodi.
• Sattaleni- Naganandini.
• Ninne nammithinayya- Simhendramadhyamam (Main song)
• Entha cheluvaga- Sankarabharanam.
• RTP-Karaharapriya.
• Kannanai kanpatheppo- Ragamalika.
• Paramakripasagari- Yadukulakambod...
• Emanivegunthene- Huseni.

Involved presentation of songs with the great pakkavadyam support made the concert one of its kind. TVR’s voice in full form, sruti fidelity, manodharmam, all contributed to the richness of the concert. The energetic kalpanaswaras for Dinamanai vamsa and Yentha cheluvaga drew the appreciation of the large audience. This was the first time I heard Sattaleni in Nagnandini. The concert exceeded three hours. GJRK violin was full of sowkhyam and elegance.

I remember a Sivarathri concert in Odukathur Mutt accompanied by H.K.Venkatram and Arjun Kumar where he started with Parameswara in Nata and the main song was Parvathi nayagane saranam and RTP in Natakurinji. All the songs like Sambo Mahadeva in Panthuvarali, Nadaloludai, Chandrasekharam in Margahindolam were on Lord Siva for the Sivarathri. It was mindboggling concert for more than three and half hours.

I got transferred to Mumbai in the year 1995. In BARC, there was one concert of TVR accompanied by M.A.Sundaresan and Thrissur Narendran circa 2000. The venue was far away for me and difficult to commute. So previous day we went and stayed in my sister in law’s house in Chembur and we all attended this concert. I think this was the only concert of TVR I attended in Mumbai – but a memorable one it was. Had Meenakshi memudam, Kamalamba samrakshatumam, Upacharamulanu as main song and RTP in Begada. There was one song in Athana- Tiruvarul tara kana vicharama of Papanasam Sivan. Link to this song is given below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J--qtNseA-0

I saw one person recording and I paid a hefty sum to get the recording of the concert. But it was worth the trouble I have taken. The only RTP in Begada I have of TVR.

Thus I have followed him for many years and enjoyed many many concerts of this gifted vidwan. Plus he released many commercial recordings and all of them provide great listening pleasure. There are many radio concerts that I have listened which are equally unforgettable.
Last edited by CRama on 15 May 2020, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

CRama wrote: 14 May 2020, 14:11The rendition of Entha cheluvaga by TVR needs special mention. I don’t know how many people have heard that. He used to sing that in a brisk Tisra nadai in Sankarabharanam. This song is sung by D.K.Pattammal and her school in a leisurely Manirang. TVR used to sing this in a brisk style with abundant swarams, but no raga alapana. With good pakkavadyams it will lift the concert to a higher plane. I understand that now Sanjay Subramaniam has sung it in Yagapriya. I have not heard that. There may be other versions also. I have never them nor interested to hear other versions.
I seem to remember Sri Vijay Siva singing this nindA stuti in AbhEri/karnATaka dEvagAndhAri, and I assumed Smt. DKP did the same. Do you have a link to the version in maNirangu? Would love to hear it.
enthA celuvagE magaLa koTTanu, girirAjanu nODammammA is a lovely composition of Sri Puradandara Dasaru along the lines of yEdukittanai mODi tAn umakku. There are several versions available on youtube, including the one by Sri Sanjay S in yAgapriya, but I really like the (full), no-frills version by Sri Vidyabhushana best.

CRama

Post by CRama »

rshankar. you are right. DKP version is in Karnataka devagandhari. Not Manirang. Slip of memory. Because I like the Sankarabharanam version, other versions dont stick to my memory. I have also heard Vijaya Siva singing that. That's why I wrote DKP school.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Thank you for clarifying. Is there a link to Sri TVR's version?

CRama

Post by CRama »

Link to TVR-GKRK-Vellore Ramabhadran Entha cheluvaga-

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jttw8vaf ... m.mp3/file

mohan

Post by mohan »

rajeshnat wrote: 09 May 2020, 12:33 Thrissur Ramachandran has given LP records (10 records) of the full Narayaneeyam- 1000 slokams in 100 ragams. Herculian task indeed. An excellent rendition. Music is by S.V.Venkatraman and he has chosen most appropriate ragams for the verses.
The full Narayaneeyam audio by Sri TVR is available currently on YouTube at https://youtu.be/ILeftynom-w

mohan

Post by mohan »

CRama wrote: 15 May 2020, 12:52 Link to TVR-GKRK-Vellore Ramabhadran Entha cheluvaga-
Thanks CRama - the kalpana svarams were very enjoyable! Would love to hear this full concert!

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

@mohan
I remember many years you have told me that you immensely enjoy this vidwan Trichur Ramachandran and he is your favorite. Can you recolllect lot of his best concerts that you have heard. Some time some one said there are concerts that Trichur Ramachandran and Maharajapuram Santham have paired ,have you heard them

CRama

Post by CRama »

mohan wrote: 16 May 2020, 18:51
CRama wrote: 15 May 2020, 12:52 Link to TVR-GKRK-Vellore Ramabhadran Entha cheluvaga-
Thanks CRama - the kalpana svarams were very enjoyable! Would love to hear this full concert!
Thanks Mohan, Give me your mail id. I will send you the concert.

mohan

Post by mohan »

rajeshnat wrote: 19 May 2020, 17:16 @mohan
I remember many years you have told me that you immensely enjoy this vidwan Trichur Ramachandran and he is your favorite. Can you recolllect lot of his best concerts that you have heard. Some time some one said there are concerts that Trichur Ramachandran and Maharajapuram Santham have paired ,have you heard them
Rajesh - My favourite concert is that of TVR at Shastri Hall around 1990 or 91 with M Chandrasekhar and Palghat Raghu. I think it was GNB by Raga Tarangini sabha. I attended that concert and it featured a brilliant kambhoji (Sri Subramanyena Namaste) and true to the GNB style. There was also a bilahari (paritanamichite) & pantuvarali.

Generally, like his guru, he is renowned for alapanas and his favourites are thodi, kambhoji, sankarabharanam and kalyani.

rahm221

Post by rahm221 »

Hi CRama,

Can you send me the concert as well? The one requested by Mohan. My mail id is rahm221@yahoo.com

CRama

Post by CRama »

rahm221, I have sent you the concert. Request you to write your impressions about the concert in this forum.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jttw8vaf ... m.mp3/file
Thank you! It’s indeed beautiful.

RSR

Post by RSR »

@CRama
This thread rings with authenticity and spirit of true 'rasika'...the moment CRama began his gripping narrative. ( @ 54,59,60,64).
Many things I liked, NaraayaNeeyam 1000 couplets in chaste Sanskrit, a ragamalika of 100 ragas!, set to music by S.V.Venkataraman, .. and a touch of genuine personal recollections, without any exaggeration.
Keralites are fortunate. Their mother-tongue is so close to Sanskrit.
and with Sri.Sivaranmakrishnan, also of KeraLam, the duo are best representatives of lifelong dedication to the art of being a rasika of great music. with many more decades of service in store.
That said, I have a grouse.
I have been pleading that CR uploads as much as possible of all his treasured collections of concerts in tape with notes, to GOOGLE DRIVE.
It is absolutely free. True, it would take up a lot of time and labour , but at some stage , it is as worthwhile to share as 'listening' . I would even assert that sharing is more important...not only views, reminiscences but the actual music itself. if he does not already have a blog, he must begin one forthwith and share the audio links .
As many of tapes are non-commercial, he can split up the concerts into sections, and then upload to youtube. Having a blog, a song storehouse for concerts and a youtube channel , are three essentials for any veteran connoisseur like Sri.CR. and a duty. Only he can give the events in proper time-scale and occasions. as notes.
it would be great if he gives the opening lines of the 100 sections and the corresponding ragam chosen by SVVenkataraman. I can then place the texts and information and even English translation ( which I had located in the web, some months back). It will surely get good traction. What is the use of a website if Google does not locate it and display in first page? Yours will surely get that ranking if related to NaraayaNeeyam.

CRama

Post by CRama »

RSR. Thank you for your appreciating words. I fear I cannot come upto your expectations of opening blogs, you tube channel etc. I dont have technical knowledge or time for that. I dont mind sharing my music. I have shared with any one who have requested.

But I have complied with another request of you. I have started listing out the 100 ragams of Narayaneeyam. For that I have started hearing the entire slokam. Half of the punyam is due to you. For this, I have to refer to the lyrics also to write it correctly. Any how, I am happy to listen to this after many years. Thanks to you for inspiring me.

CRama

Post by CRama »

DASAKAM RAGAM STARTING WORDS
1 Gowla Saandraanandaava
2 Dhanyasi Surya spharthi
3 Begada Pathantho namaani
4 Shanmuapriya Kalyathaam mama
5 Varali Vyaktha vyaktha
6 Malayamarutham Evam chaturdasa
7 Abhogi Evam deva
8 Keeravani Evam thaavath
9 Khamas Vidagdha kamala
10 Hindolam Vaikuntha varjitha
11 Bhairavi Kramena sarge
12 Athana Vaayam guno
13 Lathangi Hiranyaaksham
14 Bahudari Kamanusprutha
15 Reetigowla Matirihaguna
16 Poorvikalyani Dakshovidimcha
17 Sahana Uthaanapaada
18 Paras Jaadasya dhruvakula
19 Sudhasaveri Pruthosthu napthva
20 Reetigowla Priyamvadasya
21 Bhowli Madhyodbhave
22 Sudhadhanyasi Ajaamilo nama
23 Tilang Prachetha sasthu
24 Manirang Hiranyakshe
25 Kambodi Sthambhe ghatayatho
26 Devagandhari Indradyumna
27 Simhendramadhyamam Durvaso
28 Amritavarshini Garalam taralaananam
29 Kuntalavarali Udhachasthva
30 Kharaharapriya Sakrena samyathi
31 Kannada Preethyaa daithya
32 Thodi Pura hyagreeva
33 Devamanohari Vyvasyatha

RSR

Post by RSR »

@79
@CRama
Sir, Thank you. I find that Saregama have donated to youtube, the Naaraayaneeyam as rendered by Trichur Ramachandran. Others also have uploaded the same. . I will try my best to create a site for this and place the audio, ragam information, sanskrit text, English translation and if I am lucky, the Tamizh translation also.
May I request you to confirm these URLs?
Licensed to YouTube by
saregama (on behalf of Saregama); BMI - Broadcast Music Inc., Saregama Publishing, The Royalty Network (Publishing), and 1 Music Rights Societies

---------------------------------------
SRIMAN NARAYANEEYAM 1 (DASAKAMS 1-17) BY TRICHUR V. RAMACHANDRAN. SHREEJIT ...
https://youtu.be/ILeftynom-w
----------------------
Song
Dasakam 18-33
Artist
Trichur V. Ramachandran
Album
Srimannarayaneeyam - Trichur V. Ramachandran [2]
https://youtu.be/-UI5RwEREV0
-------------------------------
SRIMAN NARAYANEEYAM 3 (DASAKAMS 34-51) BY TRICHUR V. RAMACHANDRAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qky7qtTkaKM
-------------------------------
SRIMAN NARAYANEEYAM 4 (DASAKAMS 52-72) BY TRICHUR V. RAMACHANDRAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGHhbkB_YoA
----------------------------------
SRIMAN NARAYANEEYAM 5 (DASAKAM 73-87) BY TRICHUR V. RAMACHANDRAN
https://youtu.be/dL9Pz73EVEo
----------------------------------
SRIMAN NARAYANEEYAM 6 (DASAKAM 88-100) BY TRICHUR V. RAMACHANDRAN
https://youtu.be/Hzx5Jrvaksk
---------------------------------------
Regards

CRama

Post by CRama »

RSR, The urls given by you are correct.

RSR

Post by RSR »

@81 -> @CRama

Sir, Thank you. I am waiting for the remaining ragams. No hurry.
At your leisure.
Naraayaneeyam, Guruvaayoor, Thrisoor, Chembai, Chembai music festival, Trissor Ramachandran, are all very popular tags.
Would like to add the tag 'Jesudas' too. But has he sung any of the Naraayaneeyam songs as did his guru? Any links?

CRama

Post by CRama »

Jesudas used to sing the last slokam Yogeendranam in his concerts. But I dont think that tag is necessary.

RSR

Post by RSR »

@83-> @CRama
Yes, Sir. I will not add that tag. Any volunteers for translation of the verses in thamizh? Gist for each will do. I get transliteration in thamizh
only . Translation in English is available but thamizh translation may be unique , perhaps not attemped , so far.
@vgovindan Can he help?

vgovindan

Post by vgovindan »

These are in Sanskrit isn't it? I am not qualified in Sanskrit. Translation of MD kRtis has been carried out Ms Rajani.
I can undertake transliteration.

mohan

Post by mohan »

RSR wrote: 29 May 2020, 20:40 @83-> @CRama
Any volunteers for translation of the verses in thamizh? Gist for each will do. I get transliteration in thamizh
only . Translation in English is available but thamizh translation may be unique , perhaps not attemped ,
Translation in Tamil has been done and is available in book form:
https://www.amazon.in/Sreeman-Narayanee ... B00P8W2IB4
https://sites.google.com/site/mahaperiy ... RAYANEEYAM

Transliteration in Tamil also available:
https://sanskritdocuments.org/sites/com ... wnload.htm

RSR

Post by RSR »

@86->@mohan
Thank you very much Sir.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzRAui ... VYWlE/view
https://sites.google.com/site/mahaperiy ... RAYANEEYAM
--
Exactly, what I am looking for. I cannot thank you enough.
Best Regards.
---------------
@vgovindan
Fortunately, Sri.Mohan has given a wonderful link for tamil translation. Less of strain to you.
Regards

RSR

Post by RSR »

The PDF for all the slokams of NaraayaNeeyam in thamizh transliteration and translation as well are available in the following links.
-------------------------------------------------
( many thanks to @mohan
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzRAui ... sp=sharing

PDF 000 Narayaneeyam 1 to 4

---------------------------------------------------------
PDF 001 Narayaneeyam 5 to 12-1

-------------------------------------------------------

PDF 002 Narayaneeyam 12-2 to 21-3
------------------------------------------------------

PDF 003 Narayaneeyam 21-4 to 23-3
----------------------------------------------------

PDF 004 Narayaneeyam 23-4 to 36-1
-----------------------------------------------------

PDF 005 Narayaneeyam 36-2 to 50
--------------------------------------------------

PDF 006 Narayaneeyam 51 to 57
-------------------------------------------------
=========================
https://docs.google.com/folderview?id=0 ... =drive_web

007 Narayaneeyam

===========================

PDF 008 Narayaneeyam 60 to 76-2

---------------------------------------------------

PDF 009 Narayaneeyam 76-3 to 90

----------------------------------------------------

PDF 010 Narayaneeyam 91 to 100

CRama

Post by CRama »

Next set of ragams
Dasakam- Ragam- Starting words
34 Saranga -Geervanairardyamano
35 Mohanam- Neetha sugreevamaithrim
36 Kedaragowla- Adre putra dayaapuraa
37 Arabhi- Saandraanandatano
38 Bilahari- Aanandaroopa
39 Asaveri- Bhavantha mayamudvahan
40 Panthuvarali- Tadanu nanda mamanda
41 Saramathi- Vrajeswara sowrivaso
42 Andolika-- Kadaapi janmarshadite
43 Vasantha- Thvaameghadaa gurumarutpuranadha
44 Anandabhairavi- Koodham Vasudeva khiraa
45 Vachaspathi-- Ayi sabala murare
46 Mayamalavagowla- Ayi deva puraakhila
47 Jonpuri-- Eka daadadi
48 Gowrimanohari- Mudaa surowkha
49 Brindavanasaranga- Bhavat prabhaavaaviduraa
50 Saraswathy- Tarala madhukritbrunde
51 Sreeranjani- Kadaachana
52 Kalyanavasantham- Anyaavataara
53 Nalinakanthi-- Atheethyabaalyam
54 Punnagavarali- Thwat sevotka
55 Sourashtram-- Atha vaarini ghorataram
56 Pilu-- Ruchira kampita
57 Durga-- Raama sakha
58 Nadanamakriya-- Twayi viharana lole
59 Yamunakalyani-- Twat vapuhu
60 Saveri-- Madanaadura
61 Hamsadhwani- Tadascha Brindavana
62 Valaji- Kadaachit gopaalaan
63 Durbar-- Dadrusire khila
64 Kapi -- Aalokya

RSR

Post by RSR »

@89->@CRama
Sir, Thank you for the second list.
Have a look at
https://guruvaayoorkshethram.blogspot.com/
and let me have your suggestions. Would it be possible to give the opening phrase in Sanskrit- devanagari letters? ? That would help in easier identification.
Also, the opening phrase of the song in SANSKRIT, then ENGLISH and then the ragam. will be more helpful. The music part is almost over waiting for the third list.
Thank you

CRama

Post by CRama »

Last set of ragams
Dasakam- Ragam- Starting words
65 Kapi - Gopeejanaaya gaditham
66 Revati - Upayaathaanaam sudrusaam
67 Sama - Sphurath paraananda
68 Kanada - Tava vilokanaad gopikaa janaa
69 Hameerkalyani - Kesapasadritha
70 Nagaswarali - Idi thvayi rasaakulam
71 Nata - Yatheshu sarveshvapi
72 Behag - Kamsodha narada
73 Mukhari - Nisamayya thavaadha
74 Shanmugapriya - Sampraaptho madhuraam
75 Sankarabharanam - Praadha sandrastha
76 Chandrakauns - Gatwaa Sandeepanimada
77 Hamsanadam - Sairandaryaas thadanu
78 Yadukulakambodi - Tridasa vardhaki
79 Abheri - Balasametha Balaanugatho
80 Dharmavathy - Sthraajithasthva madha
81 Tilang - Sthigdhaam mugdhaam
82 Bagesree - Pradyumno Rougmineya
83 Navarasakannada- Raamodha Gokulagate
84 Sourashtram - Kwachidhada tapanokaraagakaale
85 Rishabhapriya - Tadho Magadha bhoobhrudhaa
86 Hamsanandi - Saalvo bhaishmee vivaahe
87 Desh - Kuchela naamaa
88 Subhapanthuvarali- Praakevaachaaryaputra
89 Varamu - Ramaa jaane jaane
90 Sudhasaveri - Vraga bhrugu muni
91 Ranjani - Sree Krishna twat padopaasana
92 Chenjuruti - Vedai sarvaani
93 Kalyani - Bandhu sneham vijahyaam
94 Natabhairavi - Suddhaa nishkaama dharmaihi
95 Maund - Aadau Hairanya garbheem
96 Sindubhairavi - Twam hi brahmaiva
97 Kumudakriya - Trai gunyaat bhinna rupam
98 Suruti - Yasminnetat vibhaataam
99 Neelambari- Vishnor veeryaani
100 Madhyamavathy - Agre pasyaami tejo

CRama

Post by CRama »

RSR. Saw the website. Nicely done. You have given the starting words in English and Sanskrit. That is fine.
My name is C.Ramakrishnan. Not Ramachandran as given by you in the website.
The contents of each dasakam as given by you is appropriate. Also about the Melpathur Narayana Bhattathiri.
I am happy that I could contribute in a small way in this mighty task done by you. Thanks to you. The episodes of my hearing TVR concerts has led to the creation of a website for Narayanneeyam.
Guruvayoorappan's wish. Your painstaking efforts much appreciated.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Namaskaram to the dedicated forumites coming together for a great offering to Lord Guruvayurappan through a sophisticated, musical documentation of Naayaneeyam!

Devotion, literature and music have formed a Triveni Sangamam!

It bears a special significance especially in these trying times and things have taken shape most naturally and quickly by the Lord's grace.

We have to leisurely go through the project...

RSR

Post by RSR »

@91, @92
@CRama
Respected Sir, Thank you for the third and final list of ragams. I have just now updated the post .
Kindly excuse me for the error in mentioning your name as CRamachandran . I have corrected it.
Chanting of the Lord's glory , itself is soul-lifting.
When combined with great music, it is much more so.
With the rendering and ragam information provided by you, it becomes a treasure.
( May I request you to check items 64 and 65?)
Without your precious reminiscence, guidance and inputs, the post would not have materialized.
How I wish that like your beloved mother, the younger generation, made it a practice to sing at least one dhasakam every morning with devotion!
Thank you for your kind help.
Regards.

RSR

Post by RSR »

@Sivaramakrishnan
Respected Sir,
Thank you.
Devotion, literature and music have formed a Triveni Sangamam!

It bears a special significance especially in these trying times and things have taken shape most naturally and quickly by the Lord's grace.
How true!

CRama

Post by CRama »

While identifying the ragams I sought confirmation from Sivarmakrishnan for a couple of ragams. My thanks to him.
REg the title of the website- it will be better to make it as Narayaneeyam by Thrissur Ramachandran. If we say Guruvayoor kshetram, then it should cover information like formation of the temple, rituals and all details connected with the temple.

CRama

Post by CRama »

There is some confusion in ragams between 60 and 65. I give below the corrected ones

59 Yamunakalyani Twat vapuhu
60 Yamunakalyani Madanaathura
61 Saveri Tadascha Brindavana
62 Hamsadhwani Kadaachit gopaalaan
63 Valaji Dadrusire khila
64 Durbar Alokhya sailodharana
65 Kapi Gopeejanaaya gaditham

RSR

Post by RSR »

@96
@CRama
Respected Sir,
I will make the required corrections in ragam information today.

As for the title of the blog, the blog site is about Guruvaayoor . And of course, about NaaraayaNeeyam. In this month, I intend giving many more pages, of select dhasaakams like Dhruva, Prahlaadhaa, Mahaabali, Rama Avathaaram, Mahabaratha war, and such in English and Tamizh too as narrated by Narayaneeyam.

I will try to gather information about the sacred shrine as much as possible. ( including the Temple Entry Sathyagraha there led by Krishna Pillai, Mannatthu Padhmanabhan, Kelppan, A.K.Gopalan and others). There will be information about Chembai Vaidhyanatha Bagavathar and his devotion to the shrine.
There will be information about Chemabai Music festival too.
So, kindly allow me to proceed with the further pages.
As for the rituals there, you are most welcome to contribute.
Best Regards.

RSR

Post by RSR »

@CRama , @Sivaramakrishnan ,
@Govindan @mohan
Sirs, For your kind perusal and guidance
SELECT EPISODES FROM NaaraayaNeeyam
( in Thamizh and English)
https://guruvaayoorkshethram.blogspot.c ... -page.html

cienu

Post by cienu »

I congratulate @CRama for his truly selfless efforts in identifying the 100 ragas for the benefit of all rasikas. This is one of the main reasons why Rasikas,Org will forever remain a treasure house of information thanks to such dedicated members. I also enjoyed reading CRama's post # 54 on his Trivandrum days and experiences. Also a sincere thanks to RSR for his blog on the Guruvayur Temple.